All lights have a flicker at 1500 rpm

Go down

All lights have a flicker at 1500 rpm Empty All lights have a flicker at 1500 rpm

Post by Leonvitara on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:11 pm

From the first day the headlights and all lights have a small flicker at 1500 rpm.Any ideas?

Leonvitara

Back to top Go down

All lights have a flicker at 1500 rpm Empty Re: All lights have a flicker at 1500 rpm

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:27 am

Please fill in your profile so people know if your Vitara is petrol od diesel, it may help identify the problem

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

All lights have a flicker at 1500 rpm Empty Re: All lights have a flicker at 1500 rpm

Post by Leonvitara on Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:51 am

Thanks Karl.My name is Leon. I have recent purchased a new Suzuki Vitara diesel allgrip.Exactly the same problem exists in several cars without led headlights here in Greece and Italy.Unfortunately, I'm waiting 3 months for an answer from the local suzuki company.

Leonvitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:16 am

That's a new one to me. Could it be an alternator issue?
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 am

Certainly seems like an alternator problem, had similar fault on Transits years ago, just at the point that the alternator started to charge, had to rev the engine above the point , once it had cut in it would then idle of full charge all day, I have a friend who is an absolute wizard on electronics, I will ask the question and report back
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:01 am

That is a tea strange one, the LED's not flickering may be down to LED's working in a lower voltage than traditional bulbs

The second strange thing is you say many cars have this problem, is it only diesel cars that have this problem?

Karl

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonvitara on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Admin wrote:That is a tea strange one, the LED's not flickering may be down to LED's working in a lower voltage than traditional bulbs

The second strange thing is you say many cars have this problem, is it only diesel cars that have this problem?

Karl

Yes all of them are Suzuki Vitara 1.6 DDiS Allgrip (Gl+ in Greece,v-cool in Italy= without led projectors, without keyless entry and start and without electrically folding door mirrors) a model like 1.6 DDiS SZ-T but allgrip. Local seller said that there are a couple of same problematic models that are using for test drive cars across Greece.

Leonvitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:07 pm

This may be a long shot and not the same but I have had an instance with motorcycles where the charging system only comes in to full charge after 3000rpm and can result in a flickering lights and digital dash etc below this
As we all know diesels rev a lot lower and I am wondering if 1500rpm is the changeover point where the alternator kicks into full charge?

Like I say it could well be a totally different issue but only thing I can think of

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down