Delivery delays?

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Delivery delays? - Page 3 Empty Re: Delivery delays?

Post by Geordie Amanda on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:42 am

That looks very nice, it reminds me of someone else's car????? Wink

Geordie Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:37 pm

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing more pictures Smile

You might want to hide the registration plate to discourage cloning  thumbl
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by feckinejiet on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Looks great - congratulations.

Would back up TFD's comment about hiding license plates not just for cloning, was heavily involved in another forum many years ago and we later found out that the manufacturer of that car monitored the forum and chose information they could link to owners to invalidate warranties Shocked

feckinejiet

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:59 pm

Latest from my supplier and Suzuki is that my vehicle will be in the UK "later this week". Apparently clearing Customs and delivery to the dealership is contracted to take 10 days or less. I just hope it isn't Eddie Stobart delivering - they have a very bad reputation on the Mokka forums for delays Rolling Eyes .

Looks like I'll miss the Indian Summer we're having which would have been the ideal temperatures for fitting the side cladding and DRL surrounds Sad.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by feckinejiet on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:15 pm

theforestdweller,

Hope you get your car soon, do you have a garage where you could fit the cladding and DLR surrounds? If not I would gently warm the sides with a hairdryer and keep the pieces inside a warm car until the last minute - but don't lose too much sleep over it - I've fitted pieces many times using the same adhesive tape in the middle of winter and had no problems as long as the door panels are nice and clean. The bumper protector came with a panel wipe - but I would probably get a packet of them to make sure its good and clean before going for it :-)

feckinejiet

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks feckinejiet - Unfortunately, no garage as I'm in a retirement apartment complex and the car is parked at the front and I'm at the back! The hairdyer trick may be feasible if I run an extension lead from the nearest apartment - I shall have to ask  nicely and buy a longer lead though!

I've already armed myself with some Isopropyl Alcohol to finsh off the cleaning of the panels so am as prepared as I can be. Your comments about fitting in Winter are very reassuring though, so once again my Thanks thumbl
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:08 pm

I really thought the delivery delays were sorted, our local dealers in Shrewsbury,Telford and Ludlow have forecourt's full of Vitara's in all sorts of colours including two tone, very few AllGrips I must add but i'm not sure the AllGrip is in such a demand looking at the ones I have seen on the road, Suzuki in Builth Wells however did have more AllGrips than 2wd

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:08 pm

An unsolicited E-Mail from my supplier today who has been trying to ascertain where my car is, given that it should now be in the UK. The word from Suzuki Corporate and Suzuki Customer Services is that the vehicle is "in transit". Given my cynical and distrusting nature, I pointed out (slightly frivolously tongue ) that this could be anywhere between the Hungarian factory gates and the anonymous (to me) UK dealership! I've been promised a further update on Monday Smile .
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:20 pm

It's getting closer ...

Your vehicle is now confirmed as being in the UK, it is due to arrive at the dealership by 14th October.

"One small step for a car, one giant leap in anticipation" (with apologies to Neil Armstrong Embarassed )
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by feckinejiet on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Great news !! Very Happy

Just noticed on the Suzuki website that they are now offering better finance deals on Vitaras (2.8% rather than 4.9% APR) than in previous months so for anyone who has one on order - might be worth asking your dealership for the new deal rather than one they might of prepared before the start of this month !!

feckinejiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Fingers crossed TFD, lets hope the dealers don't take too long with PDI silent

billL wrote:....... Sport mode on a twistly road like Hartside in Northumberland feels like a proper Quattro and definitely not just a gimmick. Petrol engine is lively and sounds great. If anyone wants more info just let me know.

Just hit 500 miles and thought it's time to try the Sport mode, what a great option and such a shame nothing is on the 2wd versions, not only is the 4wd drive distribution changed but also the power delivery/curve, interesting review here....

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t94-is-allgrip-worth-it#295

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:18 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Your vehicle has arrived into stock, and your registration number is .......

The dealer can offer delivery from Wednesday 14th onwards.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Brilliant news....
You now have seven days to memorize your accessory instructions
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:53 pm

It'll take me 7 days to memorise the registration, never mind anything else study
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Im glad im not the only one , my GV has a private registration that I use as my username on many forums and also my email address.................passwords are a whole new ball game tho 8-)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Formalities now completed - ie Supplier has been paid! The vehicle will be delivered to me next Wednesday afternoon bounce .
I'm still trying to work out how this order has been accomplished confused . I deal/dealt with a Leasing and Fleet Sales company who offer discounts to members of the motoring club I belong to. Today I was given the registration of the vehicle which places the supplier in Northampton. However delivery of the vehicle will be by my local dealership half an hour or so away from me in Hereford!

This has the very obvious advantage that this was going to be the dealership I would use for servicing and warranty work anyway. So now I am content to let them install the mudflaps and centre console since they will be very much in range of my ire and expletives if they don't do a 100% satisfactory job Twisted Evil .

The terms of the purchase insist that the vehicle is delivered to me and I cannot collect. However I think a friendly visit to them to touch base regarding future work is most definitely called for in the meantime Wink .
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:45 pm

Stirling have been Suzuki for many years, I have dealt with their parts department which I have to say were excellent, a young lady I was unfortunate to have had dealings with in sales I would hope no longer works there with her attitude and non knowledge

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:39 pm

No more delays - I have my car cheers .

I'll post in a more sutable area with some pictures once I've got the side protection and DRL surrounds fitted tomorrow.

Only done a handful of miles today but first impressions are very favourable. Engine is much quieter than my Mokka. I am very gentle with my vehicles for the first 500 miles, despite being told that modern vehicles don't require running in. However it's already obvious that the 1.6 diesel has a lot more easily available power than the Mokka. Seats are very comfortable, gearbox is slick and easy to use, steering has (for me) just the right feel. SWMBO has also given the thumbs up thumbl, so what more can I ask  Wink.

Oh, and the wheels are as advertised I'm pleased to say. Don't like the ones that have been substituted on the Italian vehicles. Must try and get to grips with the infotainment system now - I think some of the technology is passing me by study.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:54 pm

Great to hear you have the Vitara TFD, even better that your first impressions are good thumbl
Totally agree on taking it easy for the first 5-600miles
Look forward to the pictures and as for the infotainment system I recommend some bedtime reading with one feature a night then test yourself the following morning lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Amanda on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:33 pm

Admin wrote:Im glad im not the only one , my GV has a private registration that I use as my username on many forums and also my email address.................passwords are a whole new ball game tho 8-)

Your registration plate is ADMIN !!? Wink

Geordie Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Luckily not , they tend to get funny when I join a forum as a newbie and suddenly decide i'm the Admin Smile

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:59 am

Question for someone who has had delivery, do the steering wheel controls and door cap switches illuminate at night ? Is my biggest bug bear on my current GV

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:17 am

What year GV do you have Rich?

My 2012 GV SZ5 has illuminated Cruise and Audio buttons on the steering wheel yet my father in laws 2007 Xec has no illumination, neither have illuminated window controls

The new Vitara has illuminated Cruise/Audio and Windows, it also has a glovebox light and footwell lighting when you open the door or switch the ignition off

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:05 am

Mines the same as your f-I-laws 2007 X-EC you do remember where they are after a while but does seem an oversight though.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Does anybody know what the current situation is with turnaround time?

I'm considering purchasing the Vitara S with auto but I'm not really in a position to wait four months like some of the horror stories earlier in this thread.

Any recent buyers that can report in?

(PS: apologies if bumping isn't permitted)
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next