Roof bars

Go down

Roof bars  Empty Roof bars

Post by Tony's here on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:49 am

Changing from SX4 2.0 DDIS old model to Vitara 1.4 S problem is I have Menabo cross rails (cheap courtesy of Lidl) and cycle carriers to suite, these work well are lightweight aluminium, bad news they will not mount to the close fit longitudinal roof rails on Vitara. Any low cost solutions out there as I don't want to junk perfectly good kit as well as being a tight retired Yorkshireman Very Happy

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Roof bars  Empty Re: Roof bars

Post by Gar Green on Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Good news and bad news for this one....

Bad news, for quality your looking at Thule bars, ok quality and it is genuine Suzuki made by Mont Blanc

Good news is that the SX4 bars you own should fit Jimny, Wagon R, Early Grand Vitara, Early Ignis etc so hopefully an easy sale towards any of the above

Karl

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony's here on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Hello & thanks guys. If they were for regular use I would consider the layout on Thule or Mont Blanc but for the occasional bike jaunt or trip to the timber yard they are an expensive option. Any idea if the immediate previous model Vitara rails are similar, as you can see I am determined to find a cost effective(cheap) solution Wink Still getting over not being provided with a spare wheel or jack, a car loaded with every electronic gizmo under the sun but not one of the oldest inventions known to man Rolling Eyes

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 pm

No the JB Grand Vitara (05-16) uses a different mounting system

The new Vitara only shares roof rails with the S-Cross and Suzuki Hustler (A fantastic Suzuki unfortunately not imported to the UK)

There are budget Vitara/S-Cross bars listed on ebay, like a pair of shoes from Bacons their quality or actual fitment I could not really comment on

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony's here on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Oh well back to the drawing board, not in any particular rush. Will probably get arrested inspecting vehicles of alternative manufacture in my search for compatibility. I do love a challenge.

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony's here on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:09 am

Thanks for this, looking on eBay these look compatible & cost effective. May give them a go.

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog66 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:58 am

I have the Farad Alloy bars. Fitting is a bit of a pain as you have to get the measurements right before attaching to the rails. No real space for allen key to tighten feet to rails when fitted. Also be aware that when fitting attachments, the space between the bars and roof if quite narrow. Also, noise level is loud when driving, but that may be an issue with the rubber covering the slots!

If i get a moment this coming weekend, I will try and get some pics up!
maddog66
maddog66

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:26 am

Thanks for the feedback Maddog, things like this are what the forum is here for, I'm sure if you asked the seller he would say easy to fit and quiet as a mouse (although never having ever fitted a set)

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony's here on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:54 pm

maddog66 wrote:I have the Farad Alloy bars. Fitting is a bit of a pain as you have to get the measurements right before attaching to the rails. No real space for allen key to tighten feet to rails when fitted. Also be aware that when fitting attachments, the space between the bars and roof if quite narrow. Also, noise level is loud when driving, but that may be an issue with the rubber covering the slots!

If i get a moment this coming weekend, I will try and get some pics up!

Thanks for info, suppose you get what you pay for, it's just that "superior" alternatives for occasional use are really silly prices.

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog66 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Tony's here wrote:Thanks for info, suppose you get what you pay for, it's just that "superior" alternatives for occasional use are really silly prices.

That is so true... I think the noise side could be my error on cutting the correct lengths of rubber strip. But when you fit something like a bike, there will be an element of noise anyway. At the end of the day, I am pleased with them so no problems!! Very Happy Very Happy
maddog66
maddog66

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog66 on Tue May 02, 2017 9:36 am

Pictures as promised... though a little late! Very Happy

Roof bars  Rb110

Roof bars  Rb210
maddog66
maddog66

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara5 on Thu May 04, 2017 8:37 am

We used Cruz bars as a reasonable price for occasional use from the Roofbox Co (No affiliation!). Bit of a fiddle first time fit with a 1/4 drive socket , but once set up easy to refit etc.
There are square or aero bars. We had square which, like most bars have some wind noise. worse with a ladder on it though! Easy to change to a new car fit with just the brackets at under £20 too. The Vitara roof is relatively short, so watch the overhang, it would be easy to clout the rear door on the load!

Tiara5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down