SUV tyres for Vitara

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SUV tyres for Vitara - Page 2 Empty Re: SUV tyres for Vitara

Post by Jester on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:53 am

The Yokohama I linked to above are HTS not ATS.

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by marios.iona on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:02 am

i know man. i was talking to karl about the ATS. for 17'' 215 55 17 i like Michelin CrossClimate

marios.iona

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:34 am

I am not 100% sure on sizes currently available but Yokohama have released in the last month or so the Geolandar G015, may be worth a search to check if oe Vitara sizes are available

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:14 am

Something we have also overlooked here and I presume is not only the UK is that a non standard size tyre would have to be declared to your insurance company which we all know is a licence to extract large sums of money from you

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:26 pm

I think I am going to go for the Cooper Weathermasters S/T2 Currently £66.66 at Tyre Leader, they are the right size.

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by marios.iona on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:19 pm

Karl= 1 step ahead. Thats why ur admin. Keep as inform friend. Jester we whait for review. The new vitara allgrip system seems to be very cabable off road. It really worth better shoes than stock to prove it self in the "wild".

marios.iona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulpian on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:07 pm

I'd like Michelin all weathers on mine, I do live in southern England and with four wheel drive that should do, but I don't think I can justify the cost of removing four perfectly good new tyres, and I don't want to keep replacing tyres on the same rims every spring if I buy dedicated winter tyres. A conundrum. I suspect that even with clever four wheel drive it's the tyres that make the difference to the grip on ordinary roads, not the transmission. Correct or not?

I put proper winter tyres on my Doblo for three years and it made a big difference, even in just the cold and dry.

Ulpian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:57 am

Not dropped the hammer on my tyre choice yet.

I did some unexpected green laning yesterday in Lincolnshire yesterday after visiting the fords at Little Cawthorpe then taking a wrong turn.

I continue to be impressed by the allgrip system on my 1.4s - even with the OEM Continentals fitted any reasons for getting stuck are my fault and I have always managed to extricate myself without external assistance. The allgrip system also performed brilliantly on the sands of Skegness and I could really tell the difference between auto (dug itself in) and lock modes with the car instantly digging itself out when lock mode was engaged.

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:41 am

After putting this off for far too long I have dropped the hammer on a replacement set of these from mytyres.co.uk at a cost of £120 each.

http://www.bfgoodrich.co.uk/gb/ranges/Car-Range/BFGoodrich-R-g-Grip-sup-All-Season-2-sup

Having them delivered to my supplying Suzuki dealership for fitting so no excuses for breaking any pressure sensors Smile

Will let you know how they perform.

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:19 am

Look forward to your views on the BFG, they certainly look close to Michelin Alpin A4's....

G Grip...

SUV tyres for Vitara - Page 2 Bfgood10

Alpin A4....

SUV tyres for Vitara - Page 2 520x5410

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zukiara on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:22 am

Ohh snap, I find them rather good actually Smile
zukiara
zukiara

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Well mytyres.co.uk are a complete shower for cancelling my order then wanting much more to supply them and not being able to give me a date. Evil or Very Mad

However it turned out alright because a local supplier supplied the same tyres for £102 each and delivered the next day (today). Because my Suzuki dealer decided to up the fitting cost from previously quoted I have already had them fitted at the place next door Shocked

Heading up to multiple green lanes and fords in North Yorkshire this weekend and North Scotland the weekend after. Will let you know how I get on. Smile

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2