Delivery delays?

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Delivery delays? - Page 5 Empty Re: Delivery delays?

Post by Tall bloke on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:44 am

Evil or Very Mad Told yesterday that my S has been in the UK for 2 weeks but they can't tell me when it will be delivered to the dealership. Funny that as the dealership called me last Mon telling me their system had flagged delivery of my car and they were expecting it anytime soon. It is a white Auto which seems to be part of the issue as they are popular. This is the first time we have bought a new Suzuki and unless things improve it will be the last time. Sleep
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Looks like one way or another now picking car up sometime next week. Have left it with them as armrest on order and they have been let down with it arriving. Now they say they are on back order from Germany confused so if not in early next week I will take delivery and have to go back in when it does arrive.
Did try to get the car registered for April as not to loose a months tax but they say I had to pay for the car and be registered by end of March for my deal and px price to stand.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:19 pm

Sounds a bit tight with them being at fault not having the parts available, who are you dealing with Rich?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:52 pm

They are def being tight, my dealers took my px off me and gave me a courtesy car so i didn't have to tax it, my px price was honoured even though my car was 3 months late.
charlie
charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:17 pm

Still no car. Told yesterday that the car should be delivered to the dealership by 14 Apr and I should then be able to collect 3 or 4 days after that. Frustrated as the dealership told me 2 weeks ago that their system had informed them that the car would be delivered shortly. I have ordered an armrest which they have to order once they know the car is in bound, not overly confident that they will get it and fit it in time to meet their own timeline. But we will wait and see.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:06 am

Admin wrote:Sounds a bit tight with them being at fault not having the parts available, who are you dealing with Rich?

Karl

St Peters at Worcester, I could have taken the car last week but things going on at home with a new kitchen the spacious GV has been used as a tip run load lugger (don't want to get the new car messy yet Laughing ) so though I would leave it until armrest fitted but will now pick up this week whatever. Still got a months tax on the GV.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:59 am

Well I have had the V5c come in the post, just need the car now Smile they did say I would have a small choice of registration numbers but that didn't happen. Picking the car up Thursday morning regardless.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:48 am

I think it was Jack who we dealt with at ST Peters when we purchased the Jimny who was excellent but the service and workshops could not have been more useless, upon collecting the Jimny the tire pressure light was on, initially I though new car give it 5-10miles to calibrate.....no joy so I called at a garage and found tyre pressures were nearly twice what they should be or what had been put in in Japan for transportation
I complained on the Monday that the tyre pressures were incorrect, the young lady then proceeded to tell me that the car had been pdi'd several weeks before hence the incorrect tyre pressures, I then explained I could understand the tyres loosing pressure but not doubling the psi?
I then asked if there was anything else I should check that they may have not pdi'd if tyre pressures were too complicated for them???
12+ months on and not once have they called to have the initial service or 12 month service so good luck with them Rich

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:06 am

I had the self same issue when we bought our Toyota. Tyres way over pressure but no TPMS so it was only when I noticed some strange cornering behaviour that I checked them and they were at max pressure for the tyre. I then checked the documentation and the PDI sheet had not been completed. I found a few other things and am convinced that it was never done. That dealer went bust or lost their Toyota franchise about 6 months later which is no great loss.
So there are rogue main stealers for all marques I reckon.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:18 am

It's Jack who I am dealing with. He has been good, regular phone call updates and apologies for the arm rest delay. My only dealing with them was when I bought the GV, not from them, I only had one key, think it took me four round trips to eventually get a second programmed right. After the 3 year warranty I had the GV serviced by a very good local garage but will get the new car done at St Peters so hopefully will be ok Neutral

Last edited by RichK on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : >)

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Well...picked car up today Very Happy  armrest came in and fitted, VERY impressed indeed, will get some photos up soon but weather bad at moment.
Was surprised they gave me also free 3 years Gap insurance and treated car to some interior and exterior treatment, bit like Superguard with a free valet kit.
Car does have four cargo net points, no jack but a towing eye and a brace,  and was surprised to see a black grille thought it was going to be chrome but black does look better. They also said it's only one year AA roadside but if I have it serviced at their garage they give you another "free" years AA. Just got to read the thick manual now Smile

As a bonus the load liner which I kept from the outgoing GV fit the new Vitara near perfectly on top level and bottom level with the side panels thingys taken off.

Edit, just had a look at the brochure and the SZ5 does have a black grille, I had it in my mind it was chrome

Last edited by RichK on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : >)

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:41 pm

So car handed over today at last. VITARA S Auto. Only a 5 week delay which the dealer told me was down to Suzuki wanting to upgrade the rear suspension bolts following a recall notice. The dealership had fitted the centre arm rest which finishes the inside off nicely. The Auto box is nice and smooth and the car feels like it has a much bigger power unit under the bonnet than the 1.4. Had a wee play in sport mode and wow, what a difference. Ride was a bit stiff on the way home on our bumpy country roads so I checked the type pressures on the TPMS. L/H/F at 39 all others at 38 when the book says 33 all around for comfort. Have seen garages inflate to the higher pressure in the past so that's what made me check, no problem will drop all and see how we go. No shopping bag hooks, tie downs in the boot. The holes are in the carpet but nothing underneath them. Also ordered rubber mats but found the carpet ones fitted. Dealer will replace at the initial check and I will also ask for the tie downs to be fitted.
All in all very happy teddy. The last time we had a vitara was about 10 years ago and lots has changed since then.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Well it looks like I will be resurrecting this thread, it would appear nothing much has changes at Suzuki, I ordered and paid deposit on our Red/Black SZ5 Allgrip DDIS on April 13 with estimated delivery on July 25, phone call today from dealer who was very apologetic although it was not any fault of theirs and the delivery date is now estimated for September 3rd (I just hope the date is not an omen!!) they suggested I fire of a rocket in the direction of Suzuki customer service, probably will not make a scrap of difference but may make me feel better, and guess when the tax is due on current Vitara, September 1st !!
I suppose Suzuki will say they are victims of their own success , but it will give me a chance to tell them what I think of the ridiculous price of the centre armrest.
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:36 pm

Suzuki offered me the first payable sevice as compensation, I replied this was of no use as the service was in my purchase deal, they then offered £250 accessories voucher which i said was very generous of them but did not cover the arm rest and deluxe mat kit I was planning to purchase, within 24hoirs I had a letter saying they would cover both items as a good will gesture for my delay of Vitara delivery

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:00 am

Suzuki are known to compensate. When the Celerio had its brake pedal issues, 3 year service plans were handed out to customers
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:34 pm

My wait is over at last, car turned up at dealership on Thursday so will take delivery on the 1st of September, be able to get the avatar up next!
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Patience rewarded at last, collected the car today and delighted, engine is a bit vocal at low revs as I`m keeping the loads light for the first few hundred miles although seems quieter as the revs rise, feels great on the road so now able to update my profile at last, also got something to fit Gargreen`s badge to !!
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Yay! About time
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:33 pm

I find my engine very vocal at low gears which I don't like but when I get going its a very quite gem.one reviewer said he liked the throaty sound in low gear I am afraid I do not.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5