Warning messages

Go down

Warning messages Empty Warning messages

Post by Tall bloke on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:30 pm

Er indoors who must be obeyed was driving the car this morning and had to pull over as the following warnings came up-
Hill hold disabled
Radar brake system requires inspection
EPS light illuminated

She pulled up outside my work and I just switched off and restarted the car , the lights went off. She then carried on her journey and a couple of minutes later the warnings and lights came on again. She then switched off while shopping and then about an hour later on the way home there were no warnings or lights on. I took the car for a quick drive when I got home, but nothing unusual.

We phoned the local dealership who will look at the car on Thu which isn't too bad really.

Has anyone else experienced similar?
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Warning messages Empty Re: Warning messages

Post by Gar Green on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:38 pm

A friend of mine has, well his wife (must be a woman thing). We didn't quite get to the bottom of it but here's my thoughts. Behind the clutch pedal are 2 sensors and for stop start and the other I believe is to do with the RBS though I will have to clarify this. The lady in question used to rest her foot on the clutch whilst driving and being a hydraulic system had a bigger effect than she thought. This in turn could have put the sensors out of tolerance and caused the warning. She's stopped doing it and it hasn't happened since.

This is just an idea rather than an answer to your question mind. Let us know how it goes.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Not sure if it is related as we have the auto. Will let you know once the garage have done their diagnostics.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:12 pm

My radar brake warning system used to trigger for no apparent reason several times a week when I first had the car. It now seems to have settled down; but sometimes you wish we could go back to the days when cars were void of technology

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:46 pm

The car has been in the garage for 2 days now and they have no idea what the fault is. They called to tell me that the car is now starting without depressing the brake pedal which is another fault on top of the ones we reported. The garage were getting in contact with Suzuki for some guidance.
We will have to wait and see what they come up with.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:41 am

Found out what the problem was. I had changed the brake light bulbs to LED ones after one blew and that was the cause. If you are changing the bulbs ensure you do not put LED brake lights bulbs in or the system goes into meltdown.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:43 am

Tall bloke wrote:Found out what the problem was. I had changed the brake light bulbs to LED ones after one blew and that was the cause. If you are changing the bulbs ensure you do not put LED brake lights bulbs in or the system goes into meltdown.

You can get LED bulbs that do not effect canbus wiring. Could possibly try them if you really want LED
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:27 pm

Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks, but once bitten and all that.
Tall bloke