Front footwell & centre lower console box lights

Go down

Front footwell & centre lower console box lights Empty Front footwell & centre lower console box lights

Post by Tall bloke on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:26 pm

Have just checked my new S to see if I have the centre lower console box lights as per the brochure and no I don't. Does anyone know if having the oe centre arm rest fitted affects this or have they just been missed? Anybody else not have the centre lower console box lights fitted?
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Front footwell & centre lower console box lights Empty Re: Front footwell & centre lower console box lights

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:02 pm

There are two footwell lights and one light that illuminates the USB and 12v plug, I know the footwell lights can be altered as to when and how they are switched on but not the console light?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Front footwell & centre lower console box lights Empty Re: Front footwell & centre lower console box lights

Post by Tall bloke on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:06 pm

It's the light above the USB and 12v outlet that is not coming on. Can't see anything in the settings menu to change that. If anyone knows how to change the settings I would be grateful.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:36 pm

Had a good look around the centre console area and found a slot underneath the heater controls that may be the light. It doesn't work but I have asked someone at work who also has a new vitara to see if it is a light or not. Is this where your light is Karl?
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:03 pm

I really cannot apologise enough for how bad the quality of this picture is, because of the angle, I had to take it on the lower pixel forward facing camera (well that's my excuse) Embarassed

Front footwell & centre lower console box lights Consol10

Karl

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:24 pm

I've got the Suzuki fitted arm rest and my little slot light works ok above the usb/charger sockets.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Karl, thanks for the photo. That's where I thought the light should be, but Defo not working. As I said I cannot see anything in the manual showing how to turn it on or off. Will get the garage to look at it when I have the initial check carried out. They will be fitting 2 tie down points that are missing in the boot at the same time.
RichK - don't suppose you know how to turn that light on and off do you?

Thanks
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:43 pm

Try turning your sidelights/headlights on. I've just been out to check mine and with the engine off the footwell lights come on but the centre console one doesn't until I turn the sidelights on.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:12 pm

Phil, tried it with the engine running already. I have the lights set to auto so need to check that the light doesn't only work when the
lights are switched on manually, which would not make any sense but will try anyway.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Not sure what I have done while playing with the settings, but the light is now working but is very dim. Thank you for the tips, something seems to have worked.
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:23 am

Don't think you can turn it on or off, didn't really know it was there as only drive car once in the dark, had to go and have a look. It's not a bright big light, just give a "glow" to the area.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down