Parking Sensors and Rear View Camera

Go down

Parking Sensors and Rear View Camera Empty Parking Sensors and Rear View Camera

Post by ilkleyal on Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Hello there

We are considering buying a SZ-T.  My wife is interested in adding both front and rear parking sensors, but wonders if there is a need for the rear ones as the car comes with a rear parking camera.  I'd be interested in anyone's experience.

Also does anyone have any experience of non-Suzuki parking sensors?  Any recommendations, and would fitting these affect the warranty?

ilkleyal

Back to top Go down

Parking Sensors and Rear View Camera Empty Re: Parking Sensors and Rear View Camera

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Parking camera alone is adequate. But the sensors are useful being as you do not have to watch the camera whilst reversing. Non standard sensors would surely effect warranty.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Parking Sensors and Rear View Camera Empty Re: Parking Sensors and Rear View Camera

Post by hicky on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:44 pm

don't think you need the back one my camera is excellent with the lines.i use the wing mirrors most of the time but its handy to have the backup of the rear camera.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:32 pm

All 3 are standard on my S. And I wouldn't be without any of them. If the sensors are retro fitted at the dealer then there will not be an issue with the warranty.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by ilkleyal on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:10 am

Thanks JOHNWALES, hicky and Cargreen for all your comments.

The comment about not having to watch the screen whilst reversing is very valid. Presumably the camera indicates that a space will be big enough when reversing straight in, but sensors would assist while turning into a space. And comments seen elsewhere indicate that judging where the front of the car ends isn't always easy due to the height of the bonnet. So I think sensors will be a good addition.

Now have to decide if better just to get the SZ4 as there appears to be some dissatisfaction with the Sat Nav and phone connectivity. We use Android rather the iPhones. Hoh hum.

Thanks again

ilkleyal

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:22 pm

The Bosch Sat Nav can be very off putting and is best used in conjunction with a mobile Tom Tom or Garmin. Having said that, at times it comes out on top; and when it does well it is a very easy unit to live with.
You are right about the sensors, I look upon them as an aid to the rear view camera. And yes the high bonnet does make entering a parking bay a problem, particularly if you are entering a space that has one in front of it. A good idea to reverse in where you can.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by ilkleyal on Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:26 pm

Decided on the SZ-T with front and rear parking sensors.  Had the car about a week now, and very unhappy with the parking sensors.

First thing is that there is lots of beeping when the engine is first started, which I think is from the parking sensors.  It does settle down eventually, and perhaps this is normal, but certainly annoying.  I have spoken to the dealer's service department, and they have asked me to call in to have the system checked out, which I will do next week.

But the main reason for my unhappiness is that the sensors do not connect to the information display, so there is no visual indication of which sensor is being activated.  Just the beeping.  At a list price of around £550, I would have expected a visual as well as audible warning.  Certainly comparing with non Suzuki sensors, I cannot see how they justify the price.  And there is no indication that the dealer fit sensors will not work in the same way as the factory fit ones.  Nothing in the accessories brochure to indicate the lack of visual warning, and the handbook only says "Parking sensors (if equipped)" on page 3-64 etc.  Again nothing to indicate that is only for factory fitted, and not relevant if a dealer fitted option.

No doubt I should not have assumed that the sensors would be the same as the factory fit.  But it seems to me to be a fairly reasonable assumption.  As far as I can see I would have been better getting a third party sensor set which would at least have had a visual warning, and would probably have been considerably cheaper.

Once I have spoken to the Service Department I'll update this post, but thought it might be useful as a warning for any prospective purchasers.

Merry Christmas to all my readers.

ilkleyal

Back to top Go down

Post by Badfx on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:31 pm

I have factory fitted parking sensors on my Vitara. They don't start beeping when I turn the engine on so I would guess yours are faulty. There is no visual display or at least I have not noticed one.

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:01 pm

I have factory fit parking sensors and they display obstacle detection in the dash display window not the satnav as per page 3-64 along with not very loud bleeping. I agree that even though yours are dealer fit they should behave the same as factory fit after all a dealer wouldn't be installing cheapo ones from Ebay and charging for Suzuki OEM ones would they?

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:22 pm

Like Phil, my factory fitted parking sensors clearly display which quarter is in danger of a scrape. There are several audible warning sounds which blurt out on starting the engine, the most noticeable one being the warning if one of the doors is not correctly closed.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Badfx on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:08 pm

So I checked to see if there is a display when the paring sensors beep and would you believe it there is. Had the car a year and never noticed. It definitely doesn't start beeping for no reason on start up though.

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:50 am

Badfx wrote:....... It definitely doesn't start beeping for no reason on start up though.

+1 here, silent until your actually near to any objects on both front and rear sensors

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down