Another new Vitara owner

Go down

Another new Vitara owner Empty Another new Vitara owner

Post by Petrust on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:37 am

Hi all,
Just found this forum while exploring around the net, and registered straightaway as it seems just what I am looking for.
A little about me and my vehicle: I am now semi-retired just working part-time and I live near Redhill in Surrey. In June last year I saw a used 2016 Vitara 1.4S auto allgrip advertised at a very keen price. It was owned & registered to Suzuki GB at Milton Keynes and only used for advertising & marketing purposes, with a total of only 800+ miles on the clock. It had some useful extras fitted (posh carpets, centre arm rest, rear bumper protector) and was finished in the attractive pearl white paintwork. It replaces two vehicles - a V40 R-Design and an old Cherokee 4x4, both of which I have now sold.
Have to say I am really pleased with this Vitara as it performs extremely well. This comes as no surprise to me as I have had 3 Suzuki bikes (still own one of them - a DL650) and they have all been good buys.
When I have given the Vitara a good clean I will post up some photos; - the country lanes around Surrey & Sussex are filthy at this time of the year...........
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Another new Vitara owner Empty Re: Another new Vitara owner

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:58 am

Welcome to the Forum from a fellow Vitara and DL650 owner!!

Having owned Suzuki motorcycles I'm sure you will know to keep up with regular oil changes and all will be good

Look forward to some pictures of your Suzuki's

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find some good info here. I'm driving a 1.4 also. Really enjoying it.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by zukiara on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum, Im druving an x-Suzuki GB car too, an S Cross Allgrip, cant wait for pictures.
Eeeee
zukiara
zukiara

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:35 am

Happy motoring Petrust, and well done for selecting the All Grip. I am not really familiar with auto vehicles, and I do wonder how the combination of auto and all grip effects handling in winter conditions. I presume you can select a ratio that keeps the car in a lower gear .

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:31 am

I have owned a fair number of 4x4s over the years and they were all manual up to now. I too was a little hesitant about having a combination of Allgrip and Auto, but the reality is that it works just fine. There is an "M" position for the lever (i.e. manual mode) and you use the steering wheel paddles to change up & down the 6 speed box, so you can hold it in whatever gear you think most suitable for the conditions.
There is also a clever over-ride system which prevents damage to engine & transmission in manual mode; it automatically changes up if over revved in a lower gear, and changes down if the engine is slogging in a too high gear.
We had a few cms of snow around here a couple of weeks ago, and the manual mode and allgrip worked perfectly. Very Happy
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by alec on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Welcome Petrust, I'm fairly new here.
Not that far from you in Surrey.
I'm sure you've already discovered there is a lot of useful information on this forum.
alec
alec

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks for detailed reply Petrust. This seems to be a very nice motor; so you can also use it as a manual with the classy paddle controls. May well be tempted !!!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:55 am

You can set it in manual and use the paddles but if the auto box doesn't like you gear choice it still changes automatically. Also if you are in auto setting you can still flap up or down on the paddles. Find it useful for overtaking, drop it down and go rather than wait for a split lag while the box decides to drop down.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down