Which Vitara?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which Vitara? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Vitara?

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:24 pm

I have just been outside to check roof opening of the SZ5, and I would confidently say there would not be a problem with the shark fin

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:18 pm

+1 with John above, plenty of room with the roof fully open.....

Which Vitara? - Page 2 Wp_20172

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Badfx on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:42 pm

I have a Diesel Vitara, I have owned it for 6 months and done about 5000 miles. Mostly thats 20min drive of about 10 miles. I also take my dogs to the woods everyday which is about 5 min drive. Then maybe once a fortnight a 1 hour drive to the Cinema
I have never been on a motorway or dual carriageway and I get 4.6l/100km average over 3000 miles that's about 60mpg.
I have no problem with the DPF, no warning light or anything. I do switch off the stop/start everytime I set off.
If the 1.4 turbo engine was available when I ordered mine I would have got that but it wasn't and to be honest I am more than happy with the diesel. It pulls my trailer loaded with 500kg easily enough and there is a bit of power (not a lot but enough) when you want to over take.
I don't find it noisy except maybe winter mornings when it starts but even that is only if your outside scraping the ice off. The cabin is pretty well insulated as far as engine noise is concerned. It's not like your wafting along in a Rolls Royce but then it's alot cheaper too.
I have yet to read a review where anybody is dissapointed with there Vitara concerning the engine be it Diesel or Petrol. I have seen that some people's DPF warning has been triggered but then a 20min drive above 2000rpm seems to cure that.
My only criticism is that Mirror Link does not work with my Galaxy S5 and Suzuki said it would and that every now and then the proximity alert has gone off for no reason.
Hope that helps and is not too long winded.

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:58 pm

grumpy just ordered one of them sharks fin from the people you recommended,cheers see how I get on. Very Happy

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor120 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Thanks for the comments
Razor120
Razor120

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor120 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:36 pm

I really appreciate all the comments and help.
Razor120
Razor120

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:49 pm

I think Badfx has summed up the diesel Vitara with great accuracy. A better revue than I have ever seen in What Car !!! HIs criticism of acceleration being only just adequate shows his model is 2 wd; any one wanting a bit of punch should invest in the All Grip where sport mode pushes you into the back of the seat !!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:24 am

It's all about the S.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Mesmer on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:37 am

How do you mount the shark fin? is any special glue required?

Mesmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Gargreen wrote:It's all about the S....

.....Z5 Wink

Did I mention I have the Panoramic roof open today sunny

lol!

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor120 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Well made my decision had a couple of test drives and I've decided to go for the Vitara with the new boosterjet1.4 petrol engine. Really nice car to drive. I wanted a red one but none in the country at the moment so could be July or August that I get it.

Would just like to say again thanks to the forum members that gave me some good advice and opinion. Much appreciated
Razor120
Razor120

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Congratulations cheers Bottom line is that they are all decent motors and seems Suzuki have given the engine choice to please everyone by the sounds of it

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Razor120 wrote:Well made my decision had a couple of test drives and I've decided to go for the Vitara with the new boosterjet1.4 petrol engine. Really nice car to drive. I wanted a red one but none in the country at the moment so could be July or August that I get it.

Would just like to say again thanks to the forum members that gave me some good advice and opinion. Much appreciated

Welcome to team S. Who needs a sunroof anyway.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor120 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:41 pm

Not when you have air con Very Happy thumbl
Razor120
Razor120

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Agree sun roofs are not worth the expense; I never use mine other than the flip mode. Good luck with the 1.4 Razor, and thanks for the appreciation you have shown along the way to people who have responded to your enquiries. People saying thank you makes your efforts worth while.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Badfx on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:08 pm

JOHNWALES wrote:I think Badfx has summed up the diesel Vitara with great accuracy.  A better revue than I have ever seen in What Car !!!   HIs criticism of acceleration being only just adequate shows his model is 2 wd;  any one wanting a bit of punch should invest in the All Grip where sport mode pushes you into the back of the seat !!

I have the AllGrip. I have played around with Sport mode. I would say it improves throttle response and weights up the steering but it didnt feel like there was more power. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the way it performs (I'm more about mpg than mph these days) I was just trying to give a realistic view. In the past I have had quicker cars but my car choices get slower as I get older so it's more of a comparison to cars I've had I suppose.

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:09 pm

no special glue required the sharks fin comes with 3m double sided tape.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:07 am

Razor - I am sure you will be very happy with the S.

The writing is on the wall for diesel cars (not heavy vehicles though as the the engine tech to move such heavy vehicles is not here yet)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/95869/diesel-cars-could-face-tax-hike-to-cut-air-pollution

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/08/mps-and-campaigners-call-for-diesel-scrappage-scheme-amid-concer/

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a4a8bba2-28ee-11e6-8ba3-cdd781d02d89.html#axzz4BFxBeeTp

...and so forth.

My previous car - a Kia Soul Connect+ 1.6 turbo diesel - was great to drive, loads of torque etc and I loved the features and looks however that was a new car and not a 70K plus miler and in my experience (and others) that's when the problems with diesels really start to kick in.

Last edited by Jester on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : not read all posts correctly.)

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:21 am

The base of the standard aerial is smaller than the shark fin. If you fit the type I have as shown in the second post all you remove is the mast, the shark fin fits OVER the existing base.
My shark fin is 16cm. back to front and when fitted the front is 23 cm. from the back of the roof.
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor120 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Jester I did see some of those comments and it wouldnt surprise me if the gov decided to put an extra tax on but we will have to wait and see. I just thought as my yearly mileage has dropped now I have retired it was better for me to get the new boosterjet petrol engine although I did consider the diesel.
Razor120
Razor120

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Just back having spent a long weekend up in North Wales. A round trip of close to 400 miles. We have the Vitara S Auto and this was the first long trip we have done. We are very happy with the car, it is everything we expected and more. The gearbox is possibly the smoothest I have driven and we have had several bid Volvo's with auto gearboxes in the past. Our only criticism is the sound quality of the DAB stereo. When on DAB the sound is very deep even with the bass and treble set to reduce it. Apart from that we cannot really fault the car. We were getting an average of close to 50 miles per gallon on the motorway and about 40 on the A roads.
We have not really seen any issues with freezing of the ICE as others have.
I would recommend the Vitara S Auto to anyone who asks, a cracking car.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:25 pm

Best in the range, tall bloke Wink
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum