Vitara Colours

Go down

Vitara Colours Empty Vitara Colours

Post by plunet on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:23 am

Interested to know what people think about the range of colours available for the Vitara.

When I was looking to buy, for a while I was considering nearly new (ex Demos, or pre-reg), and there seemed to be no end of Atlantis Turquoise - which to me was the worst colour possible. And having discussed with a couple of dealers I was surprised to hear them say that Atlantis Turquoise was the most popular colour being sold, although one did indicate that some people saw Atlantis Turquoise and Horizon Orange as a bit marmite (you either love it or hate it). And the range of colours for the Vitara S is even more limited.

Vitara

Superior White [no extra cost]
Silky Silver
Galactic Grey (black roof option)
Cosmic Black Perl (white roof option)
Atlantis Turquoise (black roof option)
Horizon Orange (black roof option)
Bright Red (black roof option)

Vitara S

Bright Red [no extra cost]
Cool White Pearl Metallic
Cosmic Black Pearl
Galactic Grey Metallic

So far I have only seen one other new Vitara locally so it's hard to say what others are buying. What do others think of the colours available and what have they seen out and about on the roads?

plunet

Back to top Go down

Vitara Colours Empty Re: Vitara Colours

Post by RichK on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:50 pm

There is a Savannah ivory one as well now with a black roof. I wanted a dark metallic red car this time around but wasn't keen on the bright solid red. Opted for the two tone Horizon orange/black, have done all the other colours on cars, love black but get fed up washing them all the time, only time they look good is soon as it's cleaned. As you say Horizon orange a bit marmite but wife liked it Rolling Eyes . Have seen about half a dozen around of various colours.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:36 pm

I have the turquoise with black roof.the only colour I have seen round here is 3 other cars the same colour of mine.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Have only seen 3 Vitaras since I bought mine last October. One turquoise/black the same as mine plus one white and a silver(I think) Vitara S.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:26 pm

I have the Orange / Black, colour tends to grow on you. Would have preferred the turquoise / black but it is the car you drive not the paint.
Am off to Austria and Germany in just over 3 weeks; 3000 miles to be added. JUst can't wait.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Defke on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:41 am

Every country has a different set of available colours.
For example Vitara S in Britain has only one-tone colours, yet in Italy they have exclusively two-tone colours. In Serbia we have both,
I wanted to get red-black one but it was impossible to get a hold of, so I had to settle for cool white pearl. I will fit a black roof foil when I get it since I really like how two-tone combination looks on Vitara. It makes a somewhat bland back end more dynamic.

Defke

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:00 am

I have nearly always had Black Suzuki's but due to various things I realised I no longer have the time to keep on top of Black paintwork, it looks great when you clean it but now living down a gravel drive it was either muddy or dusty 5 minutes later hence having the Grey/Black combination
When the Vitara was launched I thought the Orange and Blue would look great in sunny climates but not so great on a dull day in December in the UK, having seen a few on the road I think with either a Black roof or a Black rugged pack it works a lot better than I expected

A colour missing I think is a dark green which has always been popular on Jimny's and Grand Vitara'a out in the sticks

Locally I know of several white Vitara's which seems to be the most popular, an Orange/Black combo and several solid Grey ones I see on a regular basis

Defke wrote:...... I will fit a black roof foil when I get it since I really like how two-tone combination looks on Vitara

I have seen this vinyl wrap on the side pillars of a Dutch Vitara leaving the roof oe colour which I think looks effective...

Vitara Colours 10712411

Vitara Colours 10712412

Vitara Colours 10712410

JOHNWALES wrote:........Am off to Austria and Germany in just over 3 weeks; 3000 miles to be added. JUst can't wait.

And we can't wait for your pictures and drive report on your return thumbl

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:36 am

Twin pipes on the rear?
Is that an after market exhaust?

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:56 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Looks good, nice wheels, unsure of the side steps though. Was going to fit some on mine but now think the car doesn't warrant them in my opinion and the ones on the car above look very low. They are the same as I had on my GV which was handy for the grand kids clambering in but the Vitara seems a lot lower.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:49 pm

Saw a different colour combination today at my local dealer, white with turquoise roof etc on a 65 plate, not seen that colour scheme listed anywhere, it had an RNLI sticker in the windscreen so possibly a special nautical version!
I can`t say it`s my cup of tea but each to his own, the red and black SZ5 on display was virtually on fire in the strong sunlight, hopefully mine is not to far away now, heard last weekend that the status had changed from production to allocated, not too long now hopefully although at current progress we might be waiting for a 66 plate!
Certainly seem to be quite a few Vitaras around here (North Devon) met a couple of delightful older ladies with an SZ5  Allgrip diesel last week and they were over the moon with it, (Rav 4 previously) so bodes well, according to the driver she was getting 64 mpg on a run and 55 around our local steep and twisty roads, very impressive.
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Dealers tend the dress cars up, sending them for their own paint jobs etc.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulpian on Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:21 am

I'm odd. I hate black cars, the definition just disappears and they look dirty and dreary. Red comes a close second in my dislike stakes, except for the Renault red, which I thought I liked, but have grown to dislike, a lot. I think the Vitara looks great in turquoise and I might have had that colour, but I have the S, so I got grey again. Grey always looks smart and works in most light, and the door cases look good when the doors are opened. The orange looked wonderful in the showroom, but again, in daylight... Not really. White can work and suits the angularity of the Vitara well.

It's all very subjective, except for black: no! But black is fashionable so what do I know.

Ulpian

Back to top Go down

Post by terryk on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:11 pm

A case of colour reversal...........

terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Post by Goudrons on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:53 am

There's a white one just appeared on our road, much to the Mrs dismay.

Every now and then a Grey one appears in the works carpark, same colour and spec as we've just ordered, but they're obviously shy of the car wash as it's always covered in bird crap.

We might have gone for white if you could get it with a black roof, the ivory/black just looks a bit murky to start with.

Best car colour I've seen for a while is Citroens "jelly red" that's available on the C4 Catsarse.
The car is a horrid, flimsy piece of merde, but that colour seems to suit it.

Goudrons

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Mon May 01, 2017 5:26 pm

I am a fan of the Horizon Orange but the best colour I think on the S is Pearl White.

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattly on Mon May 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Mines white looks good with black grill and rugged pack
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down