ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL DANGERS

Go down

ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL DANGERS Empty ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL DANGERS

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:29 pm

The adaptive cruise control is a very useful piece of technology particularly when on motorways; but is there a hidden danger ? Acceleration and deceleration is at times quite rapid, which was demonstrated to me the other day whilst travelling on the M4 and M25. The likelihood of me running up the back of the car in front was unlikely, but what about the guys behind. Some of the speed reductions would without A.C.C. require the application of the brakes, but the automatic programme would appear not to give any braking light warning to the following vehicle. I am not absolutely sure about this, there is no way for me to check. As far as I can tell the system operates on engine revs only and not the braking system. If the brakes are applied however, there would be considerable extra wear on the brake linings.

Anybody out there to clarify my concerns.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL DANGERS Empty Re: ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL DANGERS

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:22 pm

The brake light question had crossed my mind John, maybe I could wire a temporary buzzer to the rear brake lights to see if they are activated?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Technically speaking the guy behind should be far enough away to avoid contact. Brake lights do come on when harsh braking occurs.

What catches me out is, following a car that is exiting the motorway when i'm continuing. I know i'm safe to carry on at my speed and avoid the vehicle exiting but the car has other ideas. It'll shut off, slow down and then foot down again. Not so good for the MPG that.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down