Delivery delays?

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Delivery delays? Empty Delivery delays?

Post by theforestdweller on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Today, 5th August, I received an expected 'phone call as this was the quoted date for the arrival at the dealership of my new car .................. I should be so lucky Evil or Very Mad .

Car ordered mid June - expected delivery 4 weeks.

End of June advised that delivery had slipped to mid - end July.

Mid July advised that vehicle expected at dealership on 5th August.

End July advised that delivery might slip into September.

5th August - Advised that Suzuki had problems with ordering system. Cars expected to arrive in Dearerships throughout the country did not arrive - Why? - they have not even been ordered yet due to problems with Suzuki computer system Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad  Delivery now anticipated in October Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

This is the unhappy saga as relayed to me by my supplier. Has anyone else had this tale of woe relayed to them? If I hadn't already purchased side protection mouldings, front DRL mouldings and carpet mats, all sitting at home waiting for the new car I would be cancelling my order.

I now have to wait until next Tuesday for the supplying companys management to be available to ascertain whether my PX valuation can be extended for (maybe) another 2 months.

Grrrrrrrrrr !!!
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Delivery delays? Empty Re: Delivery delays?

Post by RichK on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:36 pm

Not good enough is it, on my travels popped into a dealership to enquire about the arrival of the autos. Salesman said two autos on order for customers expected in this week but he said he wasn't holding his breath as he was informed they will be delayed releasing them.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:20 pm

I ordered my SZ5 Allgrip May 1st (bad move as the free Rugged/Urban pack ended the day befrore Embarassed ) I wasn't given a delivery date other than they would let me know. A few days later I got a phone call saying as I had orderd the Grey with Black roof plus Rugged pack it would be the end of July/beginning of August or I could have a single Grey the next day but without the Rugged Pack
I opted to wait for the Grey/Black combo and I have been told it may be here on the 10th of August Question

In the meantime my other half's sister has ordered a Black SZ5 Urban pack 2WD and within a month it is ready to collect confused

Another addition to the confusion is that my local dealers (whose receptionist told me they have had no new Vitara's delivered) has since over the last two weeks had delivered 10 Vitara's which were on their forecourt/showroom as of last night....

Delivery delays? Wp_20147

Delivery delays? Wp_20148

Delivery delays? Wp_20149

Delivery delays? Wp_20150

Delivery delays? Wp_20151

Lets see what they have to say on Monday as I have a trip planned to Livigno Italy at the end of August, altho I have the GV 2.4 or the new Jimny it would be nice to have the economy of the new Vitara

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:40 am

Well I called the dealers at 4.30pm to see if the Vitara had arrived and as expected the answer was no Crying or Very sad The guy I'm dealing with at the dealers is now saying end of August but he will contact me if he hears anything sooner as he knows I plan to go away in it end of the month

To tie in with this I also saw a bulletin yesterday at another dealers saying Suzuki GB had ordered 350 Vitara's from Hungary that are due to arrive end of August but I'm not holding my breath
Will also be emailing Suzuki GB's Customer Service, not sure what they are like as I've never had to use them before

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:13 pm

I'm glad I'm not alone in this sorry saga Sad. It's a pity there aren't more members here yet so we could get a more comprehensive picture of what is going on. I'm expecting a phone call today to tell me if my PX valuation is still going to hold until delivery. Having checked on the same 4 sites I used when I initially valued my PX then my Mokka has dropped £500 since mid June. I shall be expecting someone other than myself to cover this reduction Exclamation.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Like you say it is a shame the forum is new and not enough members to get an overall picture , typically I also run a Suzuki motorcycle forum with over 6250 members and Suzuki GB are well aware of that site yet there are not enough of us here to jump up and down

I have just sent an email to Suzuki GB asking if they can give me a definite delivery date, may be worth a go.......

http://www.suzuki.co.uk/cars/about/contact-us/customer-service/get-in-touch

Like yourself I have a load of accessories ready but no new vehicle.........it is a bit embarrassing sat on the sofa with my feet on my new Vitara carpet mat set, with silver logo & stitching Rolling Eyes

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:14 pm

I have been lucky - the third party I'm buying through have agreed to honour the part exchange value they quoted me in June (which was a reasonable trade price) all the way through to delivery of the vehicle - hopefully sometime in October!

