Nearly there bought September delivered to dealer February.

Go down

Nearly there bought September delivered to dealer February. Empty Nearly there bought September delivered to dealer February.

Post by charlie on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Joined yesterday in anticipation of my new SZ5 1.6 petrol allgrip with rugged pack in galactic grey with black roof arriving. It was ordered in September with a delivery time of 4 - 6 weeks, it arrived at the dealers yesterday 1st February! so far I have a sparewheel and a 2 year service contract as compensation,my trade in valuation has stayed as it was at point of sale, the biggest bugbear was lack of communication from the dealers and to further complicate matters the salesman left? and the sales manager left? . The new salesmanager has been a breath of fresh air, phoned me on a regular basis with updates, prior to that I had to chase up the dealers and all I got were emails. To be honest the "new car " excitement had left me but having looked through the site last night I am looking forward to my new car.
Previous Suzuki's have been 2 bikes and a Jimny that was my wife's but I loved it. My previous cars have been Renault Laguna III (bought cheap for work), KIA Sportage - loved it 65000 miles without a problem went where other cars couldn't so I look forward to my Vitara as soon as the dealers have done PDI and I can arrange to pick it up.
Sorry to ramble on, keep up the good work of finding products to enhance the Vitara.
charlie
charlie

Back to top Go down

Nearly there bought September delivered to dealer February. Empty Re: Nearly there bought September delivered to dealer February.

Post by Phil on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Does seem to be a bit of a postcode lottery/dealer incompetence issue with delivery. I ordered an SZ5 Allgrip petrol auto black over red on the 6th Nov and took delivery 4 weeks later. Dealer was fine with regular updates etc

Welcome to the forum.
Make sure you check out some of the upgrade threads like this one http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t93-led-sidelight-bulbs - cheap,easy to do and do make a difference.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Nearly there bought September delivered to dealer February. Empty Re: Nearly there bought September delivered to dealer February.

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:12 pm

Welcome to the Forum Charlied!

Sorry to hear of your delivery delays but glad the forum has put a spark back into the delivery of your Vitara

Your specification/colour sounds identical to mine, if it softens the blow mine took near enough 6 months for delivery but certainly worth the wait as I'm sure other members will agree

Keep us posted on your delivery and we look forward to some pictures up there in Scotland

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:35 pm

Thanks guys, dealer has phoned collect car tomorrow, nice one Phil , bulbs wil be one of the first things I do thanks.
charlie
charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:47 pm

Interested in the spare wheel Charlied, is it full size or a space saver. If full size what is the situation regards fitting in the back.

Good luck with your motor, you have been very patient !!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi John, not sure but I am assuming a space saver, was not concerned as I got it free of charge, I would have gone out and got one anyway as I am am not a fan of the new fangled aerosol glupe.
charlie
charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Finally got the car, love it, though more dealer incomptence, picked up the car, brought it home and realised dealer had fitted the wrong number plates, sales manager and mechanic had to come and change them. (oh and the spare is a spacesaver)
Chrome indicator bulbs fitted, LED sidelights fitted, dashcam fitted,interior LED bulbs and door visors on order now have to decide on suzuki armrest or 3rd party ie Armster 2.
Has anyone ordered from Aliexpress.com, some nice bits and pieces at good prices but not sure of quality, delivery etc.

Charlie
charlie
charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Glad to hear you finally got he car sorted and your enjoying it, sounds like you have been busy with all the extra's Very Happy

Aliexpress is good but can be a long wait averaging 4 weeks plus on delivery, possibly even longer with the current Chinese New Year

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Good luck with the car. I have seen somewhere that the armrest is priced at over £200. But I had mine supplied and fitted at Burton Suzuki for around £120. At that price it is probably worth it.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Charlied, will be interested to hear what your fuel consumption is ?

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:47 pm

Yep busy with the extras Karl cos you keep posting them on here Laughing, my wife is starting to give me that look as the postman walks up to the door.
As an aside bonnet protectors due in next tues with wolftan.
john wales £120 for armrest is def worth it.
Fuel consumption will not be that good at the moment, short journeys, getting used to biting point etc. Not that convinced with in car mpg figures will do a tank to tank measure when i get the chance.
charlie
charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie on Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:44 pm

JOHNWALES wrote:Charlied,  will be interested to hear what your fuel consumption is ?
Sooner than expected did a 138 mile round trip today on all types of road and some in rush hour traffic, display is showing 46mpg.
charlie
charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:08 pm

46 m.p.g. is extremely good. The arm rest incidentally was £120 plus VAT , £144 in all.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by gvwow on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:14 am

Hi All sane here in Australia ordered late September got late February, all good . fuel, km new 7.2 per hundred as running in.
problems only navigation will not get out of Canberra we are in Brisbane ( any one know what we are doing wrong)
we will take back to dealers as at 1000 km will ask to fix then, but very happy.

regards leo
gvwow
gvwow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down