The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro

Go down

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  Empty The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro

Post by Gar Green on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:27 pm

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro soon to be available in the UK.

Available in two colours, Cosmic Black Pearl and Superior White, the Kuro sports the same rugged pack features as the S model along with mud flaps front and rear. Both colours come with a black spoiler and Matt Black alloy wheels formally an option on other models. Other changes also show a Piano Black interior pack, option clock and a rear Kuro Badge.

https://cars.suzuki.co.uk/new-cars/vitara-kuro/vitara-kuro/

In essence its an SZ-T with a bit of trim. There are now 4WD available and the only choice of engine is the M16A 1.6 5 speed petrol.

Kuro translates as Black, So I suppose this is the "Black Edition"

Apologies for the poor photos. There are not many available yet but as soon as they are, I will update.

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  9c3fa210

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  3eb27e10

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  199bb310

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  968b5110

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  06143810
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  Empty Re: The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Shame no Allgrip but I do like the black rear spoiler

Managed to grab these photo's but little else available.....

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  Kuro_110

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  Kuro_210

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  Vitara11

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  Kuro_111

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  Vitara10

The New Suzuki Vitara Kuro  Vitara11

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:51 pm

A Vitara without All Grip is like a fried egg without a yoke !!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:53 pm

i dont need allgrip in sunny southeast.so I am quite happy with my sz-t without allgrip and as I do not go offroad who cares about 4 wheel drive. Razz Surprised

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Alrewas on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Must say like Hicky I am happy with my 4 x 2 sz-t as the biggest item I expect to climb is the kerb parking at the local newsagent. I can only remember snow on half a dozen occasions in 30 years in this area. Having run a Range Rover and a great Sierra 4 x 4 I do not miss the potential extra traction. The main reason for the purchase is ease of access as advancing years make getting in and out of conventional car more difficult. Also I have no need to go off-road.

Alrewas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Allgrip is not just for off-road. Its capabilities do allow it to, but is also designed to adapt to different road conditions and keep the vehicle planted on the road.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:48 am

Suzuki have for a long time made 2WD Vitara's in other parts of the world but the legend has been built on the Vitara (as well as many Suzuki models) being 4WD

I doubt many of us would buy a dog that did not have a bark?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alrewas on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:37 am

Hi Karl, We need to be careful this forum does not go the way of many others by polarizing into who has 4wd and those who do not. The forum should be for the benefit of all members and not have those who have 2wd vehicles seen as second class members. I lived and worked for 15 years in the Middle East and drove many 4wd vehicles and recognize the benefits in the appropriate conditions, however for me the purchase of the Vitara was to enable me to access a vehicle with ease. I have no wish to undertake off road exercises but have no objection to those who do and indeed I enjoy reading and viewing the articles and videos produced. Many people who have dogs I am sure wish at times they did not bark and if you look at total Suzuki production figures I think you will find the total number of vehicles produced world wide have more 2wd than 4wd. By offering 2wd Vitara's Suzuki increase the potential sales numbers by probably 50% and this is in line with what the competition has done so those of us with 2wd vehicles have done it through choice but that should not make us any less eligible to be members or to be the butt of dog or egg jibes.

Alrewas

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:10 pm

ditto above if I bought a dog that did not bark I would love it. Laughing Very Happy

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by georgepana on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:55 pm

its funny... some people say that new vitara is not a vitara because it doesn't have low range...we say its not a vitara if it doesn't have allgrip..! I think its good they have cheaper option with no allgrip but they should have an offroad version... low range offroad tyres different bumper different suspension...

georgepana

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:23 am

Alrewas wrote:Hi Karl, We need to be careful this forum does not go the way of many others........

Evening Alrewas

Thanks for the heads up on running a forum but as well as vivavitara.com I am fortunate to also run suzukivanvan.co.uk quite successfully with over 7000 members that can range from a 17 year old with no motorcycling experience to seasoned motorcyclists with way more experience than I will ever have on two wheels
The forum has been running for over 10 years now and no one is treated any differently should they be riding one of the first 2003 Vanvan's or a brand new 2017 Fuel injected model and the forum has certainly not gone the way of many others
Likewise every member of vivavitara is or will be treated equally no matter if they drive 2WD, 4WD, SZ-T or SZ5 to Boosterjet or even just browsing with the intention of buying a Vitara

Since 1992 I have owned 10 Vitara/Grand Vitara's the only pricing difference for each one being specification/grade/engine etc

Fuel consumption, ride quality, speed or pure luxury is not what the vitara legend/reputation was built on but what vitara's are renowned for worldwide and used to be a no cost standard fitment was 4wd

If you look back through many of my posts I have always said Suzuki should have offered AllGrip on all Vitara's and not just on the top spec models, this I believe would have more likely increased the potential sales numbers as your rural 4wd drive user does not opt for privacy glass, sat nav and leather

Apologies to all if I/we have struck a nerve re 4wd/AllGrip but the posts made by myself are certainly not aimed at individuals but more at Suzuki who after 28+ years has decided to charge for something that was nothing more than standard equipment, I'm sure no one would have complained if the Allgrip was offered as it used to be for free?

I am not a fan but can you imagine the outcry if Land Rover were to have made a Defender 2WD? affraid

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alrewas on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:56 am

Hi Karl, I have no intention in interfering in your running of the forum you do a good job and congratulations on that. I spent many years as an owner of MG,s and saw how various forums and clubs became divided over what constituted a "proper" MG and the acrimony and division it caused.. My intention was to attempt to ensure this does not happen to the currently inclusive Vitara forum. It should be seen as an observation not a criticism. So keep up the good work and let's be grateful we are not all the same. Regards

Alrewas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:58 am

In other news.....THE NEW VITARA KURO....
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:34 pm

Nice, Shame no AllGrip Razz

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:20 pm

just keep up the good work karl.this is an excellent forum I have been on some fishing forums and they did get quite spiteful.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:15 pm

Has it lost cruise control which I though was standard on the SZ-T.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:46 pm

graham04 wrote:Has it lost cruise control which I though was standard on the SZ-T.

No no, still has cruise
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumik on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:29 am

So 'Kuro' means 'black' which means that you can apparently get a white black car!
Rumik
Rumik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down