PM sent to "Admin" with a copy of the complaint I've sent to Suzuki! Not posted here because i think some details should not be made public - yet!
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Admin wrote:Like yourself I have a load of accessories ready but no new vehicle.........it is a bit embarrassing sat on the sofa with my feet on my new Vitara carpet mat set, with silver logo & stitching Rolling Eyes

Karl
My mats are under the bed, the side mouldings and DRL surrounds (as with rugged pack, but didn't want/like the replacement undertrays) are behind the settee and the spacesaver (I finally bought the last of the 4 we were looking at on E-Bay) is in the airing cupboard - storage space in a retirement apartment is not great!

The fitting instructions for the external mouldings state that acclimatisation and fitting should be at at an ambient temperature of 18 Celsius or greater - how the hell to I  find a day like that sometime in October, the latest delayed delivery date.

Suzuki do not impress me! Grrrrrrrrrr !!!
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:51 am

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:52 pm

A lively forum! My mind ran riot when I read of car being delivered without clock in dash - "to be fitted later". I envisaged a Vitara being pushed into the showroom with the assurance that the engine would be along later Laughing. It does seem that Suzuki have not read the market correctly and been taken by surprise. However that is not an excuse for their failure to place an order with the factory which is what (allegedly) happened with the order my supplier sent in.

I'm going to read the rest of that forum in slower time - thanks for the link Smile.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:03 pm

Haha! I think I read it as the optional kanji clock had not been fitted, another complains of the spoiler not having turned up as we all know downforce is a major requirement of a 4x4 8-)

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Delivery delays? Empty CLOSE BUT NO BANANA 8-(

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:15 am

While collecting some parts at my local dealers for my partners Jimny this week

It's Black over Grey.........

Delivery delays? Wp_20155

It's an SZ5........

Delivery delays? Wp_20156

It's 2WD Sad .......

Delivery delays? Wp_20157

My dealers informed me my car could be with me for the end of August but I then called Suzuki GB who said good news, my car is built, bad news it is still in Hungary and wont be here until September which after postponing my holiday twice awaiting delivery of the Vitara now leaves me without a suitable car to go to Italy in at the end of August, Suzuki's Customer services said they will be getting back to me regarding perhaps a loan vehicle? I was also told some sort of compensation would be given when the Vitara is eventually delivered?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:28 pm

A sorry saga indeed Crying or Very sad. I've asked my supplier to check on my order given the information you've posted. It's so frustrating having to deal through a third party rather than directly with the perpetrators of our woes as you are doing!

Glad to see a new post in here - I was feeling very lonely Exclamation
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Ring Suzuki direct, explain we have a forum etc and ask who you are speaking to and ask for a call back to update to keep you informed

I am trying to promote the forum, altho I despise facebook I have set one up for the forum not so much to post anything but more to promote this site

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:33 pm

We have things in common - No car and we dislike facebook!

I've just called Suzuki. They've taken my details, and noted that I have not received any acknowledgement of my written complaint. Customer Services(?) are liaising with their Fleet Sales department and have promised to call me next week regarding the situation once they've found my order. Apparently the order number that I have from my supplier which is supposedly carried through to Suzuki - isn't!

I just hope the car is worth waiting for. I was pleased to note yesterday that Autoexpress in comparing the Vitara with the Ssangyong Tivoli, put the Vitara in first place. The Tivoli was in fact my much anticipated first choice, but it failed my test drive.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ssangyong/tivoli/92553/ssangyong-tivoli-vs-suzuki-vitara
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:45 pm

My partners sister is raving about her SZ5 2wd she collected last weekend, she previously had a 3 year old 1 series BMW and says the BMW was very dated in comparison and she is looking at roughly half the fuel consumption in the last weeks driving?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billL on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Sorry to read about delayed deliveries for several buyers. I have had my Vitara for 2 months and took a showroom/stock car from my local Suzuki/Kia dealer. I really wanted an SZ5 petrol Allgrip in white but was trading in 2 cars (Kia and Suzuki!) and had holidays looming so didn't want a protracted delivery date. The car I bought is an SZ5 petrol Allgrip in Turquoise/Black with Urban pack - a bit more expensive than I planned but they gave me a decent deal! Sounds like if I had gone for the delivery date of the car I originally wanted I could still be waiting.

All I can offer is to hang on in there....it will be worth it. The new Vitara is great. I have only done 2500 miles but just love it. MPG 48 average so far and improving. Steering/handling really great. Sport mode on a twistly road like Hartside in Northumberland feels like a proper Quattro and definitely not just a gimmick. Petrol engine is lively and sounds great. If anyone wants more info just let me know.

billL

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Great to hear from someone who has real life experience of the car. Mine will be a diesel, but same as yours otherwise, including the colour but minus the "pack". I didn't like elements of either of them, so just bought the bits that I liked - just need the car now.

