My Vitara Dillema

Go down

My Vitara Dillema Empty My Vitara Dillema

Post by Spruce on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi all,

Great to see this forum up and kicking. All the reviews aside, hard to find real Vitara owner reviews, so it's nice to be here.

I'm looking to get the Vitara in Romania, but I have a couple of concerns before ordering. Maybe some of you have similar experiences or feedback you could share...

The local dealership has a two tone 1.6 DDiS Galactic Grey with Black top on the lot. It's got all the right trim for me (Spirit model, here) but would have really liked the Ivory/Black combo. Ok, big deal, just order it and wait a couple of months, right? Well, a couple of friends and I are planing a Euro trip, in the new car, for mid-June. And here I am, where the top post is all about delivery delays...especially on the two tones.

Bottom line, I'm sure the dealership will promise that the April delivery date is written in stone, but I just don't believe that. Sure, it might happen and everyone's happy, OR, they push back, and back, and back...and the vacation plans are out the window.

It sounds kinda petty, but it's also very important to me. Oh, and another tiny detail, I'd save 800 Euros on the lot model.

Any thoughts?

Spruce

Back to top Go down

My Vitara Dillema Empty Re: My Vitara Dillema

Post by Admin on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:51 am

I cant speak for Romania but it seems in the UK deliveries are taking around a month with some dealers even having two tone vitaras in stock, the UK I think has more 2wd than AllGrip
I was in a similar situation last year and postponed my holiday twice hoping for delivery of my Vitara.....i eventually went on holiday in Italy and my Vitara was delivered a week later 8-(
Like you I could have had another colour within the month but I am glad I waited for the Grey/Black
Does your dealership have a demo vehicle, perhaps you could arrange that if your car is not delivered in time they will loan you their demo vitara for your vacation, my local dealer offered this but I needed 4wd so used my Grand Vitara instead, Suzuki GB then gave me nearly £300 worth of accessories due to delivery delays

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Badfx on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:23 pm

My Vitara is just one colour (Galactic Grey) and my dealer in France told me it would be 3 months for delivery. It only took 6 weeks.

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Post by Spruce on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:58 pm

Thanks for the heads up both of you. I think I'll end up going with the Savannah Ivory, just waiting on some info from the dealer. Good to hear it can be surprisingly quick as well.
Maybe I should post another thread, but even considering picking it up myself...I'm close to Hungary!

Spruce

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:00 pm

I have been to Budapest on a 24hr flying visit and would like to return, I have often wondered if they do a factory tour?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spruce on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:09 am

Good question Karl, it would be interesting wouldn't it? I did ask the dealer and he said they don't allow pick-ups, but who knows, they may take an enthusiast in for a visit...

Also, took the risk and went for the Ivory/Black Diesel All Grip....Let's hope it's here in April!

Spruce

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Fingers crossed for your delivery in time, did the dealers seem confident it would be ok for April delivery?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:49 pm

ordered mine beginning of march and pick it up Saturday so not bad.two tone sz-t petrol .turquoise body black roof.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum