Keyless entry

Go down

Keyless entry Empty Keyless entry

Post by Bowgar on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:20 pm

One of the features on my Vitara S which I find is a great benefit to me is keyless entry with engine start button.
I use the black button on my door handle/boot all the time as opposed to the keyfob. However, should I constantly be using the black button, as it seems delicate to me and may wear down over a short time and should I use my keyfob more?
Bowgar
Bowgar

Back to top Go down

Keyless entry Empty Re: Keyless entry

Post by plunet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Humm, good question Bowgar. I am also getting used to all this new fangled technology, although I have noted that the buttons on door handles have been around for a while on other vehicles.... I hadn't really noticed them before!

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Personal choice in my view. We've had keyless entry on one our other cars for 10 years and never used the fob. Having said that it is a different system and only needs to grab either of the 2 front door handles or the tailgate and it unlocks. There is also a button for locking. None of them have ever worn out and don't look like they ever will (that's the kiss of death - it'll fail tomorrow now :-)

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:10 pm

I have Keyless also on my Grand Vitara and have used it for the last two years winter and summer without any signs of wear to the rubber buttons, my GF's parents also have an older 2006 GV x-ec also with keyless and even though it has some age and mileage the rubber buttons look and work as well as new

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:10 pm

My G/Vitara x-ec had keyless entry and used it nearly all the time in the six and a half years I had it with no problems and rubber buttons as good as the day I bought the car. Was one of the reasons I had to have another car with it on.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowgar on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Thanks all for your responses! Seems to me I'll carry on doing what I've done since having the car and carry on using the rubber buttons. Very Happy
Bowgar
Bowgar

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:27 am

Yep, all useful to know, thanks!

Does anyone have any info on how secure the Suzuki keyless system is compared to others. There have been various media articles over the past few years around flaws that have been exploited with keyless systems, but a quick Google search didn't reveal anything specific about Suzuki.

It seems all the keyless systems are based on the same technology, so does the absence of bad news about suzuki keyless mean that it's escaped the bad press but probablybhas similar flaws, or is there something inherently better about it compared to those that have been highlighted in the media as being deficient.

Thanks.

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:34 am

I'd guess that because the actual number of Suzuki vehicles on the road in the UK is significantly less than say BMW any shortcomings are unlikely to make the news. The technology will be the same as other manufacturers as I would bet that Suzuki just buy it in. Lets face it if someone wants to steal a car they will. It is just a lot more difficult now which has deterred a lot of opportunist theft. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it because your insurance should cover it.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down