steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine

Go down

is there a noticeable vibration in the steering wheel of your 1.6 ddis powered vehicle when idling ?

steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Vote_lcap0%steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Vote_lcap0%steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Vote_lcap83%steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]
steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Vote_lcap17%steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Empty steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine

Post by kellogs on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Hello,

not long after I have bought this very well suited engine for my Vitara 2015 it started exhibiting some vibrations in the steering wheel. This has started even before I have reached 1 000 km. The vibrations are not only tactile but also visual. I can literally see the steering wheel shaking, and at one time the vibrations caused some plastic underneath to rattle.

The mechanic I took it too connected the Suzuki brand's tester, saw nothing wrong, and declared it normally operating. As for myself, I have driven two older and noisier diesel cars before this one and have had no such symptoms in their steering wheels. Please share some of your experience behind this car's steering wheel.

Thanks!

kellogs

Back to top Go down

steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Empty Re: steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine

Post by Gar Green on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:04 pm

I have driven a good few, and I have never noticed this issue. I'll look out for it from now on.

It is more when it's hot/cold?
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine Empty Re: steering wheel vibrations when idling, 1.6 ddis engine

Post by kellogs on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:13 pm

Gargreen wrote:I have driven a good few, and I have never noticed this issue. I'll look out for it from now on.

It is more when it's hot/cold?

Noticed it happens when the idling rev goes below a certain RPM - around 850 I'd say. Does not matter hot or cold.

kellogs

Back to top Go down

Post by kellogs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:33 am

I have described this issue in a petition addressed to Suzuki Magyar Corporation. Please take a moment to sign it if you are in the same situation.

https://www.change.org/p/magyar-suzuki-corporation-address-the-high-vibrations-felt-in-new-suzuki-vehicles

kellogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Never known or heard of it so a petition is not going to help on a one off case, it sounds like you need to talk with your local dealer to investigate a low tickover that is partially stalling the engine giving a low voltage to the electronic power steering.
If you hold the steering wheel on anything with electronic power steering you will get movement as the electric motor powers up but not a constant movement that you describe on your

karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziga Vitara on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:00 pm

I've never experienced this issue, if I did, I'd definitely notice it.
Ziga Vitara
Ziga Vitara

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:05 pm

kellogs wrote:Hello,

not long after I have bought this very well suited engine for my Vitara 2015 it started exhibiting some vibrations in the steering wheel. This has started even before I have reached 1 000 km. The vibrations are not only tactile but also visual. I can literally see the steering wheel shaking, and at one time the vibrations caused some plastic underneath to rattle.

The mechanic I took it too connected the Suzuki brand's tester, saw nothing wrong, and declared it normally operating. As for myself, I have driven two older and noisier diesel cars before this one and have had no such symptoms in their steering wheels. Please share some of your experience behind this car's steering wheel.

Thanks!

Did you buy the engine separately from the car ?????

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken H on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:22 am

NOT a problem with our vitara

Ken H

Back to top Go down

Post by Neu on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:28 pm

I only feel vibrations in the steering wheel when AC is ON.
If AC is off, no noticeable vibrations.
Neu
Neu

Back to top Go down

Post by kellogs on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:06 pm

We have 10 petitioners and a standard robot reply from <suzuki@europ-assistance.ro>. The more people sign this the better. So if you have got the problem don't hesitate to sign it. You can also leave a comment with your vehicle model, year / month of production, and anything related.

https://www.change.org/p/magyar-suzuki-corporation-address-the-high-vibrations-felt-in-new-suzuki-vehicles

Thank you

kellogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down