FORWARD VISION

Go down

FORWARD VISION Empty FORWARD VISION

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:37 pm

I have been meaning to ask this question for sometime. I have owned several four wheel drives over the years, including Discovery, Freelander, Ravs and Renault RX4. I have never experienced any difficulties with these cars, but I do find the Vitara rather hard to park when going into a parking bay forwards. The vision of the road ahead seems to be obstructed by the high bonnet, making it necessary to open the driver door to see if I am within the white lines.

It may be down to old age, but am just wondering whether any other owners have experienced this difficulty. There is no problem reversing of course, with the wing mirrors being adjustable, and the camera.

Your comments please.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

FORWARD VISION Empty Re: FORWARD VISION

Post by hicky on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:50 pm

I find that with the high bonnet I tend to park further away than I think I am.when I get out I then have to move it further forward.lol but I agree with what you say.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:47 pm

Personally, no problem parking for me. I do find that I also don't park far forward enough, but the front senor really help there
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:16 pm

Yes I often have to shunt forward when parking, and the sensors are of no use when in a supermarket that has back to back parking lanes. I may experiment with my security camera to see if it can be mounted in a position that assists with parking. It would not be impossible for Suzuki to fit a forward facing camera that could be activated when the car is in first gear.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Defke on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Front sensors are the only help in those situations, although as the time goes I am getting better in guessing position even without them. I always try to park by going backwards, and camera really helps there. When that's not an option, I go forward but Vitara is not a very long car, even if you don't 'paint the line' the still won't be much of the back end sticking out.

Defke

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:17 pm

I prefer to reverse into parking slot as well, Vitara has every system available to make this easy. But it is not always convenient to do this if it means backing up to a wall or hedge, and needing access to the boot.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:13 pm

I tend to park out the way and on an end space so I can leave a large gap if I can anyway, in my years of motoring I've found most people have no respect for their own vehicles let alone yours
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:10 pm

Gargreen wrote:I tend to park out the way and on an end space so I can leave a large gap if I can anyway, in my years of motoring I've found most people have no respect for their own vehicles let alone yours

Never a truer sentiment expressed, but still the supermarket trollies find you!
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:43 am

Yes yes. Quite agree here. The end parking space is number one spot; if necessary drop off your passenger and hug the wall or bushes. Also avoid parking next to someone who is badly parked or has an old banger. Best to park next to someone who has a clean modern car better than yours. If the supermarket car park is on a slope park on the upper part so that the trolleys roll away from you.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Badfx on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:39 pm

Don't you find that if you park away from any other vehicles by the time you come out the supermarket some git has parked next you even though there are loads of empty spaces.
You wouldn't do that if there was one guy using a urinal and there were another 20 unused ones so don't park next to me either.

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:40 am

I find it is a reflection on people not being able to park, give them two white lines on the road to park between and they have not got a chance, but line it up against a vehicle at eye level and bingo!!
Annoys the hell out of me, as said before, check for a decent car and secondly child seats, mothers don't give a sh#t trying to get a screaming child into a car and would not notice their door bouncing off yours

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:10 pm

very true karl sad but true.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Got to be honest here, I do find it difficult parking between two white lines in the Vitara. But I always correct any errors.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:44 pm

Best thing to do is carry a tin of white paint and a brush. Wherever the car ends up, just paint your own lines . It saves so much fiddling about. Yellow lines can be a problem as we have too many of them already.
                                         Graham
I may have lost the plot somewhere .

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:06 pm

So nice to have a bit of humour Graham !!! Problem is my boot is quite full with excavation gear in case I get flashed by a speed camera. Do you know any one interested in used road signs ? Regards , JOhn

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by sundodger on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Why park between the white lines...Everyone here parks over then or even diagonally across them

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:14 pm

Which side of the road do you drive on Sundodger, left, right or in the shade !!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by sundodger on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:02 am

Completely optional John, although theoretically on the left. It does however seem compulsory to overtake on a bend, double white lines or while someone else is overtaking. It is also not permissible to have another car actually in front of you !

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Post by sundodger on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:40 am

Ooops...further to my last. Should have course, read drive on right. Seem to be developing my wife's problem of distinguishing between

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:47 am

SUNDODGER is my official nomination for the award of VITARA COMEDIAN OF THE YEAR.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down