Windscreen

Go down

Windscreen Empty Windscreen

Post by RichK on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:18 pm

Had a nice tipper lorry offload a boulder few days back and put a lovely indentation the size of a tennis ball in my windscreen. Through insurance Autoglass came today with new screen but was for a Grand Vitara, he made a few calls and said screen for the new Vitara not on their stock list and unsure when they can get one for ! So having to drive car until they can find one. It was such an impact shards of glass splinters sprayed inside the car.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Windscreen Empty Re: Windscreen

Post by Rattly on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Speak to your insurers, they will have other suppliers and can even get a Suzuki dealer to do it!
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Sorry to hear that Rich, I have had a piece of grit put a full scratch across the sweep of the wiper blade directly in the drivers view so Autoglass is on the radar this week

As for on the stock list I had a similar situation with a windscreen for my Suzuki Carry, I explained it was a Japanese import and not your average 1.3 UK spec but they insisted it was on their database

They turned up with a DA32V screen where I have a DA63T and nothing alike, finally they admitted they did not have a screen to fit Rolling Eyes

I then contacted the local Suzuki dealer and enquired if and when available, then armed with the part number contacted Autoglass explaining the screen was available from Suzuki GB and it was installed within the week direct from Japan

Call your local Suzuki dealer, grab a part number and availability and let Autoglass know

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Alrewas on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 pm

Had a similar experience 2 weeks ago, insurance company put me in touch with National Windscreens who supplied and fitted a new one next day. It seems there are different screens for the SZT and the SZ5 the latter has a sensor for automatic lights and wipers. If it is any help their number is 0800 955 0108.

Alrewas

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:01 am

Thanks, will have to wait for Auto glass as through insurance and paid excess etc. Had two phone calls, one asking if it was auto or manual and second call asking if it was diesel or petrol !!!!

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum