Delivery delays?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Delivery delays? - Page 4 Empty Re: Delivery delays?

Post by Phil on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:23 pm

TMS wrote:Does anybody know what the current situation is with turnaround time?

I'm considering purchasing the Vitara S with auto but I'm not really in a position to wait four months like some of the horror stories earlier in this thread.

Any recent buyers that can report in?

(PS: apologies if bumping isn't permitted)

Ordered my SZ5 Allgrip petrol auto black over red on the 6th Nov and picked it up from the dealer on the 3rd Dec with private plate, centre console, rear spoiler and mats all installed. So ~ 4 weeks delivery for mine. Best thing to do is to contact the dealer and ask. We were looking at the Vitara, Mazda CX3 and Skoda Yeti. The Suzuki dealer was the first one I contacted and the first question was delivery timescales. I also told him we may be looking at the other 2 if the Vitara wasn't as expected particularly by my Mrs. I did know what I wanted - colour was the only question as SWMBO wanted blue to start with but didn't like it when she saw it in the flesh. Fortunately the demo car was a petrol auto but that was black over orange which I liked but they also had a red 2wd in stock so red was the decision. :-)
Just starting to stretch it's legs a bit in Sport mode now that there are 1000 miles on it - I'm even more cautious than some - and it seems nicely planted.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:09 pm

Welcome to the Forum TMS, no problems resurrecting an old thread

There appears to be some stock at various dealerships with the 1.6 and the delays now seem to be with SZ5 Allgrip with Black roof option, a friend recently ordered a SZ5 2wd, was quoted a month but was delivered within 2-3weeks
Since December most dealers seem to have had a Turbo S in stock as a demo but I am yet to see one on the road, hopefully Suzuki took note of how well the Vitara sold last year and maybe why dealers were not able to sell any Turbo S until January when stock was available?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:23 pm

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Hmmmmm... the Allgrip was what I was going for as well. Rats!

Basically, I'm torn between the grey/black SZ5 4wd auto and the grey S 4wd auto.

Hoping to get a test drive of the S lined up soon to compare it against the SZ5 (will report back in other thread). Honestly, if they hadn't put that bulky sunroof as standard (I'm 6'1), I'd have probably have bitten already... but then again, I want my two-tone!

Will drop the dealerships a line and get their take on availability and timescales.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:50 pm

One other thing is that it may be worthwhile going on carwow.com or drivethedeal as they are nationwide. I used carwow to see what sort of discounts I could expect and you should get at least 5 dealers making you offers. I then used this as a bargaining tool and it worked ;-)

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Yeah, I've used carwow to get a rough target price, which is about 5-6% off list price (although the S isn't listed on carwow yet).

Haven't tried drivethedeal. Thanks for the heads up.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:53 pm

Spoke to the dealership this morning and had him query the UK ordering system on my behalf.

S models in black or white ordered today would be available by February 16th - so about 5 weeks.  Grey or red I'm unsure about, but I'd expect build schedules to be pushed back a few weeks.  They seem to build them in batches on different weeks.

SZ5's in grey/black (my preference) seemed to be available over a similar timeline.

This was for allgrip and auto specification.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:47 pm

Just a quick update for people interested in wait times... I had a call from the dealership.

The Vitara S the dealership ordered (on my behalf so I could test drive) arrived yesterday - about 2 weeks early.

Not sure if they'd actually already ordered it and they're just blagging to make me feel special, but assuming they're not, that's a two-week turnaround!  

Test-driving the SZ5 and the S back-to-back this Saturday to gauge the differences on throttle response.  Either way, hopefully they can offer a decent deal.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Stick the SZ5 in sport mode. :-)

Be interested in the comparison.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:36 pm

My new "S" will be delivered to the dealer on Monday but he tells me that
a new "S" ordered today may not be delivered until July due to the huge
demand.
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:28 pm

My dealer now unsure when mine will arrive, he did say end of March but now after deposit paid says could be a few months. Is a deposit a legal binding to receive the car whenever ?, just that there are quite a few Allgrip autos ex demos around.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:41 pm

The market is flooded with demonstrator and very low mileage All Grips, petrol and diesel.
I bought mine at five months old for £5,000 under the new price with just 2,500 miles on the clock. I cover a high annual mileage, and it is very beneficial to buy a car which has only done a few miles in its early life, as the car will have less chance of being high mileage in years to come.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:55 pm

If you can get an Ex demo and your dealer cannot supply on the date agreed i'm sure you are more than in your rights to cancel and receive a full refund of your deposit

Locally there does seem to be a lot of unregistered Turbo S models on the 4 dealers in my area, plenty of SZ4 and SZT in various colours including 2 tone yet very little in the way of SZ5 AllGrips, somebody at Suzuki GB is not reading the market very well and what customers want

I still think Suzuki selling a 2wd Vitara was a wrong move and all specifications should be AllGrip keeping the model range far less complicated confused

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:20 pm

Agree with you 100 % there admin. If a car looks as though it should be 4 w.d. then the engineering should adapt to that specification. The classic example of course concerns the recent Landrover Freelander which offers a couple of base models in 2 w.d. mode. Why anyone would want to buy such a car is beyond me; I can only think they want their neighbours to think they are running a 4 w.d. ; but if they also chose not to tread them with winter tyres they are likely to get stuck in snow and watch Fiestas pass them by !!!

The All grip technology represents the biggest safety innovation that has hit motoring in the last 20 years, putting 2 w.d. versions on the road will not help promote the company.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Suzuki may have an initial lowish price point hence the 2wd version. Also there may well be "green" element at play here where the extra mpg that a 2wd gives helps the overall picture. Manufacturers have to achieve ever reducing CO2 emission levels across their range so that may have been another influence. Details here :- http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/fcb/cars-and-carbon-dioxide.asp

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:14 pm

I placed an order for a Vitara S just over two weeks ago, and it came into my local dealer this week, just under 2 weeks delivery. Will pick it up next week.

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:43 pm

Just had my dealer on the phone  IT'S  ARRIVED !
Will get it later this week.
No longer grumpy souter - now happy grumpy souter.
GS

Last edited by Grumpy Souter on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Had a phone call today to say our Vitara is on the next batch in, possibly Monday. They need a few days they say to prep and fit extras so hopefully end of next week Very Happy Very Happy

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Defke on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi all, soon to be owner of Vitara S from Serbia here.

I wanted to order red-black Vitara S Allgrip four weeks ago, but the dealer informed me they only have a pearl white one coming in June, and that I can wait longer for red-black one, but they can't guarantee they will get it any time soon. After two weeks of waiting for any news, I decided to get the white one in the end. I will probably fit black roof straight away because I really like how the two-tone combination looks on Vitara.

It seems that since Vitara is much cheaper here than in the rest of Europe (around 20k euros for 4wd S model, and we get even cheaper 2wd S model, which as far as I know is not available in GB or Italy), we don't get to chose colour, we only get to chose what is left after bigger markets get their orders.

No matter, I will love it anyway Smile Around 80 days wait till delivery, and I'm already going nuts with impatience. How did you guys handle the waiting? Smile

Defke

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:45 pm

RichK wrote:Had a phone call today to say our Vitara is on the next batch in, possibly Monday. They need a few days they say to prep and fit extras so hopefully end of next week Very Happy Very Happy

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your Vitara very soon Rich thumbl

Defke wrote:Hi all, soon to be owner of Vitara S from Serbia here.
........... How did you guys handle the waiting? Smile

Welcome to the Forum Defke cheers

Great to hear about the delivery system in Serbia also the price difference and 2WD option on the S model, as for waiting hopefully visiting this forum on a regular basis and checking out other members Vitara's will help pass the time

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:15 pm

Well, cars arrived but they are awaiting the arm rest and rear spoiler, poss coming today but they are unsure if spolier comes painted. If not could be up to a week while they get it into a body shop. If it is painted hopefully Thursday hand over Very Happy

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:56 pm

If ordered correctly it will come pre painted Rich

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:55 pm

Having delivery issues also. Ordered in Feb and told by the dealership that the car would be available from 12 Mar, that's the main reason I ordered with them. Told last Thu that the car arrived in the UK on Wed 16 and that I should expect delivery by 26 Mar as planned. Told today that the car has not been delivered yet and the pick up date will not be 26 Mar as planned. I find this really poor service and intend kicking up a stink. Delaying the pick up until Apr means I now have to pay for another 6 months road tax and then claim it back. I wanted end of Mar delivery so that I didn't have to bother with renewing the road tax. That and the general lethargy of the dealership is making me wonder if I have made a mistake.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:32 pm

Tall bloke wrote:I now have to pay for another 6 months road tax and then claim it back.
A minor clarification - you don;t have to claim the tax back - "Since October 2014 you no longer need to make a direct application for a refund on your vehicle tax . The DVLA will automatically issue a refund when they receive notification from the registered keeper that the vehicle: has been scrapped. has been sold or transferred." quote from findlaw.co.uk
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie on Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:50 am

I had similar issues with possibly having to tax car while waiting on delivery, when I brought this up with the dealership they to their credit offered to take my car and give me a courtesy car till my vitara arrived. As it happened I only had a 3 day wait after road tax ran out.I have to say though a change of sales manager at the dealership led to a marked change in attitude, ended up with courtesy car, free spare wheel, 2 year service plan, full tank of fuel.
They ended up with a car that had depreciated during the 4 months my car was delayed Very Happy

Charlie
charlie
charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Getting closer, spoiler fitted but needs a day or so for the bonding I think it was to cure, armrest arrived yet, possibly Tuesday now at the earliest unless I have car and get armrest fitted at a later date but it's a near 50 mile round trip so will wait until it's all together.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next