Car ordered

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Car ordered  Empty Car ordered

Post by Li150 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi all,really enjoyable and informative forum just ordered an sz5 now the agonising wait. I really enjoyed the test drive and really surprised how well the petrol auto went and really loved the car roll on June. Regards backbucket.

Li150

Back to top Go down

Car ordered  Empty Re: Car ordered

Post by Gar Green on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Great news. It'll b worth the wait I'm sure.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Li150 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Thanks gargreen I hope so this is my first suzuki after fords and vauxhalls etc but this was the most comfortable and I think the most stylish.

Li150

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm on to my third now, first was a RS Swift Sport then an AZG Swift Sport now on to the Vitara S. All been rock solid and throughly enjoyable
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Li150 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:52 pm

Good to hear

Li150

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:42 pm

Good luck with the car. My SZ5 All Grip is my 4 th Suzuki, which replaced an SX4SCross. Both cars are fantastic, and with the All Grip handle with precision in winter conditions. The 1.6 diesel engine is ultra economic, and I understand the petrol units also return good consumption.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Li150 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:54 pm

Thanks johnwales,four suzukis must say something for the build alas mine is not allgrip(hope I dont regret it)my present car(mokka)is all wheel drive but I just don't do enough miles now 4,500 in two and a half years and yes I think the petrol units are more economical than the mokka and to be honest I like the vitara a lot more.

Li150

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:22 pm

I moved from a diesel AWD Mokka to my diesel SZ5 Allgrip and the Vitara is streets ahead in comfort, power delivery and handling. The only downside is the cabin in the Vitara feels slightly low rent in comparison, but all in all I am very pleased with my purchase Smile .
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:29 pm

Welcome to the club, like you I`ve recently ordered an SZ5 Allgrip diesel, currently have a 2009 Grand Vitara 3 door diesel, superb car, reliable and well made, I`m sure we will be very happy with the choice, as you say now for the wait, my quote is late July at present so will have to be patient!!
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Li150 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi theforestdweller,I agree the plastics are a bit on the hard side but overall I like the look of the dash and it's layout over the mokka but most of all I like the comfortable ride not so jarring as the mokka.

Li150

Back to top Go down

Post by Li150 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Hello hillclimber,I'm afraid that l'm very short on patients but hey ho we've not much choice it seems there are a lot of happy suzuki owners on this forum quite reassuring.

Li150

Back to top Go down

Post by Defke on Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:35 am

Hi, I've also just passed half of my 80 days wait for new Vitara S. I'm satisfying my curiosity by reading other people's stories in the meantime. It will be worth it in the end Smile

Defke

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:49 am

For all you guys waiting for your new wheels, let me share with you a feature which seems to happen quite frequently concerning the Radar Braking System. You can be driving along quite happily with not another car in sight, when suddenly you get a piercing alarm sound with a red flashing information screen. By the time you think what the hell is this,, everything returns to normal. Initially this was happening on a daily basis, but now it seems to have settled down and is far less frequent. As this had a habit of engaging in the same place, I concluded that it was an electronic roadside device activating the alarm rather than a fault in the system. However, it does put the wind up you when it first happens !! A very useful device is the active cruise control. When C C is in use it virtually keeps you to a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you, restoring your selected speed should you pull out into another lane to overtake.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:29 am

1 of the 2 things I dislike is the adaptive cruise control because the distance settings are too coarse and I am uncomfortable with the automatic braking that it uses. In addition the controls for it are all based on pushing buttons. On our other car we have non-adaptive which is controlled by a joystick type of arrangement so it is push in to turn on or off, lift to set, push up to increase speed and push down to decrease.
The second is the steering which is way too light for me but SWMBO loves it.
Never had any issues with the radar braking other than when someone cuts in on the m/way when using cruise. :-)
Other than those 2 things it's fine. Our first Suzuki so would we buy another? Yes.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:18 pm

There are two settings for the adaptive cruise control, long and short. I find the long acceptable, but have not experimented with the short. I am not sure whether the brakes are used to regulate speed or whether it is done through the engine. I have noticed immediately it is activated the engine revs drop; I would hope that the system does not apply the brakes as it would not be in the interests of fuel economy.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Gargreen wrote:I'm on to my third now, first was a RS Swift Sport then an AZG Swift Sport now on to the Vitara S. All been rock solid and throughly enjoyable

JOHNWALES wrote:Good luck with the car.  My SZ5 All Grip is my 4 th Suzuki,  which replaced an SX4SCross.  Both cars are fantastic,  and with the All Grip handle with precision in winter conditions. The 1.6 diesel engine is ultra economic,  and I understand the petrol units also return good consumption.

