QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL

Go down

QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL Empty QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:35 pm

Anyone that has removed a wheel from their Vitara will know that instead of conventional wheel studs on previous Vitara's the 2015>Vitara uses wheel bolts which when replacing a wheel can be a bit of a juggle jocolor

On the early Suzuki SX4 you were supplied in the tool kit with an alignment pin that you screwed into the hub and helped locate/support the wheel while you fitted the wheel bolts then unscrewed to replace the last bolt

QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL Tool_k10

I have not yet found the genuine Suzuki part# for this pin seperate but found a non o/e kit of two in a plastic case usually for under £10

Quick Align Wheel Tool - M12 x 1.5 Thread - Suzuki Fitment

QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL Quick-10

http://www.autoinparts.com/Wheel_nuts,_bolts,_locks,_spacers_and_accessories-Quick_Align_Wheel_Tool/c628_962/p112619/Quick_Align_Wheel_Tool_-_M12_x_1.5_Thread_-_Suzuki_Fitment/product_info.html

QUICK ALIGN wrote:The "Quick Align" Wheel Tool assists in lining up the wheel bolt holes quickly and effortlessly every time. Simply screw the tool into one of the bolt holes in the wheel hub and slide the wheel over it.

Key features include:

• Makes fitting a spare wheel quick and easy, at anytime - day or night
• Helps prevent personal injury when fitting large and heavy wheels
• Helps prevent damage to the wheel face
• Helps eliminate cross threading of bolts
• Assists lining up of spacers and wheels
• Manufactured from high tensile steel
• Handy size glove storage case

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL Empty Re: QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL

Post by Prokopas on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:30 pm

Nice one Karl
Prokopas
Prokopas

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 04, 2016 12:39 am

Genuine part number now found....

Part# 09119-12022

QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL Wheel_10

You may think this is something you will never need but is a great help with wheels like the Vitara that use bolts instead of studs

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed May 04, 2016 8:52 am

Did not realise this !!! The 17 inch tyres are heavy enough to lug around without a wheel attached. Guess the emergency repair kit has some good points. Approaching 72, I would not want to be finding the slot for the wheel bolts on a cold winter night in pouring rain.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 04, 2016 9:12 am

The alignment tool was UK supplied with the SX4/Sedici, not sure if it was in the S-Cross but I have definitely not seen one included in a UK spec Vitara although the tool tray has a bespoke slot for it...

QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL Spare_10

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Wed May 04, 2016 10:30 pm

JOHNWALES wrote:Did not realise this !!!   The 17 inch tyres are heavy enough to lug around without a wheel attached.   Guess the emergency repair kit has some good points.   Approaching 72,  I would not want to be finding the slot for the wheel bolts on a cold winter night in pouring rain.

I`m in complete agreement, bolt on wheels can be a real pain even in a workshop unless there is a decent register on the hub to at least take the weight of the wheel,(and by the way are modern alloy wheels getting heavier or is it me?) I`m a great believer in studs and nuts, the fact that the wheels use bolts makes me wonder just how much of the drivetrain etc on the new Vitara is Fiat based along with the diesel engine, do we have anyone on here with any extra knowledge?
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 04, 2016 11:34 pm

Only the Diesel Engine and 6 Speed gearbox is Fiat based, Fiat used the earlier SX4 4WD system on the Sedici/SX4 venture but looking under the 500X it is a different system and appears the same as the Jeep Renegade

Hopefully the Fiat Diesel set up has improved with the S-Cross and Vitara as the SX4/Sedici Diesels were more troublesome than the Suzuki petrol engine and gearbox versions

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu May 05, 2016 6:58 am

Admin wrote:Only the Diesel Engine and 6 Speed gearbox is Fiat based, Fiat used the earlier SX4 4WD system on the Sedici/SX4 venture but looking under the 500X it is a different system and appears the same as the Jeep Renegade

Hopefully the Fiat Diesel set up has improved with the S-Cross and Vitara as the SX4/Sedici Diesels were more troublesome than the Suzuki petrol engine and gearbox versions

Karl

Couldn't be more correct. Anything stamped FPT on the diesel I's Fiat Power train. The biggest issue on the older diesel units were failing or blocked EGR valves. This issues (so far) seems to have been addressed on the newer units.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Thu May 05, 2016 7:44 am

What made me enquire about the running gear was the fact that every Suzuki I`ve seen has had wheel studs and nuts but Fiat have used bolts since God was a boy.
I thought the six speed manual transmission on our test drive car was superb and to be honest I`ve never experienced a bad Fiat engine although all my experience was with petrol versions, but judging by the number of motorhomes using Fiat diesels what ever the badge on the front might say, they must be well proven by now.
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 05, 2016 9:05 am

