LED Headlights are set far too high

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LED Headlights are set far too high - Page 2 Empty Re: LED Headlights are set far too high

Post by Dorset-tx on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

From new the headlights on my SZ5 were set too high, so much so I would be flashed an average of once every mile on local Dorset A roads. Back to dealer for alignment, came back set sensibly. Still get flashed occasionally on brows of hills as they seem to be anti socially bright. The are actually brighter than main beam! I now turn the headlights off when passing people in the passing places on single track roads. Rang Suzuki customer care, obviously a regular complaint as they had the response down pat. They are legal but it has been raised as an issue with the factory or words to that effect.

Dorset-tx

Back to top Go down

LED Headlights are set far too high - Page 2 Empty Re: LED Headlights are set far too high

Post by Gar Green on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:15 pm

I get some people flashing me in lanes etc, I just give them some laser eye surgery to prove they're my dipped lights.

Last edited by Gargreen on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Lexus, Toyota, Hyundai,Jaguar etc all have LED lighting on certain models and all appear as though they are on main beam, is it an issue or just the fact we are not used to oncoming traffic having decent lighting?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Admin wrote:Lexus, Toyota, Hyundai,Jaguar etc all have LED lighting on certain models and all appear as though they are on main beam, is it an issue or just the fact we are not used to oncoming traffic having decent lighting?

Karl

Gone are the days of candles in jars I'd say.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:47 pm

I took my Vitara to my local independent and asked for the lights to be checked. They are within the MOT limits apparently. I was shown the readings on the beam setter but they didn't mean much to me. Having re-read this thread I'll look to see where the manual adjustment is and learn about the settings displayed on the beam setter with a view to either adjusting myself or going back to the dealer with more knowledge - especially if it turns out the lights CAN be physically adjusted lower despite their assurances they are as low as possible.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:27 pm

I have the sz-t and I am getting flashed on dipped . I have turned the setting down halfway.i don't know if I have led on this car??.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:14 am

hicky wrote:I have the sz-t and I am getting flashed on dipped . I have turned the setting down halfway.i don't know if I have led on this car??.

You'll have you're standard fit headlamp Ina SZ-T.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:22 pm

Gargreen wrote:Gone are the days of candles in jars I'd say.

You may be onto something there Gar, what I have noticed is oncoming traffic with HID or LED rarely flash but standard headlight drivers do, are peoples eyesight more adjusted to our LED's if they are driving HID/LED equipped vehicles instead of the "candle in a jar"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1771460/

If you google "led headlights too bright" you can read everything from Prius to Range Rover owners being flashed by oncoming traffic, they cant all be wrongly adjusted headlights?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor120 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:56 am

I followed a friend home a couple of days ago and saw him last night and he thought I was flashing him. I have seen a couple of people appear to have this problem.Mine is going back to dealers tomorrow to have them checked as I don't want somebody pulling out from a junction in front of me thinking I have flashed to let them out when I haven't.
Razor120
Razor120

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:42 am

Has anyone tried adjusting this , which was mentioned earlier in the topic. Mine are fine so I am wary about touching it.

LED Headlights are set far too high - Page 2 Wp_20110

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor120 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:07 pm

I have and it does appear to lower and higher them but will see what the dealer says tomorrow
Razor120
Razor120

Back to top Go down

Post by crozier on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:54 pm

Does anyone know if there's a servo that drives the dipped beam self levelling assembly? If so, where is it? Assuming there is one, then there has to be an actuator and that has to be governed by the load on the rear suspension. Keeping with that thought, and recalling what I mentioned before about the VX/Opel Insignia, then there has to be a device on the rear suspension that delivers info to the server. That's where the adjustment is needed. If you just adjust the LED bulb at the headlight then the level will once again be wrong when the rear of the car is loaded up.

Same problem on the VX/Opel and same solutions about adjusting the bulb that turned out to be wrong. Of course, if there is no servo then how do they do that? Shocked

crozier

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor120 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:48 am

Well interestingly I lowered mine prior to taking in to dealers to get it checked. Went to dealer for them to be checked and they said they were fine (didn't tell them I had slightly lowered them).
Razor120
Razor120

Back to top Go down

Post by alec on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:30 pm

Haven't been flashed In the three weeks (500miles) I've owned mine.
Including a trip back from Calais to Woking with 125 litres of wine in the boot
alec
alec

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:59 am

ALEC off topic sorry. How is Calais these days ? I was put off the wine trips last year by repeated disruptions by industrial unrest causing autoroute and port blockades!!!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by alec on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:04 am

JOHNWALES wrote:ALEC    off topic sorry.   How is Calais these days ?  I was put off the wine trips last year by repeated disruptions by industrial unrest causing autoroute and port blockades!!!

We always use the Eurotunnel and that has been fine the last couple of times, November was the last time.
I guess the removal of The Jungle and increased security has helped.
alec
alec

Back to top Go down

LED Headlights are set far too high - Page 2 Empty LED DIP HEADLAMP ADJUSTMENT ON 1.4s AUTO.

Post by Twosheds on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi all. Did mine as they were set far too high from new and had the usual problems of dazzling oncoming drivers, pilots, light house keepers, (and pedestrians!). YES the plastic hexagon screw is the adjuster.
My method was put dipped beam on to garage doors from around a car length away. Lift bonnet and place damp cloth over individual L and R lamp glass, and put length of masking tape across top of beam on each side to give reference. Use a black thin marker pen on actual adjuster to mark which is top. I then used 1/4 inch drive 8mm socket with screwdriver handle marked with small strip of white masking tape for reference, so that I knew how far I had turned the adjuster. I then lined up the mark on adjuster with mark on handle, (both at top) and turned to see if beams went up or down......simples! Clockwise = Down.
My finished adjustment, after trial and error, on a dark section of road, was 2 full turns clockwise on each lamp, (to keep the relative factory adjustment between the two).
Keep a note of adjustment.
Hope this helps.

Twosheds

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:18 am

Nice one Twosheds!
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2