HILLCLIMBER wrote:Welcome to the club, like you I`ve recently ordered an SZ5 Allgrip diesel, currently have a 2009 Grand Vitara 3 door diesel, superb car, reliable and well made, I`m sure we will be very happy with the choice, as you say now for the wait, my quote is late July at present so will have to be patient!!

Phil wrote: Our first Suzuki so would we buy another? Yes.
Phil

Glad to hear that Suzuki is a repeat offender with other owners I thought it was a problem only I had thumbl

Not including my motorcycles, 2 Suzuki generators, 1 Suzuki water pump and a Suzuki powered Atco lawnmower, but since the age of 19 starting with a Suzuki SJ410 I have had 28 Suzuki 4x4's and 1 Suzuki Swift GTI  (no I am not a car dealer neither do i work for Suzuki Very Happy )
I can hand on heart say (touch wood) that I have never once broken down or had any mechanical failure, I have however only ever owned Suzuki petrol engines and never owned one of the Peugeot/Renault/Fiat diesels study

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Phil wrote:The second is the steering which is way too light for me but SWMBO loves it.
Phil

Sorry to go off topic but have you tried the steering with the tyres on the Comfort setting Phil?
I ran my 17" Conti's o the Comfort setting as I didn't like the road noise or harshness on the potholes and I felt the car was far more composed, moving to the 16" Yokohama's on comfort it was even better, now I have the Yokohama's at the Eco setting and it is still quieter, more comfortable and better steering than the 17" Continentals at either pressure

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Li150 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:57 pm

Karl you are suzuki through and through ha ha.

Li150

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:10 pm

Admin wrote:
Phil wrote:The second is the steering which is way too light for me but SWMBO loves it.
Phil

Sorry to go off topic but have you tried the steering with the tyres on the Comfort setting Phil?
I ran my 17" Conti's o the Comfort setting as I didn't like the road noise or harshness on the potholes and I felt the car was far more composed, moving to the 16" Yokohama's on comfort it was even better, now I have the Yokohama's at the Eco setting and it is still quieter, more comfortable and better steering than the 17" Continentals at either pressure

Karl

Yup. Running in comfort mode.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:21 pm

It could well be that the Continentals are designed for fuel economy and a low wear rate which could well be adding to the steering feeling light, I wonder if any other members have found their winter tyre choice better in the steering department?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:25 pm

JOHNWALES wrote:There are two settings for the adaptive cruise control,  long and short.  I find the long acceptable,  but have not experimented with the short.   I am not sure whether the brakes are used to regulate speed or whether it is done through the engine.  I have noticed immediately it is activated the engine revs drop;   I would hope that the system does not apply the brakes as it would not be in the interests of fuel economy.

There are 3 distance settings that are set on the steering wheel - P3-45 of the manual and 2 settings for the radar brake set using the switch in the bank on the right if the dashboard P3-64 of the manual. I'm pretty sure that under cruise control if you get too close to the vehicle in front then the brakes are applied automatically although that is probably the radar brake rather than the cruise control. If I remember I'll check it out at night as I should be able to see the brake lights come on.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Tue May 03, 2016 5:07 pm

Ordered an allgrip petrol auto in black, late February, it arrived 5 weeks later so your wait might not be too long.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Tue May 03, 2016 5:26 pm

I have the sz-t petrol vitara gone from a Renault captur which I could not get on with.up until now well impressed with the car.only done 250 miles but far better ride than the captur smoother.we will see how it is down the line abit but up and till now glad I changed.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Li150 on Tue May 03, 2016 9:58 pm

I can deal with five weeks....without pulling my hair out

Li150

Back to top Go down

Post by Li150 on Tue May 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Hicky. I think the vitara is a better looker as well.

Li150

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next