Remap v/s Tuning box

Go down

Remap v/s Tuning box Empty Remap v/s Tuning box

Post by sundodger on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:37 am

A hotly discussed topic & effectively an ecu remap is the best scenario to increase performance & possibly economy. I have previously had work done by quantum tuning & been very happy. Anyone however had dealings with diesel Vitara's & tuning boxes ? I see a lot of good reports with 'Superchips' & their German made boxes, which are a doddle to fit (And remove) requiring no invasive wiring. As far as I can see however, these just take the ecu output & alter the fuel rail & turbo values ? Superchips are very canny with their tech spec (No surprises there!) Anyone had dealings ? Based on the above, wondering how this method would mess with the DPF ?

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Remap v/s Tuning box Empty Re: Remap v/s Tuning box

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:48 pm

No experience on either but if we are talking to use on a new vehicle i would go with the tuning box as it can be easily removed should there be any warranty issues

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:22 pm

A friend of mine hdad a tuning box on his DDIS. He raved about it. It was just recently sold on as he changed vehicles. I drove the car with and without the box and a big difference was noticed.

No problems in the 7odd thousand miles that it was on the car.

https://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_van_diesel_tuning_boxes/suzuki/grand_vitara__vitara/16_ddis_118_bhp__120_ps__88_kw/suzuki_grand_vitara_16_ddis_118_bhp_120_ps_88_kw_crtd2_twin_channel_diesel_tuning_box_chip_P10110.html
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by sundodger on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:46 pm

Thanks Gar... Interesting torque increase. Not really bothered about top speed on a vehicle such as this, but multiple channel boxes do seem a simple option. I have also been looking at a similar set up using a 64 ghz processor & combined with programmable boost control, mode, power setting & activation time on start up, seems a decent way to obtain viable increase in low end & mid range power.

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:41 pm

I fitted a box to my 150bhp 1.9 cdti Astra and turned a fast car into a rocket ship with better fuel consumption. Also fitted one to my 2005 Grand Vitara, did not have the same immediate wow factor but did give a slightly better mpg and a more pleasant driving experience with an increased mid range. A word of warning these chips normally increase the common rail fuel pressure, too much and you will blow the injector seals, ouch , stay within the recommended settings .

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by sundodger on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:09 pm

Yeah I think that goes without saying Graham...The set up I have so far explored, states that manufacturers parameters are never exceeded. Good to get first hand details from a user of the boxes - Thanks.

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down