New Member. vitara S owner

Go down

New Member. vitara S owner Empty New Member. vitara S owner

Post by Tributeeiir on Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:29 am

Hey all,

So i've just ordered myself a vitara S and am waiting kinda patiently to get my hands on the thing. So I thought i'd sign up on a fan forum and see what's what/introduce myself.

My previous car was and is a fiat 500 twin air and as much as i love that car, carting around two dogs in the back and the girlfriend and others in it was getting a bit much.
I've still got it because it's just too much fun to part with but I thought i'd look for something bigger with 4x4.

So i looked around and the suzuki vitara looks like it performs well for a fraction of the price compared to some other models out there. Luckily I'm a member of BASC for shooting and managed to get a sweet 4k off financing so far.

Shooting and the family home in the mountains of italy call for quite a bit of off roading and i'm just wondering if anyone has any experiences with the allgrip?

Hope that wasn't too much death by text.
Thanks!

Tributeeiir

Back to top Go down

New Member. vitara S owner Empty Re: New Member. vitara S owner

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:22 am

Welcome to the Forum Tributeeiir!!

This week I am actually on vacation from England in the Italian/French Alps and I have been using the AllGrip on several of the old Military roads and off on the Via Del Sale later this morning
The Allgrip has worked fine on the trails and only on one occasion (driver error?) have I missed the low range of my Jimny/Grand Vitara and had to select Mud/Snow + Lock on a very tight loose gravel hairpin, I'm sure the altitude at 2400m and thin air did not help either?

Not sure where your family home is in Italy but around Piedmont and Tende they have a lot of Suzuki 4x4 and more new Vitara AllGrips than I have ever seen in the UK, the huge snowfalls and plenty of off road trails may point at they need a vehicle that works and why the Vitara is so popular here?

We had a Fiat 500 as a hire car around Venice and Cortina in Italy earlier this year,mega fun but after the Fiat 500 I think you will find the vitara a pleasure to carry your dogs with far more space, check out the Travall dog guard as although spacious I struggled to find a dog cage that fitted the angle of the vitara's rear hatch

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t318-travall-dog-guard-tdg1504?highlight=travall

Hope you find the forum useful and look forward to your Italian mountain holiday Vitara adventures

Karl

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:20 am

Red Vitara S in Limone Italy yesterday...

New Member. vitara S owner 28754179904_221759ae5f_c_d

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sundodger on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:06 am

Greetings Tributeeiir...Welcome, so much valuable information on here. I have decided on a Vitara & more or less now got it in mind for the spec. colour etc. Certain things changed or confirmed, due to the wealth of advice. Resident in 'Bandit Country' deep south of the Peloponnese in Greece. Dealers have been shut for all of August & so far only got around to seeing vehicle in showroom & agreeing in principle purchase price. Now waiting for dealer to provide me with a test drive before commiting, slowly, slowly then. What are delivery times in Italy at present ?

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributeeiir on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:58 am

Admin wrote:Red Vitara S in Limone Italy yesterday...

New Member. vitara S owner 28754179904_221759ae5f_c_d

Karl

Thanks guys!

I've already put the deposit down on my vitara s.

Because of a few changes i am having tom wait a couple of weeks until it gets delivered. So excited, finding it really hard to sit around knowing that it's only round the corner.

Karl the family home is in the mountains in the region of parma in the north.

Thanks for the link to the dog cage. I'll check out if mine fits before i make the plunge on another.

Tributeeiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributeeiir on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:48 am

sundodger wrote:Greetings Tributeeiir...Welcome, so much valuable information on here. I have decided on a Vitara & more or less now got it in mind for the spec. colour etc. Certain things changed or confirmed, due to the wealth of advice.  Resident in 'Bandit Country' deep south of the Peloponnese in Greece. Dealers have been shut for all of August & so far only got around to seeing vehicle in showroom & agreeing in principle purchase price. Now waiting for dealer to provide me with a test drive before commiting, slowly, slowly then. What are delivery times in Italy at present ?

I live in the UK. They've stated three weeks with the changes i made to the car.

Tributeeiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributeeiir on Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:39 pm

Woohoo, i just got my vitara s and it is really nice.

Tributeeiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:19 am

Glad to hear you are happy with it, you must of had the quickest delivery on the Forum?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:11 am

Tributeeiir wrote:Woohoo, i just got my vitara s and it is really nice.

All we need now is some photos. Get snappy.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Prokopas on Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:15 am

Gargreen wrote:
Tributeeiir wrote:Woohoo, i just got my vitara s and it is really nice.

All we need now is some photos. Get snappy.

thumbl thumbl thumbl
Prokopas
Prokopas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributeeiir on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:12 am

I've only got some by the side of the road. Bit boring in london but in hopefully in the coming weeks i'll get it off road

Tributeeiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:47 pm

Tributeeiir wrote:I've only got some by the side of the road. Bit boring in london but in hopefully in the coming weeks i'll get it off road

Good lad, hope you enjoy it.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down