Two tone metallic V Sunroof ?

Go down

Two tone metallic  V  Sunroof ? Empty Two tone metallic V Sunroof ?

Post by sundodger on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi guys, as I am only at the stage of having made up my mind to purchase a Vitara & visited dealers to have a good poke around, I'm wondering if perhaps some thoughts could be shared ?
The vehicles available to me , were the GLX allgrip, both diesel, which is my preference , one in white, which is the only non extra option & the other in turquoise , which I thought looks right, especially when paired with the two tone option of the black roof.
Now then...I would also like the sun roof, which over here in Greece, is a stand alone option at about 900 euros.
Would anyone with a fitted sunroof care to advise ie....Is the passenger height compromised as reported in various media & are there any noted other problems associated with the roof ?
The vehicles I have so far been able to check have not had a sun roof fitted.
Also, in order to avoid run away costs, it may be necessary to limit my option to either the two tone metallic , or the sun roof. Or maybe just going for the solid white & s/roof ? I know the decision is mine, but any thoughts ? ....

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Two tone metallic  V  Sunroof ? Empty Re: Two tone metallic V Sunroof ?

Post by maddog66 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:17 pm

I didn't go for the panoramic sunroof because as 6ft 1 and with the seat in the lowest position, i could catch my head on the inner linning... If i wanted to go higher with the seat, it would make it an uncomfortable driving position. This is my honest opinion... Others may disagree. Smile
maddog66
maddog66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:53 pm

I believe you loose around 2inches of head room witha glass roof
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamiebirse1982 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:23 pm

I'm 5"10 with the sunroof and seat at its lowest and I'm fine. Found it bit strange at the start but still have plenty of clearance, kids in the back so it doesn't bother them. Had a rattle or two in the sunroof at the start but the Suzuki dealer sorted no problem bit of loose trim and a greasing later it was fine

Jamiebirse1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulpian on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:26 am

I'm 6'00" and drove one with a sunroof with the seat set quite high - I hate sitting low in a car. It was okay, and better than in the S Cross. However, Greece is hot and would you be using it in daytime? My guess is no. Nice on summer nights though. The turquoise is the best colour and looks great on the road.

Ulpian

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:47 pm

I'm 5'11" and have a sunroof, don't really know what height setting I'm on but headroom is just fine. Just like the openness of the cabin,

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down