Is really Vitara S that faster and more flexible than basic Vitara?

Go down

Is really Vitara S that faster and more flexible than basic Vitara? Empty Is really Vitara S that faster and more flexible than basic Vitara?

Post by Diemou on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:17 pm

Hello Guys.

After I bought my Vitara Elegance ( the highest version ) Suzuki announced Vitara S which is only 1300 euros more than I paid.

I have noticed that basic 1.6 Vitara has Red rpm from 6,500 rpm and Vitara S from 6,000 rpm.

In overall I am very satisfied with car performance and AT gear.

I wanted to hear from someone who managed to drive Vitara 1,6 and Vitara S.

I saw video of Vitara 1,6 compared to Vitara S and performance was almost unnoticeable Smile

What do you think?

Diemou

Back to top Go down

Is really Vitara S that faster and more flexible than basic Vitara? Empty Re: Is really Vitara S that faster and more flexible than basic Vitara?

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:56 am

There is a current trend with most car manufacturers to produce smaller engines with a large turbo and some with very positive results

I have yet to try a 1.4 Turbo but like you I am pleased with the performance of the 1.6, in Sport mode I find it lively and fun to drive

Anyone out there tried a 1.4 yet?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Is really Vitara S that faster and more flexible than basic Vitara? Empty Re: Is really Vitara S that faster and more flexible than basic Vitara?

Post by gatoz on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Admin wrote:There is a current trend with most car manufacturers to produce smaller engines with a large turbo and some with very positive results

I have yet to try a 1.4 Turbo but like you I am pleased with the performance of the 1.6, in Sport mode I find it lively and fun to drive

Anyone out there tried a 1.4 yet?

Karl
As you know i have one...
And yes the performance is in another level.
Actually i have tested both the 1.6 petrol and diesel.
For my taste, 1.6 petrol does not have enough torque but revs higher (boosterjet revs up to 6k) and the diesel has torque but very limited workable rpms. That made me initially to drop vitara from my list.
When the turbo announced, the vitara returned in my list since my previous cars where turbos (tsi,delta di, pug 508).
If i compare it with the pug (160hp) it is much faster, with the 5g golf gt (170hp) equal and only looses by the 200hp delta... In another thread i have posted a pic of the s making 200km/hour. It was very easy to get there, pretty relaxing and still there was some power left for maybe 10-15 more km/h (i do not push it to the very limits, just to the limits...)
Also when off road, the torque helped me to get out of really bad situations...
There is a big drawback, when you push you pay. My average is 8lt/100.
So if performance is the question, boosterjet is a winner. But if 'enough' performance and good economy is the target, 1.6 is better.
gatoz
gatoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Thanks for the review and a sensible one too
On the twisty uk roads the Allgrip in sport mode is great fun so I am looking forward to the 1.4

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Diemou on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:06 pm

gatoz wrote:As you know i have one...
And yes the performance is in another level.
Actually i have tested both the 1.6 petrol and diesel.
For my taste, 1.6 petrol does not have enough torque but revs higher (boosterjet revs up to 6k) and the diesel has torque but very limited workable rpms. That made me initially to drop vitara from my list.
When the turbo announced, the vitara returned in my list since my previous cars where turbos (tsi,delta di, pug 508).
If i compare it with the pug (160hp) it is much faster, with the 5g golf gt (170hp) equal and only looses by the 200hp delta... In another thread i have posted a pic of the s making 200km/hour. It was very easy to get there, pretty relaxing and still there was some power left for maybe 10-15 more km/h (i do not push it to the very limits, just to the limits...)
Also when off road, the torque helped me to get out of really bad situations...
There is a big drawback, when you push you pay. My average is 8lt/100.
So if performance is the question, boosterjet is a winner. But if 'enough' performance and good economy is the target, 1.6 is better.

Well once I got more mileage I will test it more and see how powerful is 1.6 vvt. So far on sport mode with AT it works quite well. It can be fast and flexible.
My avg is 8,1 l /100 on AUTO atm. I dont find it really economy but it is because most likely Im pushing because I like to rev it. With revs performance builds up.
I cant roll back time back to get Vitara S Very Happy but Im happy anyway. Thanks for your input.

Diemou

Back to top Go down

Post by Spruce on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:13 pm

It's interesting that when I went into the dealership I asked about the Boosterjet version and the salesman outright said it wasn't worth the money and I'd be better off with the savings and the diesel. Not to mention there weren't any planned on the production line until late in the year...

Spruce

Back to top Go down

Post by Diemou on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:32 pm

Spruce wrote:It's interesting that when I went into the dealership I asked about the Boosterjet version and the salesman outright said it wasn't worth the money and I'd be better off with the savings and the diesel. Not to mention there weren't any planned on the production line until late in the year...

From videos I saw it has slightly better performance. But it is up to you. 1.6 is more reliable than having turbo.

Diemou

Back to top Go down

Post by gatoz on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:51 pm

From auto pult (hun mag) real measurements
km/h 1.6 2wd man 1.4s 4wd man 1.6d 4wd man
0-40 2.30 2.08 2.31
0-60 4.30 4.11 4.16
0-80 6.75 5.98 7.27
0-100 10.23 9.09 10.50
4g 4g 4g
60-100 11.80 7.93 6.44

So, yes the values are close except the torque...
gatoz
gatoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Diemou on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:54 pm

gatoz wrote:From auto pult (hun mag) real measurements
km/h       1.6 2wd man   1.4s 4wd man   1.6d 4wd man
0-40         2.30                2.08                     2.31
0-60         4.30                4.11                     4.16
0-80         6.75                5.98                     7.27
0-100       10.23               9.09                    10.50
               4g                   4g                        4g
60-100      11.80              7.93                     6.44

So, yes the values are close except the torque...

Good find. Thanks for input. Idea

Diemou

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall bloke on Sat May 07, 2016 9:57 pm

Have had our S for 3 weeks now and put 700 miles on the clock. I have to say it is really nice to drive and very comfortable. We drove an SZ5 during a 30 minute road test and the S feels so much more powerful. Have not really pushed it yet, but did have a little play in sport mode. Again was very impressive. My last car was a 2 Ltr Passat S which was quick. For a big car it was fast, for a little car I think the same of the S. We have the Auto gearbox which is really smooth and impressive.
We also test drove a Hyundai Tucson 1.6, a Honda Hr-v and a Kia Sportage. The performance of the vitara is much better. The Hyundai felt like it had no power at all and needed to be wound up, the Honda was not much better but road noise was really bad and the Kia was just OK. All in all the S is proving to be a great car and we really have not noticed a drop of performance from our Passat(saying that, we have not been on a long motorway trip yet).
Tall bloke
Tall bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun May 08, 2016 8:39 am

I've driven every Vitara in the range and do so on a daily basis. For me, it's the S every time. I was about to pull the trigger on an SZ5 petrol until I heard the S was in the pipeline and boy am I glad I held off.

One of the biggest selling points for me was the 6 Speed transmission which I feel the 1.6 should have.

The M16A engine (1.6 petrol) has been tried and tested for years, through G.V to Swift Sport. It's rock solid and reliable and loves to be revved, you can throw the kitchen sink at it and would come back for more. But! And it's a big but for me, just lacks that little something.p which the K14C has.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sun May 08, 2016 10:44 pm

I have the sz-t and I have to use the gearbox a lot more than I did on the diesel 1.6 capture.it seems that it needs to be a wider gap between changes on the sz-t petrol.i seem to be changing gears a lot more on vitara than the captur.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down