Vitara Service Requirements - Years 1 - 3

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Vitara Service Requirements - Years 1 - 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Vitara Service Requirements - Years 1 - 3

Post by Woodking on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Admin wrote:Having had a few issues with European supplied NGK's (made in France) I tend to now only fit Denso plugs, the Denso Iridium Tough plugs I fitted to our Jimny at 20k were a noticeable improvement

I have yet to change any on a K14 but  usually replacement is straight forward, remove the plastic engine cover, remove 10mm headed bolts on the igniter packs, & remove , remove plug caps and remove spark plugs
Refitting I would recommend using a torque wrench to avoid any issues and ease of future replacements

The Density equivalent is VXUHC22G but not sure what prices they are

Karl

Great, thank you Karl.

I'll try and source the Denso plugs and can add it to the 'how to' section once I get around to doing it if that will help others.

I do have a torque wrench, they are invaluable when working on your own car in my opinion.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Vitara Service Requirements - Years 1 - 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Vitara Service Requirements - Years 1 - 3

Post by Whytecat on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:29 am

Gar Green wrote:UPDATED - 14-11-2018

Added 2019 Vitara 1.0 and 1.4.

Note, new 1.4 Boosterjet interval is 12,500m opposed to 9,000m on the S

Rang my dealer about this yesterday & queried this by asking why is the servicing on the Boosterjet engine now 12500m rather than 9000m ? They didnt really answer that one. They said you can leave it until 12500m if you want. I think i will get the first service done at Xmas which will be on about 8000m (probably good to do an oil change) then go on to 12500m intervals after that.

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:39 am

It could be down to a number of things, maybe the mapping is different. I’m not sure of any weight difference but that could be a factor etc.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:42 am

As Gar said re mapping of the ECU could be a reason, stocks of new vehicles have been minimal up to September while all vehicles have had modifications for real world mpg figures, this also coincided with the facelift Vitara release

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:36 am

Is this the right oil for a 1.6 ? Booked in with Suzuki end of March but still considering supplying the parts and letting my local independent owned by a friend of mine do the service as it's the 3rd one. Have done the pollen filter so £262 for an oil/filter and air filter seems steep.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motul-8100-Eco-Lite-0W20-Fully-Synthetic-Low-Viscosity-Engine-Oil-5-Litre/192780400516?epid=2261665849&hash=item2ce29b7784:g:hjgAAOSw5i5cL63J:rk:2🇵🇫0

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:03 pm

0w20 is the correct oil but try this link as it includes Castrol 0w20 and genuine oil filter....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F262927744345

They also do a genuine air filter

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:48 pm

Thanks Karl good find, so about £68 for parts. If genuine parts are used and serviced and book stamped by them being a VAT registered garage it hopefully shouldn't affect an extended warranty. Um decisions.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Personal experience between Castrol and Motul oils I have used on motorcycles is that the Castrol is far better and stay's cleaner between oil changes and required less top up's in-between

You know my experience with your local Suzuki dealers standard of workmanship has not been great so It would not take a lot of convincing to use your friends independent garage, other than your door mirror noise have you had any other warranty issues?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:02 pm

No nothing really, gratey brakes at slow speed but they assure me that is normal and earlier on had a few main screen freezes. Didn't take out or need extended warranty work at all with the GV for the six years we had it but this has much electronic stuff so may take the warranty out being auto and algrip.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Gratey brakes are usually a free change of pads. Strange they don't know that.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Question for Karl. Bit baffled with my oil on my last services as I think it's maybe another St Peters cock up. On first service 3.9 ltrs of bulk Quartz 9000 Future which seems ok I think, last service 5.9 ltrs  of bulk Total  bulk DFS 5w30. I know it's only 3.9 ltr on a change so what are they playing at have they used the wrong oil ? It's not overfilled as ok on dipstick but oil charge on last service was £65 plus vat ! First service with 3.9 ltrs was £39 + vat. Time to knock St Peters on the head I think.
Edit, also the oil filter used on last service was a 16510-62M00-000 which I believe is a diesel engine oil filter Rolling Eyes just hope it's a clerical error and right parts are fitted.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:47 pm

St Peters being a multi franchise with Peugeot unfortunately you are going to get whatever oil they buy in bulk hence you getting Total oils instead of the (at the time) Suzuki recommended Castrol, then again at the prices they have charged I would have wanted Castrol rather than the Total bulk oil
The 5.9 litres is probably a way of charging you a bit more and hope you don't notice
Oil filter wise the Diesel filter is a paper element so could not have been fitted to your spin on filter used on your petrol
Clerical error would not surprise me as I'm sure I have mentioned my experience with the Service department when I purchased our Jimny and told the reason it had 50psi instead of 30/32psi was because it had been pdi'd a week earlier and the pressures had gone up............which I replied apart from being impossible unless we had changed severe altitude or heat even at 30/32psi they were incorrect as it takes 23/26psi
Since moving Seat out of the main Showroom Clarks of Kidderminster seem to have got their act together but this is from hearsay rather than experience if you did want to stay main dealer local to you?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:27 pm

