The Suggestions Box

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Suggestions Box - Page 2 Empty Re: The Suggestions Box

Post by plunet on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:08 pm

I've been thinking about this for a while, and here's my wish list / comments for the Vitara (based upon my 9 months experience with the S).
These are in a vague list of priority.

1. Lack of Android Auto support for the ICE unit.
2. Lack of visibility for the buttons between the steering column and the drivers door.
3. Sluggishness of ICE interface, especially when specifying an address/postcode - it's easy to mistype something due to the delay.
4. Lack of central armrest between driver and passenger seat.
5. Dimming/night view on ICE. If the headlamps automatically light during the day the ICE/dash is not dimmed, but if you need to manaully switch on headlamps during the day the ICE/dash lighting is dimmed when it should not be.
6. Lack of auto folding mirrors as a standard option.
7. Lack of indication lamps for front and rear foglamps and other control buttons between streering column and drivers door on instrument dashboard.
8. Front doors typically need a bit of a shove to get them to close properly (possibly due to airlock in car).
9. Design of area in central console around USB socket and cigarette lighter is cumbersome and constrained.
10. Not much difference between speed 1 and 2 for the wipers.
11. Rattle of unused seat belt on side of door pillar and scratching on the door pillar from the belt buckle
12. Scuff marks on door surround/plastics (I realise this is an issue that affects many modern cars)
13. Water drips onto drivers/passenger door when opened with rain on bodywork.
14. Lack of power for rear seats (noted Karl's option to include power in central armrest)
15. Very high and level alignment of LED headlamps - getting flashed too often by oncoming drivers and not user adjustable.
16. Combination of incandesent and LED lighting - if you've been given LED headlights, all bulbs should be upgraded to LED.
17. Possible rattle in my passegner door.

The other thing I question is fuel economy on the Vitara S.
I don't believe we are heavy footed, but we're just getting just 40mpg on urban and motorway driving.  
I get that we can't expect to get the stated brochure fuel economy figures, but I was hoping/expecting to get mid-40s.

Last edited by plunet on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo, added additional word for clarity)

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:49 am

Its amazing how many modern cars hide the functional switches behind the steering wheel. I drive most makes, they all seem to do it and its mighty annoying. Could be worse, if its a peogeot, you need to work your way through a computer screen to adjust the temperature.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by suzuki-loops on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:36 am

1. Heated seats! On the SZ5 the seats are upgraded to suede/leather, but they don't heat them. I guess this is a sort of cost saving, but I would rather the upgrade was heated fabric seats than cold leather if it's down to money.

2. Spare wheel rather than the kit suppiled. They have provisioned for it with room in the boot.

suzuki-loops

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:55 am

With the spare wheel available as an option from Suzuki the heated seats are not a factory option in the UK. Many dealers said that heated seats were not available due to the leather/alcantara trim yet the rest of Europe has heated seats on both fabric and leather/alcantara as standard
I have retro fitted heated seats and find the carbon heat pads warmer than the genuine Suzuki heated seats i have used in Vitaras in Iceland

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t238-heated-seat-kits?highlight=Heated+seats

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by suzuki-loops on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:17 am

I have had heated seats retrofitted and have also bought a spare wheel. I now have the spec that I feel I should have had when I bought it!

I had the heated seats done at the end of January, good timing with our current weather, and they are very good!

suzuki-loops

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:27 am

+1 for all of the above.
And, more, better placed and sized cup holders without having to be double-jointed to put a cup/flask in the centre console area.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Janwal on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:55 pm

When I bought my ex demo S a month ago the dealer told me that all Vitaras come into the country with a spare wheel etc in the car boot.They are all taken out and replaced with the inflation kit to keep weight down for EU emission regs by reducing weight! Don’t for a minute think they were lying as it sounds like the sort of stupid rule the EU would make.
Definitely not an economical car around the hills of Huddersfield.Around town only get 32 mpg in auto mode. Strangely if I use Sport it does 34 mpg! So I use that all the time as it is a much nicer car to drive in sport mode. On longer flat urban runs in sport it does 50 mpg. On first run on motorway yesterday although the hilly section over towards Manchester got 45 at 70’ish!
The response even in 6th gear is still very good. So can’t grumble
Changed from a diesel Captur which only did 36’ish mpg around town (60+ on a run) So I have a much nicer car to drive performance wise particularly the acceleration and fuel costs not a lot different at the end of the day with diesel prices being higher anyway and most of my 6k miles will be local anyway. So very happy I made the change,puts a smile on my face every time I drive it and love the look of it in red!

Janwal

Back to top Go down

Post by suzuki-loops on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Your theory about the spare wheels could explain why there are so many available from main dealers advertising on the well known auction site!

suzuki-loops

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Janwal wrote:When I bought my ex demo S a month  ago the dealer told me that all Vitaras come into the country with a spare wheel etc in the car boot.They are all taken out and replaced with the inflation kit to keep weight down for EU emission regs by reducing weight! Don’t for a minute think they were lying as it sounds like the sort of stupid rule the EU would make.

I would take anything your dealer tells you in future with a pinch of salt Rolling Eyes

The cars specifications are decided on the vehicles destination/importer and sent to the UK from Hungary with no spare wheel fitted
The spare wheel is an option for many countries (not just Europe) yet standard in others such as Australia

[quote="suzuki-loops"Your theory about the spare wheels could explain why there are so many available from main dealers advertising on the well known auction site!][/quote]

Most spare wheels on Ebay are 17" and aftermarket or accessory, genuine spare wheels fitted at Suzuki Hungary are 16"

Karl

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Personally i can't see the need for heated seats, however my daughter has a heated steering wheel in her Renault Clio and I'd like one of them.

Drove to work at 05:30 the other morning and hands were freezin...
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2