It would be interesting to see what Suzuki's reliability rate would be on petrol models compared to diesels, although I think Suzuki was recently 3rd in the reliability charts it may have been even better without the diesel issues
I was in Japan a few years back and found you could not buy diesel cars new any longer hence most of the Japanese manufacturers using Renault/Peugeot/Fiat diesels outside of Japan rather than develop their own units at great cost
In my experience using one manufacturers engine on another's transmission rarely works 100% and I know from local owners and reading world wide that the Renault 1.9 Grand Vitara has had horrific reliability issue unlike the petrol units

After the initial LJ80/whizzkid/alto/st80 models Suzuki imported in the late 70's Suzuki had huge success with SJ410 and SJ413 models to the extent that they outsold their yearly import quota's, I remember my local Suzuki dealer at the time arranged day trips via coach to Holland where there were no import restrictions and you could buy a RHD SJ413 , drive minimal kilometers on the Dutch sea front and then return home as a personal import, some people were even making a profit such was the demand
Suzuki got wind of the import restrictions and the Dutch day trips so then opened a joint venture with Santana motors in Spain to get around import restrictions, the only downside to this and where unheard of Suzuki warranty's started was that there had to be a percentage of European parts used. Although it may have worked on European cars Bosch, Magnetti and Hella electrics played havoc with the Japanese products so much so that dealers working on warranty claims would order Japanese branded parts to eliminate seeing the vehicle again

Santana quality was awful (they used to make Land Rovers) and it it finally closed down after the end of the Jimny soft top production, meanwhile Suzuki had opened Magyar Suzuki in Hungary where our Vitaras are made and the quality although not Japanese 100% is not far behind

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 05, 2016 9:09 am

I think wheel bolts is a Magyar thing where Suzuki build models for Vauxhall /Opel who also use wheel bolts rather than nuts, I think all the Japanese build Suzukis use nuts

Personally I would not mind retro fitting studs onto my Vitara

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Fri May 06, 2016 11:40 am

Genuine tool arrived this morning. Available for next day delievry with any Suzuki dealer - £7.33+VAT

QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL 20160516.

QUICK ALIGN WHEEL TOOL 20160515

Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara5 on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:24 pm

Just had this very problem! What a job to get the wheel aligned, and stay reasonably clean. Had a tiny piece of gravel trapped behind the brake disc rear dust plate which sounded like a banshee and on orders of the management, had to sort it in a supermarket car park. Luckily a guy walking past came to have a look and helped me position the wheel! Cost me a beer this time!
On a theme of 'missing items' within a similar area, on repacking the jack etc, I noticed there was no emergency triangle anywhere to be seen.
I thought they were a legal necessity for Europe, and every car I have had over the last 20 odd years has come with one.
Anyone else noticed this, or actually got one with the car?
Alan

Tiara5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Tiara5 wrote:Just had this very problem! What a job to get the wheel aligned, and stay reasonably clean. Had a tiny piece of gravel trapped behind the brake disc rear dust plate which sounded like a banshee and on orders of the management, had to sort it in a supermarket car park. Luckily a guy walking past came to have a look and helped me position the wheel! Cost me a beer this time!
On a theme of 'missing items' within a similar area, on repacking the jack etc, I noticed there was no emergency triangle anywhere to be seen.
I thought they were a legal necessity for Europe, and every car I have had over the last 20 odd years has come with one.
Anyone else noticed this, or actually got one with the car?
Alan

The pint cost more than the tool I expect. The triangle, not a legal requirement in the UK. Mostly for driving on the continent, France and so on.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:54 pm

These tools are available on ebay from £6.49, just make sure of the thread. Of course a bolt of this thread with the head cut off and a screw driver slot cut in the top will do the job.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:16 pm

Changing a Suzuki wheel - Uggggghhhhhhhh

Not a job for a cold winters night with the rain lashing down, and passing traffic spraying you with surface water.
Surely in this day and age someone could develop a solid tyre that provided some comfort, and did not require air or repair. I guess the leading brand makers are dead against going down this path.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Badfx on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:35 pm

My French registered Vitara came with a warning triangle and a Hi-Vis vest. It is law in France to have both and the vest has to be accessible from inside the car.

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara5 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Just got back from our latest trip to Normandy and we have always carried a triangle and hi-vis vests. Also just renewed the breathalyser things as they are dated. You dont have to carry them I believe but we still carry them. Bought a couple of triangles from the bay some while ago, Circa £4 each. Bit tight of Suzuki not to include them though.
Had a nail in a tyre just prior to going over, so replaced a pair and bought a steel spare with blackcircles 'quality' tyre for security. £90 all in.
Nearest thing to solid tyres is run flats! BMW fit them and they work! The lower profile the tyre though, the more the TPMS is essential!

Tiara5

Back to top Go down

Post by Badfx on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:33 pm

The last I heard is that it is law in France to carry a breathalyser but there is no penalty for not doing so. No one bothers and the Fuzz don't bother as there is nothing they can do. It's an odd situation that I'm sure will get put right at some pointime.

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down