Sounds like clerical error then, hopefully got the right 0w20 oil in. My local independent with me supplying the correct oil and Suzuki oil and air filters via your link and the pollen filter which I have comes in at £157 all in with mot. Bit better than £262 plus £35 for mot at St Peters. And I can trust them as I know the owner well and he services my other car and the old GV for the last 3 years I had it.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:48 pm

If it is piece of mind on the warranty front I service and maintain 3 petrol Secret Suzuki's otherwise known as  the Fiat Sedici.
The Fiat Sedici is 99% identical to a Suzuki SX4 (even the chassis plate says Magyar Suzuki) and was built alongside the SX4 in Hungary where the Vitara and S-Cross are now made. The engine and gearbox is the same M16A used in the 1.6 petrol Vitara and the rear diff for the 4wd is also the same, the difference on the 4wd is a rocker switch (2wd/4wd auto/4wd lock) as opposed to the Vitara Allgrip rotary setup
Servicing wise all three were purchased with around 30-35k on the clock and over the last 3 years other than genuine filters (oil and air), Castrol oil and wear and tear such as tyres and wipers all have been 100% reliable, so much so my friends who is now at 85k is looking to buy another low mileage example while they are still around as he is so impressed after owning a succession of VAG products (as a side note he is 100% non mechanical and had even forgot where the bonnet pull was as he never opens it between services)
With your Vitara being near enough the same running gear I'd say with decent servicing you will have a decent motor for years to come without St Peters getting their hands on it

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:40 am

Word of warning about Suzuki extended warranty and servicing, in their info book section 2.6 it quotes..
The continued validity of your insurance is dependant upon having the insured vehicle serviced by an authorised Suzuki dealer or any Suzuki Service Centre.

So that will rule out having it serviced by an independent then if you want to take out their extended warranty Crying or Very sad

On the plus side I found out a letter from Startins who have taken over the dealership last May offering 25% of first visit so now only about £235 with mot so will have to bite the bullet I suppose.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:16 pm

Had my 3rd service last week and have had to book the car back into the dealership to sort some post service related issues. The car has developed and intermittent misfire when cold and seems to have a mind of its own with the auto gearbox changing erratically.
It was great before the dealership got the hands on it.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog66 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Mine goes in tomorrow for it's third service and mot... I pay monthly so hopefully no expense tomorrow!!

2 issues I have are the carpet/cover under the glove box is very flimsy gets caught on feet, to the point where it is now damaged, and the drivers side front window clunks awfully when closing!! I had it looked at last year and they ordered and fitted a rubber seal but fault has come back. Hopefully these are resolvable under warranty.

Will keep you posted.
maddog66
maddog66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 am

Those covers break all the time. They should warrant it for you. Worst case they’re about a tenner.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Interesting day at dealers getting mine serviced and mot'd.
Grating brakes which I think is a known item, they told me it's normal and just pitted brake discs...what from new when I first reported it at one month old !
Noisy squeal when going around corner, said it was a disc cover plate catching now all ok... no it's not drove away and first bend squealing pig again so back to dealers but they tried to palm me off with being busy to recheck today, made sure they did though as 40+ mile round trip to book it back in again.
Charged for washer fluid but left bottle about 2/3 full, got home and checked oil and just over half way between max and min.
Going back to a previous post where they billed me as a diesel service last time around, said dealership has been taken over so nothing they can do.
Talking to the mechanic who I took out to make him listen to the noise he said the new owners have put them under pressure to increase workload and taking on Dacia and Renault franchise as well.
On the plus side I got service and mot for £194 all in.
Time for a dealer change I think.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:20 pm

def change dealers .I had my 3rd service and mot with a reputable garage that even gave me 30 quid off the quote because it was so easy to do only done 13000n 3 yrs then all of a sudden get a phone call from dealers as to why I did not go back to them who quoted me 259 quid for 3 yr service without mot price.then get a phone call later from them saying can I stay on their phone list and quoted me 129 quid next year.lol

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:53 am

Response from manager at dealers on low oil is that they put in the exact recommended oil amount as specified by Suzuki on the service and if it doesn't reach the max mark on dip stick that is ok Rolling Eyes had to put in nearly 500ml to bring it up to max mark.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:12 am

I've commented before but ST Peters/ Startins have an answer (aka excuse) for everything.............usually this fluent response comes from the practice they have had as they make so many mistakes

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat May 11, 2019 4:38 pm

Had my second service in June 2018, at 26,600 miles. Have booked in for next service in June 2019; but have only done light mileage in the last year, and am still a couple of hundred miles short of 30,000. J & J Motors have quoted me £159 for oil changes and general health check. I think this is a pretty good deal.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by alec on Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:14 pm

What happens after 4 years? Does it go back to the 1st year again?

Mine is in for it's 4th year (50,000 mile) service and MOT today.

alec
alec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2