Rustproofing

Go down

Rustproofing Empty Rustproofing

Post by Paulo56 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:04 pm

I have acquired a new SZ-T 1.6 Vitara Rugged, as I plan to keep it I'm considering getting it professionally Dinitrol/rustproofed. Looking at it I can see the doors have been cavity injected with rust proofer, however does anyone know if the chassis/cavities, wings, sills ect have also been done as well ?
After inspecting underneath/chassis, there has been very little done in the way of surface protection.. I would appreciate any members comments on the standard Suzuki rustproofing and any info if they have had extra rust proofing done themselves.

Cheers.

Paulo56

Back to top Go down

Rustproofing Empty Re: Rustproofing

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:43 am

I believe there is a 10 year rust proofing warranty on Suzuki cars. Is it worth spending a lot of money on the dinitrol process; particularly when you may face the possibility of the warranty being terminated by Suzuki for carrying out a not standard procedure.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulo56 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:33 pm

I have experience of manufactures bodywork warranties and a lot of them are not worth the paper they are written on. As for the Suzuki Vitara it has a 12 year anti perforation warranty but you have to remember its not like the standard 3 year warranty. If you want it to be valid you have to have your car serviced and body work inspected for the full 12 years by a Suzuki dealership. You will void it if you use an independent garage or do the servicing yourself.

I have already contacted Suzuki about how I stand with regards to having it dinitroled. My warranty will only be invalidated if the treatment would be deemed to affect the mechanical side of the warranty. Like I say Im looking to keep the car indefinitely and after the 3 year warranty I will do my own servicing.

Paulo56

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:57 pm

Is the Vitara galvanised ? It seems common these days with new cars.
The warranties are fairly useless, if they find any paintwork damage then its void. Although the fact that they offer 12 years should mean that its not going to fall apart any time soon .

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:37 am

With all its technology, the Vitara could be an expensive car to maintain beyond 12 years. Interesting Paulo your indefinite period; are you looking to keep it into the Classic Age. Good luck to you.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulo56 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:17 am

graham04 wrote:Is the Vitara galvanised ? It seems common these days with new cars.
The warranties are fairly useless, if they find any paintwork damage then its void. Although the fact that they offer 12 years should mean that its not going to fall apart any time soon .

JOHNWALES wrote:With all its technology,  the Vitara could be an expensive car to maintain beyond 12 years.   Interesting Paulo your indefinite period;  are you looking to keep it into the Classic Age.   Good luck to you.

I wish it was galvanised, Top end spec cars such as porsche, Audi, are. I have a Mazda MX5 a great car but the rust protection from Mazda is atrocious and a lot of them are prone to rusting. I have had mine from new and had it dinitroled,as their body work guarantee is meaningless as a few other owners will testify. Now thankfully the Vitara looks like it has had wax injection into the doors and hopefully the sills and chassis ? basically I just want to make sure the whole car is covered, especially the chassis floor exterior as that has had nothing applied.

I don't think it will be expensive to maintain long term compared to German cars, the SZ-T 1.6 is pretty basic, mines not AWD and I don't do any off roading. There are some good all weather tyres now, and I thought for what I need (winter road use ) £500 for a set of (AWT) tyres was cheaper than paying thousands more for AWD. Why I'm wanting to keep it indefinitely for, is because I'm retired and cant keep shelling out for a new car every 3-4 years lol.

Paulo56

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi Paulo, I will be interested to hear how your All season tyres perform. Having previously changed my tyres around for winter and summer use, at a cost of £60 per time, I have decided to leave my standard ones on this winter; and when the time comes to replace buy a set of all season ones.

I used to have a Mazda MX5; the 1.8 with electric roof. I loved it in the summer and it was an exciting car to drive. When I down sized to one car the Mazda had to go, but very reluctantly.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulo56 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:20 am

JOHNWALES wrote:Hi Paulo,    I will be interested to hear how your All season tyres perform.   Having previously changed my tyres around for winter and summer use,  at a cost of £60 per time,  I have decided to leave my standard ones on this winter;  and when the time comes to replace buy a set of all season ones.

I used to have a Mazda MX5;  the 1.8 with electric roof.   I loved it in the summer and it was an exciting car to drive.   When I down sized to one car the Mazda had to go,  but very reluctantly.

Mine has the powered roof as well John, its a 2.0 Sports tech, its been modified by BBR. It has high performance cams, lowered adjustable Koni suspension, under chassis bracing, a full SS sports exhaust and remap. It puts out nearly 210 BHP. I have had it for 5 yrs from new. Only use it during the summer months, that's why I got the Vitara for the winter.  

Hope the Mods don't mind me posting a Mazda on here. Apologies if Im not supposed to.

Rustproofing 18f165c1-17a6-4ff3-a1eb-a0b30596e10f_zpsnqfhof3j

Paulo56

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:23 pm

£50,000 looking sports car for £20k, can't be bad !!!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:56 pm

JOHNWALES wrote:Hi Paulo,    I will be interested to hear how your All season tyres perform.   Having previously changed my tyres around for winter and summer use,  at a cost of £60 per time,  I have decided to leave my standard ones on this winter;  and when the time comes to replace buy a set of all season ones.

I used to have a Mazda MX5;  the 1.8 with electric roof.   I loved it in the summer and it was an exciting car to drive.   When I down sized to one car the Mazda had to go,  but very reluctantly.
We used all seasons tyres on our Scross that we owned prior to getting the Vitara, they were great in the rain and felt very secure on the little snow we had last winter. We will also be fitting all season tyres when we replace the current tyres.

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks Mr. Bloggs very helpful. I have given my winter set to a friend, because I am too mean to fork out £120 per year to do a seasonal change. Probably have a bad winter now; but as I live near the M4 don't anticipate problems. When the Contis wear out will buy All Season, probably the Michelin brand.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum