Hello - delivery times?

Go down

Hello - delivery times? Empty Hello - delivery times?

Post by Rumik on 27th October 2016, 12:38

Hello - my first post.

Ordered a Vitara 1.4 S boosterjet, Pearl white, auto on 30th September under the Caravan Club scheme (which saves a massive 20% on purchase price!!!). It became apparent that the dealer makes nothing much on this deal so is not as enthusiastic as one would expect. The car does count towards their monthly quota and they will get the servicing so they get something for their trouble.

Originally told that delivery was end of October/early November but that this was just a very rough guide. I waited a couple of weeks and then asked for an update and was told that there was no news but that maybe I wanted to cancel the order and get my deposit back. This is when i suspected that the dealer would rather sell this vehicle to someone else!

Anyway, heard today that delivery is forecast for 30 November (with the usual caveats that the dealer cannot guarantee etc. etc.) It seems a long wait (though nothing like some experienced last year) but the price is so good that we're prepared to wait.

Just wondering what sort of delivery times others are being quoted at present?

Mike
Rumik
Rumik

Back to top Go down

Hello - delivery times? Empty Re: Hello - delivery times?

Post by Gar Green on 27th October 2016, 13:26

I bought my boosterjet on launch day. took about 2.5 weeks I think, but being so early on and Suzuki wanting to push the car I wasn't expecting a wait
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on 27th October 2016, 14:06

The delivery times did seem to become more realistic recently but you may have been unlucky as I would imagine Magyar are concentrating on getting the facelift S-cross production out of the factory which was launched in dealers last week. I'm not 100% but the new Ignis may also be of Magyar build so again with its launch due anytime soon production/import may have taken priority
After waiting 6 months for mine I'm sure many will agree it I worth the wait

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on 27th October 2016, 20:34

My local dealer has has three black ones on the fourcourt.
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumik on 17th November 2016, 08:41

Thanks for the responses. Interesting point about the possible Factory production priorities. Grumpy Souter says there are (were) three cars on his local dealer's forecourt. I wonder why Suzuki dealers don't offer to obtain cars from other dealers - I've experienced this when buying cars (not Suzuki) in the past. In my particular case I guess the margin that the dealer is making doesn't allow for additional costs of moving cars around the country.

The good news is that at the moment my car is still on target for being at the dealer on 30th November. I'm starting to get excited!
Rumik
Rumik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rumik on 24th November 2016, 20:39

Just collected my new Vitara - earlier than predicted! Both myself and better half are very pleased with it.
Rumik
Rumik

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on 25th November 2016, 09:01

Rumik wrote:Just collected my new Vitara - earlier than predicted! Both myself and better half are very pleased with it.

Great news. Remember to get some photos posted up.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down