Delivery delays?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Delivery delays? - Page 2 Empty Re: Delivery delays?

Post by Admin on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:33 am

Just had an answer phone message to say my Vitara has been released and en route to the dealers.....typically a week too late as I'm currently in Italy on the road trip I had planned for it ☹

I was half expecting the message to say it had been delayed due to the Hungarian immigrant crisis
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm pleased to hear you've got some positive news regarding delivery Smile . Hopefully mine will be in the same batch. I'm currently waiting for news from my Supplier, but Suzuki aren't talking to them, and I've contacted Suzuki Customer Services for the third time regarding the complete lack of response from their Fleet Sales team who are supposed to be responding directly to me with an explanation for their abysmal service Mad.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by feckinejiet on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Hate to upset people but I only ordered my Vitara on the 1st August (it wasn't dealer stock but assume Suzuki GB stock) and I took delivery of it last weekend - is there some specific combination of spec/colours causing the delays?

feckinejiet

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi feckinejiet - I think you've probably answered your own question - your vehicle was (luckily) available from stock.

Mine is nothing out of the ordinary, a 1.6 DDiS SZ5 ALLGRIP in Atlantic Turquoise Pearl Metallic with Cosmic Black Pearl Metallic roof.

My third attempt at seeking information from Suzuki elicited a 'phone call from Customer Services saying they would yet again request their Fleet Sales team for information, and that I would be contacted further today with information - Guess what - Nil, Nothing, Zero, Naught Mad bounce pale No Rolling Eyes 

Is there a profanity filter on the website I wonder as I have a few expletives I would like to use   Shocked
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by feckinejiet on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi theforestdweller,

Sorry your having so many problems getting your car - I was obviously lucky in getting a fairly generic spec (i.e. SZ-T in white) but its bad that Suzuki cant give you a definitive answer as to where in the process your car is :-(

Fingers crossed you get an answer soon, as the Vitara is proving to be a surprisingly good car.

feckinejiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Same with my partners sister, 1 month for a Black SZ5 Urban 2WD, the issue seems to be with orders for AllGrip models with Two tone paint

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:43 am

My supplier has E-Mailed me to say that Suzuki GB have informed them that arrival in the UK is still scheduled for mid - late September. This is the first update where the delivery timescale has not slipped!

Still nothing directly from Suzuki GB to after my three requests for an explanation regarding the 3 month plus delay after initially saying delivery would be 4 weeks.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:13 pm

You should contact SGB and send them a link to the forum showing all the Italian allgrips in stock and how wrong their predicted sales were, glad to hear no further delays tho

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Well Suzuki customer services have left an answer message while I have been away and they say my car will be delivered on the 23rd of September yet my dealers have said sooner?? I'm not holding my breath either way
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:15 pm

The 23rd September date gels with my "mid-late September" delivery estimate, so let's hope Smile .
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Amanda on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:02 am

As an owner of one of the first two tone SZ5 DDIS All grips, I can say the wait is worth it. I also have an M135i and yet I drive the Vitara as much as the BMW. It's a great little car and the economy is insane. I drive it pretty quickly and often in Sport mode and yet I can't get the mpg below 50mpg no matter how hard I try. it is pretty easy to exceed 60mpg. 4,000 miles in and no faults to relate. Super comfy too which is a bit of an unexpected bonus.

Geordie Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 am

Thanks for the update on your Vitara and great to hear it is proving to be a pleasure to drive, feedback like this is a bonus for us still waiting

I guess with winter approaching you will be using the Vitara even more than the BMW, did you have any further thoughts on winter tyres, I had some 16" alloys arrive yesterday in preparation for winter rubber with the oe Conti's not being m&s or snowflake rated....

Delivery delays? - Page 2 Alloy_10

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Great to hear such a positive update Smile , but it makes the waiting even harder Sad .
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Amanda on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:13 pm

I'm still mulling over my Winter tyre options. I've used Vredesteins for the last 6 winters, but wondered about Nokian, Michelin or Conti's this time.

Geordie Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:31 pm

In the Alps last week locals seemed to have already re fit their winter tyres, some brands which I had never seen or heard of
My favorite AT tyre which I have on my Grand Vitara is the Yokohama Geolandar A/T , out there they do a Geolandar I/T popular on 4x4's yet not available in Vitara sizes  Sad ...

http://www.yokohama.co.uk/Tyres/Car-Tyres/SUV-Off-Road-Tyres/(product)/G071

Delivery delays? - Page 2 Img_2410

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:23 pm

Just had a phone call to say my Vitara is at the dealers and it will be ready to collect Tuesday bounce

Lets hope others waiting get the phone call soon thumbl

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Congratulations thumbl  (says he through gritted teeth Wink). Seems an appropriate time for me to pester my supplier once again. Look forward to seeing your first impressions in due course.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by feckinejiet on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:50 pm

Funnily enough my daily driver is a BMW 135i as well and whilst obviously much quicker than the Vitara - its actually not as nice to drive.

Good news to hear its nearly here !!

feckinejiet

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Latest update from my supplier. Reasonably positive, although previously the vehicle was due to arrive "mid to late" September - I appear to have lost the "mid"  Sad.

"I have just had an answer from Suzuki, your vehicle is still due to arrive in the UK end of September, the transport company then have 10 days to get it through customs and get it to the dealership. We will then be given the registration and be able to book a delivery with you. As it stands we are still looking at October delivery"

Now that the delivery date seems to be in sight, I'm becoming used to the waiting. My real concern now is the weather - I have side cladding and DRL surrounds to attach and the weather won't be in the advised 18 - 35 degree celsius temperature range for (presumably) the sticky tape to adhere properly. Does anyone have any experience in fitting similar?
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Great news on a delivery date In sight, just seen two Blue AllGrips at Shrewsbury dealers, one solid blue the other with a black roof, having seen them I would have thought yours would be this month rather than October

I have fitted the large (read heavy) door protector mouldings to 3 Grand Vitara's and a Jimny in not perfect temperatures without any issues, I did however pre heat the door panel with a hair dryer prior to installing them, my only advice would be to measure, measure and measure again as I have seen plenty that could make you sea sick as they go up and down the side of a vehicle
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Admin wrote:... my only advice would be to measure, measure and measure again as I have seen plenty that could make you sea sick as they go up and down the side of a vehicle

Yes, I had side protection as a dealer fit to my iX35, and it jarred with me every time I looked, as the one side had a maybe 5mm greater gap between the doors than the other side. I have a feeling that there will be little bits of masking tape all over the panels with cryptic scribbling on them, marking the perimeters of the mouldings before I dare to expose the glue and fit!
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:10 am

It's true, my car is there, called by the Telford branch today (thought I was collecting from Shrewsbury confused ) and there it was.....  bounce

Delivery delays? - Page 2 Wp_20127

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Amanda on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:39 am

Only a few more sleeps then Smile

Geordie Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:34 am

Haha, it looks exactly the same as yours other than a petrol variant, hopefully will have the wheels and Yokohama AT's sorted next but just reading up on Tyre Pressure Sensors at the moment which are on top of the circa £500 wheels and tyres Rolling Eyes

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:17 am

Here it is, will get some better pictures tomorrow, was too busy getting out in it after such a wait bounce

Delivery delays? - Page 2 Wp_20142

Karl

Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next