1.6 n/a petrol sz-t real fuel economy

Go down

1.6 n/a petrol sz-t real fuel economy Empty 1.6 n/a petrol sz-t real fuel economy

Post by fff on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi there,
I wonder if someone can share the average mpg he/she gets for this model.

Im a bit worried that 1.6 n/a petrol (manual transmittion i am considering) might be an engine that consumes a lot of fuel. Over here we do not have highways, its only town driving sort of..thus makes you think twice re the fuel consumptions.

Thanks in advance

fff

Back to top Go down

1.6 n/a petrol sz-t real fuel economy Empty Re: 1.6 n/a petrol sz-t real fuel economy

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:06 pm

My 1.6 petrol manual AllGrip with a/t tyres and roof bar/basket combo is normally showing around 45mpg with up to 55+ on a motorway
If you are always driving in towns the diesel is not a good idea as you will have constant dpf warnings not using it on the motorway or fast roads

Karl

P.S where do you live as your profile is not showing

Last edited by Admin on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

1.6 n/a petrol sz-t real fuel economy Empty Re: 1.6 n/a petrol sz-t real fuel economy

Post by Big_tex_uk on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:32 pm

I am very impressed with my economy. I do a mix of town and country driving. Since new (850 miles ago) it is averaging 48.5mpg.
Is a lot better than other suv vehicles I have driven including numerous diesel engine cars.

Big_tex_uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Mine is a 1.6 petrol auto, only had it nearly 3 weeks, averaging low 40's at moment, mainly short journeys/town driving. Expect it to increase a little when engine loosens up a bit.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:40 pm

We've got 3500 miles on ours now and the computery readout says 40.1. Ours is automatic though and my wife drives in binary mode - the throttle is either on or off if you get my drift. :-) So I'd reckon the quoted 49 mpg, which I recall was the number for the auto and if that is still the number after all the recent kerfuffle about emmissions, is probably a bit optimistic but not too far off.

Edit: Forgot to add that the real measurement should be done at the petrol pump - fill up, drive, then fill up again and work out true mpg. Onboard systems may display a derived number rather than an actual.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:44 pm

I have a diesel all grip and manage in excess of 60 m.p.g. However, these petrol figures seem
very good, and the savings made by buying petrol must be very tempting. The comment on dpf are very real, particularly as the engine only turns 2000 r.p.m. at 70 m.p.h.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by fff on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:32 am

Thanks for the above answers.

Petrol figures look acceptable, almost in line with utility vechiles (B segment). I guess the weight of the car helps to achieve these numbers too and with manual stick you might get slightly better numbers.

fff

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:32 am

First service coming up at end of May for my diesel. All in quote of £208; any one got any figures for the petrol models please.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down