A bit of a fraud as yet !

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A bit of a fraud as yet ! - Page 2 Empty Re: A bit of a fraud as yet !

Post by Grumpy Souter on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:53 am

Sorry to see your weather problems.
I think its to wet even for the Vitara.
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Looks very nasty; is the white car a Vitara ? Perhaps you should be looking for a motor cruiser ?

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by sundodger on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:16 pm

You get the prize John Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Post by sundodger on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:32 pm

Well, those having read my previous posts will have noted my tale of woe ! Love the Vitara, but in view of the shocking attitude & lack of assistance from the only dealer for around 250 klm's I have been forced to re think the whole situation.
Further research in the area & I found a dealer, who totally dealt with the situation re. Residence permit renewal, which then allowed me to continue with the purchase of a vehicle suitable for my needs. Lost the 4x4 capability & a few other bits, but have a dealer who I can trust & deal with & a vehicle with good height & adequate ground clearance ....The dealer is BMW & so sorry guys, I have joined the dark side. Thanks for all your previous help & advice.
Attachments
A bit of a fraud as yet ! - Page 2 Attachment
IMG_0661.JPG You don't have permission to download attachments.(72 Kb) Downloaded 32 times

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:56 pm

Good luck with the BMW sundodger. 4 w.d. was probably an extra you would seldom need in Greece. I presume it was mud and rough roads that attracted you to the Vitara; so I am sure choice of tyres will be a good substitute. Hope the rain has stopped !!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by DS on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:48 am

sundodger wrote:On the subject of the 'Allgrip' lock mode...Is it just that power is locked 50/50 front to rear?
JOHNWALES wrote:Not very mechanically minded,  but I rather think it is a 50/50 distribution which cuts out as soon as the speed reaches 20 m.p.h
Hello everyone.
Here is some explanation - LOCK mode isn't 50/50.
4x4 system is contolled by electromagnetic clutch, which is controlled by current intensity.
0.0A means 2WD, 2.8A means full lock. Engaging LOCK gives 1.0A on the clutch. While accelerating it goes up to 2.5A, while slippage there is 2.8A.

DS

https://www.youtube.com/duszaniespokojna

Back to top Go down

Post by crozier on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:47 pm

DS wrote:
sundodger wrote:On the subject of the 'Allgrip' lock mode...Is it just that power is locked 50/50 front to rear?
JOHNWALES wrote:Not very mechanically minded,  but I rather think it is a 50/50 distribution which cuts out as soon as the speed reaches 20 m.p.h
Hello everyone.
Here is some explanation - LOCK mode isn't 50/50.
4x4 system is contolled by electromagnetic clutch, which is controlled by current intensity.
0.0A means 2WD, 2.8A means full lock. Engaging LOCK gives 1.0A on the clutch. While accelerating it goes up to 2.5A, while slippage there is 2.8A.

Cheers for that. I've been trying for ages to find out how the torque split between front and rear axles is governed. My Insignia VXR uses a haldex system, which is troublesome. That's an understatement, as i've just had mine replaced after 27,000 miles, albeit under warranty. Good to know the Suzuki doesn't use the same system.

crozier

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:04 am

crozier wrote:....... which is troublesome. That's an understatement, as i've just had mine replaced after 27,000 miles, albeit under warranty. Good to know the Suzuki doesn't use the same system.

Early Suzuki 4wd systems were bomb proof as long as you did not drive around in 4wd on dry tarmac
The later permanent 4wd can also be bulletproof as long as you keep all 4 tyres the same brand and diameter, use a different brand or a different size front to rear and you will damage the centre diff/clutch as it is constantly trying to rectify the different rotational speeds from the odd sized tyre

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2