whine noise when reversing and turning at the same time?

Go down

whine noise when reversing and turning at the same time? Empty whine noise when reversing and turning at the same time?

Post by Vitaraphil on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:44 am

Just got in this morning but noticed whilst I was turning and reversing at the same time, I could hear a whine noise?
So I moved the Vitara forward and turned the wheels etc no noise, so tried turning and reversing again and yes a slight whine type of noise.
I have never heard this whine noise before so assuming there is an issue somewhere?

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

whine noise when reversing and turning at the same time? Empty Re: whine noise when reversing and turning at the same time?

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:31 am

I did speak to a Suzuki tech who said they had a few Vitaras with a squeal from the rear brakes when reversing but where yet to find out what causes it as nothing was binding?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

whine noise when reversing and turning at the same time? Empty Re: whine noise when reversing and turning at the same time?

Post by Gar Green on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:37 am

Ahhh the rear brake squeal. No one really knows what the fix is. You can change the pads and discs to no avail. Pads have also been ground on the edges, again, to no avail. The only thing that can bring some joy is a product called Mintex anti squeal paste.

whine noise when reversing and turning at the same time? Img_0611

Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitaraphil on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks chaps,
So basically its nothing to be concerned about.
It was just I hadn't heard the noise before - although my music normally kicks in before I maneuver off so maybe its always been there........

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:13 am

Mine does it slightly if I'm reversing slowly, very slowly. I wouldn't panic about it.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbo on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi
I have this noise on my Vitara when reversing off the drive in the mornings . I have also noticed a rubber smell from the o/s rear wheel sometimes  on returning home .

Last edited by jimbo on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:29 pm

i have the same when I reverse slowly I don't take no notice of it.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:30 pm

Oh so it's not just me then.

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:17 pm

no its not just you my lady friend remarks about it and I just say I have not tightened up the back wheels enough. Laughing Shocked

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 pm

I also had this on my S between 7k and 9k miles. Mentioned it prior to service and came back squeal free.

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:44 pm

jester did they tell you what they done to stop it???

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Sadly not other than "Darren dismantled, cleaned and put together the rear brake on one side."

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down