New Vitara owner

Go down

New Vitara owner Empty New Vitara owner

Post by Vitaraphil on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:22 pm

I had a Suzuki Boulevard Trike 1400 until last June and it was starting to show its age a bit. So decided to move it on and this left me without a vehicle [wife uses the Saab convertible], we went on our hols down to Blue Anchor in Somerset mid June 2016, whilst walking back from the beach, I noticed what I thought was a Range Rover in a Bronze colour? parked up on the road.
As I got to it I noticed it was a Vitara, Wow this looked very nice and when I got back to our accommodation I did some research  on the Vitara etc.
Well come Monday we were in Taunton Somerset looking around a Suzuki dealership garage and came across a 15 plate SZ5 Allgrip with the black trim rugged pack? fitted - diesel in Horizon Orange with a black roof on the forecourt, took it out for a test drive, came back with a wide smile across my face, paid a deposit and arranged to pick it up on the Thursday.
I have now done around 4000 miles in it and love every minute of it, only a couple of issues - I got a rattle noise from the passengers door /corner of the windscreen, it came on when the weather got cold in the autumn for a day and have not had since, very odd?
The sat nav and Ipod froze on us whilst driving around Weymouth two weeks ago, switched off and switched back on and it reset itself [although the clock time had gained 7 hours] - it is one of those things will digital items sometimes they freeze!

But apart form the autumn rattle and the sat nav freeze it has been great.

I do like the driving position, the large sun roof, it seems very comfy in the cabin and solid to drive, MPG is great, the 4 doors is great for getting Skye our bordercollie in and out easily- all in all a fab vehicle. Very Happy

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

New Vitara owner Empty Re: New Vitara owner

Post by Gar Green on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Welcome aboard. Glad you're enjoying the Vitara.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Welcome to the Forum cheers

Great to hear yo are enjoying the Vitara and understand sometimes all these electronics may freeze once in a while

Have you done the update on the Bosch unit?

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t246-latest-firmware

allow yourself 20-30mins and at one point it did scare me that I had the white screen of death but just leave it running and it will sort itself out thumbl

Now lets see some pictures camera

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitaraphil on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Admin wrote:Welcome to the Forum cheers

Great to hear yo are enjoying the Vitara and understand sometimes all these electronics may freeze once in a while

Have you done the update on the Bosch unit?

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t246-latest-firmware

allow yourself 20-30mins and at one point it did scare me that I had the white screen of death but just leave it running and it will sort itself out thumbl

Now lets see some pictures camera

Karl

Hi Karl,
Update?
Want do I need to do, take out the SD card and plug it into a lap top for this to happen?

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:29 pm

EKrava wrote:https://yadi.sk/d/ii-uuqEu36dMzo
Bosh SLDA update to 850 version.
need flash more than 4GB, copy all files to clean flash, and try to update, ppl from russian forum said , update can work from usb flash and sd card too

Get a 4GB SD card, download the link EKrava has posted above, copy it to the 4GB SD card, put SD card in head unit, switch on ignition and it will update itself, mine took around 30 minutes

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vitara_turbo on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:53 am

Hi, Admin. Will this update fix the problems with mirrorlink?. I click on the mirrorlink portion of the screen n nothing happens Sad
Loving my vitara too. Going for 1st capped service tomorrow. What things should I keep in mind?
Edit: Just visited the other thread. I use Windows phone as well:P
Do you still think its worth updating? Everything that can work is working for my phone.lol

vitara_turbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:17 pm

The Windows phone was disappointing not to work with the Mirrorlink, the update may not show any differences but may cure the freezing some are/have experienced

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitaraphil on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Is the update only for mobile phone link?

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Post by vitara_turbo on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:36 pm

@vitaraphil From what I read. It is an overall stability update with new keyboard layout. Many have experienced delay/freezing/random disconnection issues especially while using mirrorlink(mobile phone link) and this update has fixed these issues for some. Check out the thread linked above if you haven't already.

vitara_turbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitaraphil on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:42 pm

vitara_turbo wrote:@vitaraphil From what I read. It is an overall stability update with new keyboard layout. Many have experienced delay/freezing/random disconnection issues especially while using mirrorlink(mobile phone link) and this update has fixed these issues for some. Check out the thread linked above if you haven't already.

I must be one of the very few who does not use a mobile phone, so I should be ok.

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down