Lights Lane change setting

Go down

Lights Lane change setting Empty Lights Lane change setting

Post by Razor120 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:47 am

Was looking through my dashboard menu and under the lights setting there is a lane change on / off setting does anyone know what this does?
Razor120
Razor120

Posts : 51
Join date : 2016-06-05
Location : Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Lights Lane change setting Empty Re: Lights Lane change setting

Post by Phil on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:16 am

Razor120 wrote:Was looking through my dashboard menu and under the lights setting there is a lane change on / off setting does anyone know what this does?

I *think* that turns the 3 indicator flash on/off. If you just flick the indicator stalk up/down, so right/left, they will flash 3 times. Saves having to fully engage the switch.

Phil

Phil

Posts : 108
Join date : 2015-12-16
Location : On top of the Chilterns - UK

Back to top Go down

Lights Lane change setting Empty Re: Lights Lane change setting

Post by Razor120 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:52 am

Cheers Phil thanks for the info.
Razor120
Razor120

Posts : 51
Join date : 2016-06-05
Location : Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Lights Lane change setting Empty Re: Lights Lane change setting

Post by Gar Green on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Phil wrote:
Razor120 wrote:Was looking through my dashboard menu and under the lights setting there is a lane change on / off setting does anyone know what this does?

I *think* that turns the 3 indicator flash on/off. If you just flick the indicator stalk up/down, so right/left, they will flash 3 times. Saves having to fully engage the switch.

Phil

That's correct, I leave mine on as I find it rather useful.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Posts : 944
Join date : 2016-04-23
Age : 30
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

Lights Lane change setting Empty Re: Lights Lane change setting

Post by Phil on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:43 pm

I vaguely recall the manual says that the number of flashes can be changed but it needs a dealer to do it which I find a bit strange.

Phil

Phil

Posts : 108
Join date : 2015-12-16
Location : On top of the Chilterns - UK

Back to top Go down

Lights Lane change setting Empty Re: Lights Lane change setting

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:27 am

NO you can do it yourself; and it is very simple. To be honest I hate the three flash sequence. One or two courtesy flashes are quite sufficient, particularly when restoring your position on the inside lane of a motorway. Three flashes can give the impression you are pulling off on to the hard shoulder. Additionally, if in error you clip the indicator lever, all sorts of problems can evolve.

JOHNWALES

Posts : 424
Join date : 2016-01-27
Age : 75
Location : CARMARTHEN

Back to top Go down

Lights Lane change setting Empty Re: Lights Lane change setting

Post by Phil on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:13 am

JOHNWALES wrote:NO you can do it yourself;  and it is very simple.   To be honest I hate the three flash sequence.  One or two courtesy flashes are quite sufficient,  particularly when restoring your position on the inside lane of a motorway.   Three flashes can give the impression you are pulling off on to the hard shoulder.   Additionally,  if in error you clip the indicator lever,  all sorts of problems can evolve.

How? Having now read the manual it says that it can be changed to 1 to 4 flashes but to talk to your dealer on how to do it.


Phil

Phil

Posts : 108
Join date : 2015-12-16
Location : On top of the Chilterns - UK

Back to top Go down

Lights Lane change setting Empty Re: Lights Lane change setting

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:50 pm

Difficult to explain without the car in front of me. But I will try. Rotate the right hand side switch until you are faced with a blank screen. Then fully depress until new options appear, like tpms ; mpg / litres etc. and you will soon see one for lights, just change the option.
If you have difficulty I will go down to car and get more specific instructions.

JOHNWALES

Posts : 424
Join date : 2016-01-27
Age : 75
Location : CARMARTHEN

Back to top Go down

Lights Lane change setting Empty Re: Lights Lane change setting

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum