ALL SEASON / 4 SEASON TYRES IN OE SIZES

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ALL SEASON / 4 SEASON TYRES IN OE SIZES - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL SEASON / 4 SEASON TYRES IN OE SIZES

Post by LourensL on 21st August 2019, 17:26

My vredestein have them also (M+S and 3peak)

ALL SEASON / 4 SEASON TYRES IN OE SIZES - Page 2 Screen14
LourensL
LourensL

Back to top Go down

ALL SEASON / 4 SEASON TYRES IN OE SIZES - Page 2 Empty Re: ALL SEASON / 4 SEASON TYRES IN OE SIZES

Post by Petrust on 22nd August 2019, 08:58

Just to clarify matters, Michelin CC are not the only all season tyre to have the snowflake/three peaks symbol; - Continental All Season, Bridgestone 005, Goodyear Vector 4 Season, & Falken Euro All Season all carry this symbol, and there are probably other brands too.
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by windsor on 22nd August 2019, 09:12

I stand corrected, I've also found Yokohama as well.
Perhaps Michelin were the first, a year or two ago and advertised that then.
Glad we've got lots of choice now, as I certainly found the Cross Climate extremely noisy, even though the specs indicate otherwise.
Maybe someone with a Vitara can comment on some of the other winter legal 'summer' tyres in time for the snow. (I live 150m up in the Dales, so ordinary tyres just dont work for most winters)
GK

windsor

Back to top Go down

Post by LourensL on 22nd August 2019, 09:23

I have driven several cars and my Vitara with the Vredestein Quatrac 5. These are quieter than the tires with a V profile

I am very satisfied with these tires, however, they are not the best option in wet weather. But in the snow they are more than good. They are of course not as good as winter tires
I have now switched to the Quatrac Pro. These seem to be better in the rain.

Last edited by LourensL on 22nd August 2019, 09:31; edited 1 time in total
LourensL
LourensL

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on 22nd August 2019, 09:27

Michelin Cross Climate plus like the standard Continentals I found very noisy and also very prone to punctures, I have 4 Cross Climate plus 215/60R16 on steel wheels and I have had to buy 2 new ones due to punctures (Friend also has an SX4 with Cross Climate and said he also found they punctured easily)
I very nearly tried the Yokohama all season tyre on my SX4 I have just purchased but decided to stick with the Yokohama G015 I know works well
Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on 22nd August 2019, 10:58

I have just swapped over from Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance on my Skoda Octavia Scout (haldex Gen4) to Goodyear Vector 4Season Gen2 and they are probably the best tyre I've fitted on my current vehicle.
Quieter, more 'planted' and a lot more give. Unfortunately I don't have a dropped kerb leading to my drive, but the All Season handles it with aplomb. With the other tyres you approached it with a sense of trepidation.
I normally swap over to 16" steel wheels fitted to Nokian WR A3's, but this will be the first time in All Season. It very rarely snows here (but when it does we get hit hard!) But the temperature from October to April barely rises above single figures, hence going for All Season.
When they were fitted in early July, Kwik Fit mobile were doing my size of tyre for £100 fully fitted, (£400 all in) saving me nearly£100 against the next cheapest fitted price. And all without leaving the house!

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2