Vitara diesel emissions

Go down

Vitara diesel emissions Empty Vitara diesel emissions

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:24 pm

My new Windows 10 computer starts up with the default, (must get around to changing it), msn page (MSN UK) which has nothing to do with the price of fish but a headline 30 dirty diesels caught my attention as there was a picture of the new Vitara alleged like many others to be cheating on official emission figures, however hearing of the incredible mileage figures some of you are quoting I would have said the official figures seem pretty close to reality, I am very  interested since our diesel SZ5  Allgrip should be with us next month, just wondered if anyone had seen the article, more sensationalism I expect although it makes a change from the referendum !!
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Vitara diesel emissions Empty Re: Vitara diesel emissions

Post by Jester on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:39 am

The article

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/ownership/its-not-just-vw-30-dirty-diesels-accused-of-emissions-cheating/ss-AAh4WAx?ocid=spartanntp#image=1

about the cheats

The Transport and Environment campaign group is calling on regulators to investigate 30 cars it claims produced ‘suspect’ emissions results when tested by authorities. The organisation says it has evidence that ‘defeat devices’, such as those used in the Volkswagen emissions scandal, have been used by ‘most’ carmakers.

The group says this evidence includes inappropriate use of a ‘thermal window’ (29 models), high ‘hot-restart’ emissions (23 models) and plain shut-offs after a certain time (at least one model). These are the 30 cars the organisation believes may use defeat devices.

about the Vitara...

The latest Suzuki Vitara is one of our favourite crossovers, but Transport and Environment alleges that the 1.6-litre diesel showed signs of using the thermal window and hot-start bodges during testing.

Jester

Back to top Go down