Auto stop start and general observations.

Go down

Auto stop start and general observations. Empty Auto stop start and general observations.

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:05 pm

Just completed 2000 miles and the auto stop start seems to have developed a mind of it`s own, sometimes it works fine then packs up for a while, just wondering if anyone has noticed anything similar, thought I would check before contacting the dealer as of course on the day it goes in it will be working fine, god knows I`ve spent enough time chasing intermittent faults in the past!

Had the dreaded DPF light come on at 1700 miles and required a 15 mile thrash in third gear to get rid of it, at least my old Grand Vitara had the decency to wait three years before flagging up the DPF light.

I must say I`m very impressed by the sport mode, it certainly picks up it`s feet and no mistake, will be very useful for towing I should think.
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Auto stop start and general observations. Empty Re: Auto stop start and general observations.

Post by RichK on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:28 pm

Mine is a bit like that, sometimes goes off or some times stays on. I now tend to turn it off before every trip as find it a pain in an Auto. If stuck in traffic I always throw it into neutral while waiting to move but with stop/start with an auto you have to keep your foot depressed on the brake pedal all the time else it restarts.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Auto stop start and general observations. Empty Re: Auto stop start and general observations.

Post by Gar Green on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:59 pm

There are certain parameters the system needs to meet before it will engage. In the winter we demand a lot more from the battery than in summer, with lights, wipers, air con and heaters all going at once. If the system thinks it will not be able to restart you whilst keeping all these functions running it simply will not stop at all. That's why it will kick back in early sometimes too.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:09 pm

There are several  reasons for the stop start to seem odd. At least the Suzuki has a button to switch it off if it becomes annoying. You have to work your way through a set of "on screen menu's" on lots of other makes.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Don't forget that it is pressure dependant. I found this out with shoes that have thicker soles and therefore less feel I tended to not hold the brake on so hard hence the stop/start doesn't stop. Press it a bit harder and it does.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down