Vitara S - Bright Red - UK Spec

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Vitara S - Bright Red - UK Spec - Page 4 Empty Re: Vitara S - Bright Red - UK Spec

Post by blackbart on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:14 pm

Thanks for the reply Smile - now to find some time to get down to it.

blackbart

Back to top Go down

Vitara S - Bright Red - UK Spec - Page 4 Empty Re: Vitara S - Bright Red - UK Spec

Post by kent a on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:40 am

numberplate backing trim how difficult is it to take it off I want my painted black.

kent a

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi kent a,
Most people will tell you that you have to remove the whole front bumper assembly which I think is a mamoth task not to mention the risk of damage to it.
Part 1 Under the car. What I did was remove the plastic tray under the engine,then with a long philips screwdriver remove the screws holding the front skid plate.
Part 2 Under the bonnet, Open the bonnet and remove the front grill then un-bolt the radar sensor and put to one side, this will expose a hole large enough for your hand to gain access to the two screws holding the number plate panel.
It can be quite difficult reaching the screws, I found a small philips rachet the best.
I found this method the best but I do have a garage with a pit for working under the car.
Good luck --you will need it.
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by kent a on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Thanks. I have a garage with the car lift.
so I can easily work under the car

kent a

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Great thread - lots of subtle mods and a lot of thought gone into them. Covering the hinges and the LED interior lights make the car look so much cleaner and modern.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by Joakim on Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:42 am

Very good looking car, i really like your changes, small things that do a big difference!
I might have to steal some ideas from you! Very Happy

Joakim

Back to top Go down

Post by tudormereacre on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:06 am

Very nice looking car. Looking to buy the 2019 facelift. What can you tell me about the LED lights? How's their performance. And also, is it true that you can't replace the bulb, and that you have to replace the whole headlight? Thanks !

tudormereacre

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusteve on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:20 am

fantastic looking car and there are quite a few bits i will take from this post to update my vitara s thanks for your time posting the updates..
lotusteve
lotusteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:39 am

Thanks all. The Vitara is long gone now and I’ve gone back to a swift Sport. I do miss it though.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4