Suzuki tainted by fuel efficiency saga?

Go down

Suzuki tainted by fuel efficiency saga? Empty Suzuki tainted by fuel efficiency saga?

Post by plunet on Wed May 18, 2016 4:45 pm

Apparently no vehicles targeted for the overseas market are implicated, but it seems that Suzuki may be embroiled in the fuel efficiency saga in their home market...

http://www.businesstoday.in/opinion/perspective/its-suzuki-now-on-mileage-default%E2%80%A6/story/232741.html

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/18/suzuki-motor-says-used-improper-fuel-economy-tests-shares-slide.html

plunet

Back to top Go down

Suzuki tainted by fuel efficiency saga? Empty Re: Suzuki tainted by fuel efficiency saga?

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed May 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Just completed 1,500 miles on my European expedition. Inclusive of autobahen including a 10 mile spurt at 110 m.p.h., and climbing to 7,000 feet with a full load, I am currently returning 66.2 m.p.g. Cannot complain about that under any circumstances. I have also frequently used Sport mode.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Suzuki tainted by fuel efficiency saga? Empty Re: Suzuki tainted by fuel efficiency saga?

Post by Gar Green on Wed May 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Suzuki claim 44mpg for the Vitara S for urban driving. I get 39/40 mpg living in sport mode. I can't argue with that.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Wed May 18, 2016 9:10 pm

I've just done my longest trip, not a great distance but in my 1.6 petrol Allgrip auto on a nearly 400 mile around trip, mixed driving motorway and town we returned 49 mpg which I am well pleased with. Was up to 53 but the town driving dragged it back a little. That was calculated on fill up calculation not the display but it wasn't far out.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Thu May 19, 2016 8:46 am

Found this website. Not sure who funds it so it needs to be treated with a bit of caution but it does seem to have some real world figures in it.

http://www.nextgreencar.com/mpg/make-model/suzuki/vitara/

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Thu May 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi Phil, Welcome to the Forum. My name is John Suzuki and I am the M.D. of Suzuki Europe.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Thu May 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Only joking; think you will find all the members of this forum are unbiased individuals; and I find most people circulate very interesting and helpful information.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Thu May 19, 2016 8:27 pm

I would agree with with 41MPG.
I took delivery of my Vitara S with 9 miles on the clock, I have now covered over 2200 miles on all types of roads from motorway to Scottish Highland roads with passing places.
I kept a record of all fuel purchased and it worked out at 41.6 MPG over the 2.2k.
It don't half go down in sport mode.
The computer shows between 40 and 45 under normal driving conditions.
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu May 19, 2016 8:39 pm

Surely it's about Smiles Per Miles anyway. I bought the turbo because i enjoyed the drive.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:50 am

The CEO has stepped down.... A very Japanese action to fall on ones sword.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36477297

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down