Dirty rear!

Go down

Dirty rear! Empty Dirty rear!

Post by Rumik on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:51 pm

In the current wet and mucky road conditions the back of my 1.4S quickly gets filthy. Has anyone fitted rear mudflaps and noticed any improvement in rear cleanliness?

Mike
Rumik
Rumik

Back to top Go down

Dirty rear! Empty Re: Dirty rear!

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Like yourself the roads here in Shropshire are mud baths, the local farmers must have shares in screenwash the amount we are getting through Shocked

I fitted the flexible mudflaps to my Vitara from new so I cant say how much difference they have made but looking at the amount of mud they collect they must be doing some good?

Does your S have a rear spoiler as standard? Be interesting to see how the spoiler helps,

This is solid Ice on a Vitara without a rear spoiler I drove last year....

Dirty rear! Icelan10

On previous Grand Vitara's I have fitted EGR rear dust guards which were a no drill 3m tape fitting and improved the rear window cleanliness no end but unfortunately not available yet for our Vitara's

I say yet as with enough enquiries they may well produce one, I have just noticed EGR showing o/e Vitara equipment on their website so new products could already be in the pipeline?

http://www.egrgroup.com/auto_accessories.html

Dirty rear! Oem_210

Dirty rear! Oem_310

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumik on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:14 am

[quote="Admin"]
Does your S have a rear spoiler as standard? Be interesting to see how the spoiler helps,

I suspect that the problem with getting a dirty back end is largely aerodynamic and that mud flaps - though they keep gross mud off the rear corners - do little to help. The spoiler on my 1.4S seems to be simply an ornament as far as I can tell. Surprised

Thanks for your contribution though.

Mike
Rumik
Rumik

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:22 am

I fitted the mudguards, had a clean rear window the other day, and drove off on wet roads from rain several hours previous in the sunshine. It was clearly evident to me with the sun on the rear of the car that the rear window was getting peppered with spray coming up from my passage on the wet road. I can't say how much the mudguards are working as I fitted them very soon after delivery.

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:55 am

Grabbed this photo yesterday to show how much mud the mudflaps do catch....

Dirty rear! Wp_20128

I did consider the moulded/solid mud flaps but decided against them due to the lack of ground clearance

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down