TPMS TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TPMS TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS Empty TPMS TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:08 am

Fitting aftermarket or winter wheels and tyres will require the fitment of TPMS sensors

TPMS TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS Rdks_s11

The 2015 Vitara TPMS is part# 43139-61M00

Sensor Description: Conti Clamp-in TG1C 433MHz Suzuki

Non oe sensors are available with the following part numbers...

Schrader 66915-67
Schrader 4065
VDO S180052024 / S180052024Z

Fitting Information

Nut Torque                  8Nm
Valve Core Torque   0.25Nm

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

TPMS TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS Empty Re: TPMS TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS

Post by Mesmer on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:08 am

Do you know if the sensors work directly after fitted? Or is some other adaptation required?

Mesmer

Back to top Go down

TPMS TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS Empty Re: TPMS TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR SPECIFICATIONS

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:16 pm

A forum member who is a Suzuki Technician kindly gave me this information....

The tyre pressure learning has an automatic learning procedure built in . the manual rambles on about registering the transmitters with the wake up machine or with the SDT2 then says "using automatic registering procedure . leave the vehicle dormant for 20 minutes then get in and drive above 16mph/25kmph for over 10 minutes this wakes the transmitters up and the unit registers them

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Has anyone used "Autel MX-Sensor 433Mhz" universal programmable TPMS sensors.
Amazon are selling them for £29-99 which is about half the price of the suzuki item
and the same unit supplied by"tpms warehouse"
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:21 am

How does the system know which wheel is which?

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:50 am

Jester wrote:How does the system know which wheel is which?
Google is your friend :-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_TPMS

:-)

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Having bit of an issue with my tyre system. Came on today low pressure to front tyre then two minutes later both front tyres. Pressure is on 32 same as other tyres. Inflated all tyres to 36 but system still flashes low pressure to the front tyres, tyre low light and master fault light flashes. Havn't had any new tyres and car only done 2500 miles. Is this a TPMS malfunction ?

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Might be teaching you to do things with eggs but have you taken it out for a run for a bit after changing pressures - I vaguely recall 10 mins is mentioned in the manual but may be wrong.
Also have you checked what setting it's on comfort,economy etc and therefore what it is expecting?

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:34 pm

This could be a heads up to many members that as the temperatures drop towards winter the tyre pressures will give a different reading to the warmer recent temperatures

As mentioned above you do have to take the vehicle on a run to calibrate the sensors but you also have to stick to the sequence 1:Adjust TPMS preference on dash 2:Adjust tyre pressures 3:Drive to register TPMS settings
Step out of line and the system will tie you in knots!!

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks both, sorted now I hope. re-read the book and comfort mode is 33 psi, all were 32. Put it into ECO mode then inflated them to 40 psi then dropped them back to about 34 and reverting back to comfort mode seems to have cured it. Strange that it was flashing the two fronts as only low. Hardest bit was getting into the TPMS setting menu. Book says hold r/h knob in then turn left/right to select setting. But when you are in TMPS fault mode the display alternates between low pressure warning and tyre pressures doing that only alters the display brightness for some reason. You have to hold knob for about three seconds which puts it back to the normal info display mpg etc but only for a few seconds, release knob then immediately press knob in again to get into the settings menu.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:10 pm

RichK wrote:Thanks both, sorted now I hope. re-read the book and comfort mode is 33 psi, all were 32. Put it into ECO mode then inflated them to 40 psi then dropped them back to about 34 and reverting back to comfort mode seems to have cured it. Strange that it was flashing the two fronts as only low. Hardest bit was getting into the TPMS setting menu. Book says hold r/h knob in then turn left/right to select setting. But when you are in TMPS fault mode the display alternates between low pressure warning and tyre pressures doing that only alters the display brightness for some reason. You have to hold knob for about three seconds which puts it back to the normal info display mpg etc but only for a few seconds, release knob then immediately press knob in again to get into the settings menu.