It appears that delays or at least rationing is now in vogue. I read today that Australia is going to be restricted to 300 vehicles per month for the forseeable future until Hungarian production ramps up. At least that means the production line has to be changed over to RHD cars once in a while, so maybe mine will get built soon. Still waiting for Suzuki to come back to me with their list of excuses for delivery delays Rolling Eyes .
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:54 pm

BillL welcome to the Forum cheers

Thank you for a great unbiased review of your new Vitara, I think you made a wise choice taking the Turquoise/Black option, I am beginning to think I should have taken the Grey one I was offered instead of the Grey/Black I have ordered especially as today I have realised as well as my deposit two monthly payments have been taken and I don't even have the car affraid

I look forward to seeing some pictures of your Vitara out and about  camera

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Suzuki Customer Services responded Shocked , but only to say that the hunt for my order and delivery date has been passed to the "Corporate Sales Team" who will contact me when they have any information regarding my order.

Perhaps I'm being too simplistic, but how hard is it to type an order number in and read the results Rolling Eyes .

Suzuki are still not on  my Christmas card list santa
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Well eventually my local..ish dealer got delivery of an auto to have a test drive. To say I was underwhelmed is an understatement. Even though it is a six speed box it seemed to be hunting for the right gear and same as my current 2.0 auto slightest incline and it dropped 2 gears. Wasn't over impressed with the interior either so for us it looks like a no go.
Top of our list at the moment is the Mazda CX5 which on a test drive of an auto was superb, hardly felt the box shift, prob due to the larger engine and felt better quality all round. Shame after the long wait.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Shame to hear you didn't enjoy the auto box, like you say it could well be down to the bigger engine and the Mazda diesel having more torque

What spec CX5 are you looking at?
Comparing top spec models a 1.6 SZ5 ALLGRIP Auto + Rugged at £22,399 and a Mazda CX-5 SKYACTIV-D Diesel, AWD Automatic at £30,595 you would expect a bit of extra quality for £8k more?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:02 pm

The Vitara is a "B" segment car while the CX-5 is "C" segment, so not comparing like with like in either engine size or physical size. I just wish I could justify moving up to a "C" segment vehicle as there are a number of contenders that would suit me and I could be rid of Suzuki and there appalling attempts at Customer Service.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by feckinejiet on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:30 pm

We looked at the CX3 (probably more of a comparison price wise with the Vitara) and whilst it was noticeably a step up material wise, it was a much smaller car at a slightly higher price. CX5 was a further step away from a Vitara both quality, size and price wise and probably the point I would be looking at Audi Q3's, VW Tiguans, etc as having better auto boxes.

Customer service wise - I had hoped Suzuki would be reasonable but I've had great service from companies I had low expectations of (Ford) and absolutely p*ss poor service from companies I thought better of (BMW)

feckinejiet

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:44 am

Admin wrote:

What spec CX5 are you looking at?
Comparing top spec models a 1.6 SZ5 ALLGRIP Auto + Rugged at £22,399 and a Mazda CX-5 SKYACTIV-D Diesel, AWD Automatic at £30,595 you would expect a bit of extra quality for £8k more?

Karl

I would look at the Sport Nav spec, you can find a nearly new with a few hundred miles for around the £25K mark. I was budgeting £20k plus our car so wouldn't be far of.

We have had Mazda before, albeit a completely different beast in a RX8 but always had great service from the nearest Mazda dealer nearest us. Can't say the same for the Suzuki dealer nearest me, took five attempts to reprogram a new remote fob, something about with their software if it's not done right first time it needs a new chip ordering, or so they told me  Rolling Eyes . Not funny when it's a 50 mile round trip every time. Needed a new rear screen under warranty, took four attempts and even then it came very dark tinted when the rest of the glass is light tinted but went with it anyway. Needless to say when it got out of it's three year warranty I had it serviced by a friend who owns a good local independent garage.

And as a bonus the load liner from my outgoing/gone GV fits the new car near perfectly top level and bottom level with the little side thingy panels taken off Very Happy

Edit, just had a look in the brochure and the SZ5 does had a black grille, thought someone here mentioned it was an option.

Last edited by RichK on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next