Real or faux leather

Go down

Real or faux leather Empty Real or faux leather

Post by Defke on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:08 am

Does anyone knows whether leather in top spec and S models is genuine leather or synthetic?

I read the discussion on Italian Vitara forum, but google translate has only helped me so much. From what I understood after three months of discussion they are still not sure, and official Italian Suzuki dealers haven't been much helpful in the matter.

Defke

Back to top Go down

Real or faux leather Empty Re: Real or faux leather

Post by theforestdweller on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Given that the description refers to "Alcantara" then this is NOT leather. Alcantara is a trade name for an upmarket imitation whether it's imitating suede or normal look leather. I have never thought I was buying leather and for me that's fine - I don't like leather seats.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Defke on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:42 pm

Hmm, In my catalogue it says 'combination of suede and regular leather with red stitching', which is why I'm confused. For leather inserts in doors it clearly says synthetic leather, if it's the same on seats, I wonder why they din't say so.

Also there's no mention of Alcantara, and as far as I know Alcantara is always suede looking, never normal leather.

Defke

Back to top Go down

Real or faux leather Empty Suede seat fabric

Post by Eastcott-uk on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:47 pm

I have a March 2016 SZ5 petrol auto. The Suzuki brochure says the seats are "Suede seat fabric", looking at the seats this must mean the centre portion of the seat back and the centre bit you sit on. I would like to know what the bolsters at the sides of the centre panels are covered with, is it Leather or Vinyl ? The covering seems to be grained fairly randomly, suggesting it is leather. I believe the seat sides and back are vinyl as the grain seems very uniform.
Eastcott-uk
Eastcott-uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sundodger on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:16 am

Had a quick look into this in my brochure here in Greece. Greek version obviously, but lists leather upholstery options at 970 euros for half leather & 1100 for full, using the Greek word for real leather of Δερμάτινο. The listing for standard upholstery GLX with the Alcantara centre panels uses the word Δερμάτινη which denotes faux leather. Hope this helps?

sundodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire pud on Sun May 06, 2018 9:56 pm

Hmmm having spent an hour rubbing leather cream into my vitara s leather looking seats yesterday I was sure it was real leather the way it absorbed the cream.
Until I read these comments now im unsure if it's real or faux ???
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Mon May 07, 2018 5:31 am

My opinion is that the parts you sit on and rest your back to are real leather. The parts on the sides and the backs are fake.
Have a look att the pocket on the passenger seat. It looks like leather. But look inside it and you see its fake.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by suzuki-loops on Tue May 08, 2018 9:17 pm

When I bought mine I was under the impression that the seats were all leather, but the UK brochure does indeed say "Suede seat upholstery".

The steering wheel is leather covered, if that helps! But that's the same for all models apparently.

suzuki-loops

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down