That's an awful lot of knobs that need playing about with :-)

Glad it's all sorted.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Sure was, only things I lost was all my average mpg data etc whilst keeping the knob pressed in. Been all right today so hopefully sorted.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Well just to cheer you up the law of sod ruled and mine started moaning yesterday. Like yours it was just one wheel. So I thought I'd try the non-faffing route first. Pumped them all up to 33 psi and bingo the warning went away (it's set to comfort mode). Just to make sure I drove about for a while and all was good. Checked the pressures when I got back and all at 35. Checked with a proper analogue gauge and they were indeed all 35. So it seems that it may be possible to just get away with pumping them up.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:43 pm

The TPMS will only flag if the psi drops. Not if there is too much pressure
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by zoresko8 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:45 pm

My experience.
I bought on eBay TPMS sensor tags VDO S180052024 for 25 euros per piece, went to a tire and installed sensors without any particular order, cloning or programming (plug and play). After 2 km from the assembly off the yellow alarm, and after 5 km could be blamed for the pressure of the tire in the menu.
zoresko8
zoresko8

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbo on Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:42 pm

hi RichK

No need to hold both knobs just the one on the right will bring up the menu.

jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:38 pm

Think I might have a faulty sensor in a front wheel. Run tyres at the comfort setting of 33 psi. Three times now on the same wheel the display has flagged up low pressure of 31 psi. On testing with my two gauges I have pressure is fine but I have to raise pressure to 37psi, display shows 33 psi before the warning lights go out. I Know my pressure gauge is ok as it shows the other three tyres at 33 psi. I then drop it down to 33 on my gauge and is all fine for a month or so. Damn annoying that if the display flags a fault it overrides everything on your main info panel until the "fault " is rectified.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:54 pm

Had the TPMS light on the Jimny last few days with the freezing weather (-6 in Shropshire)
Also my friends Lexus NX300H has been retained at the dealership the last 48hrs due to a faulty TPMS sensor
Wonder how the Scandanavians overcome this problem confused

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:40 am

Just seems odd that only going down a couple of pounds which it could well do in this freezing spell wipes out the whole info display with the red fault displayed. Thought it would have been better to flash and highlight the drop then with a button push revert to the low pressure tyre warning light only.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:09 am

Welcome to big brother, the people who suggest these compulsory safety features don't live in the real world and either have a driver or ride a bicycle and live on a diet of lettuce and cabbage!

I seem to recall all the TPMS scandal was caused by a batch of dodgy Firestone tyres and Ford Explorers falling over due to incorrect tyre pressures and your average American not noticing his tyre was falling apart......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-pressure_monitoring_system

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestone_and_Ford_tire_controversy

Karl

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:10 pm

Had my TPMS warning up yesterday. As above must be down to the cold weather and the natural tendency for tyres to lose a little pressure over a period of months. I have the TPMS set at the comfort level and got the warning at 31psi at the front and 29psi rear. Checked with two different gauges and TPMS reading confirmed. Inflated to 35/33, a 5 minute drive and all is well in my Vitara world again Smile
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevetantop on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:39 am

Rather irritating, these over-sensitive sensors!
Silly question: it is presumably ok to go to non-dealers for tyre work? They will be able to deal with sensors?

Stevetantop

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:13 am

Stevetantop wrote:Rather irritating, these over-sensitive sensors!  
Silly question: it is presumably ok to go to non-dealers for tyre work? They will be able to deal with sensors?

Yes but warn them although they should be aware of it. As always it depends on how good the fitter is.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:47 pm

TPMS saved the day today, travelling home from Cornwall system pinged and flashed low pressure of 23psi in rear nearside tyre. Luckily enough was only about a few miles from nearest exit. Thank God I managed to get a spacesaver emergency wheel just after I bought the car. On the painfully slow 50mph 70-80 mile drive home the system was still picking up the sensor from the punctured tyre now in the boot. When it got to 1psi the system then went to TPMS SERVICE. Hoping this reverts back to normal when tyre repaired or replaced. Should be repairable according to the tyre place as a small hole right in centre of tread, but pressure was down to 16psi when I managed to pull over ( wheel/tyre left with them and picking up tomorrow) Handbook says tyres should be replaced by Suzuki service centre ! Certainly not going do a 40 mile round trip every time I need tyres Shocked Was certainly a saver as would have probably ended up on the hard shoulder without it Smile

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:11 pm

glad you got home safe.i bought spacesaver and gear soon after I bought the car.i thought I ordered one with the car but dealer said we just discussed it.the first week I had my captur got a puncture in front nearside called aa and he managed to find a screw in the middle of the tread pumped it up and got me to a garage that repaired it he said he did not want to put that gunge in otherwise some garages wont repair them if that's been used.always had a spare.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next