Seat Belt Indicators

Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Seat Belt Indicators

Post by crozier on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:29 pm

Anyone know how the rear seat belt indicators are activated on the 2019 model vitara? When I have 2x rear seat passengers the centre rear seat belt warning light also activates. I have to pull the centre clip from the roof housing and latch it to the centre seat buckle to de-activate the warning buzzer.

I can't figure out how the sensors know how many rear seat occupants there are as there doesn't appear to be any pressure sensors in the seat squab or below it.

crozier

Posts : 83
Join date : 2016-12-31

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by sspearl on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:04 am

When you open the rear door it activates the three red warning lights regardless of any one sitting in the seats, the red lights and warning chime will stop after about 90 sec. Very Happy
sspearl
sspearl

Posts : 72
Join date : 2017-04-17
Age : 74
Location : Australia Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by JDVitara on Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:47 am

This is interesting... ALARM STOPPER

Check the dimensions are same as original.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Posts : 191
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : Twixt Leeds & Harrogate

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by crozier on Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:12 pm

sspearl wrote:When you open the rear door it activates the three red warning lights regardless of any one sitting in the seats, the red lights and warning chime will stop after about 90 sec. Very Happy

That would certainly explain it...except, when I open and close the rear door, and there are no passengers in the rear seat; I don't get the alarm chime.


crozier

Posts : 83
Join date : 2016-12-31

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by crozier on Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:13 pm

JDVitara wrote:This is interesting... ALARM STOPPER

Check the dimensions are same as original.

Might be the answer. The centre buckle is a different dimension to the side buckles.

crozier

Posts : 83
Join date : 2016-12-31

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by crozier on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:01 pm

crozier wrote:
sspearl wrote:When you open the rear door it activates the three red warning lights regardless of any one sitting in the seats, the red lights and warning chime will stop after about 90 sec. Very Happy

That would certainly explain it...except, when I open and close the rear door, and there are no passengers in the rear seat; I don't get the alarm chime.


Thinking about it again- it's probably a combination of opening the rear door and fastening one or more seat belts that triggers the chime. I'll check that out.

Many thanks


crozier

Posts : 83
Join date : 2016-12-31

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by STDI on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:11 pm

crozier wrote:
crozier wrote:
sspearl wrote:When you open the rear door it activates the three red warning lights regardless of any one sitting in the seats, the red lights and warning chime will stop after about 90 sec. Very Happy

That would certainly explain it...except, when I open and close the rear door, and there are no passengers in the rear seat; I don't get the alarm chime.


Thinking about it again- it's probably a combination of opening the rear door and fastening one or more seat belts that triggers the chime. I'll check that out.

Many thanks

So if none of the seat belts in the rear are fastened there is no warning? It can't be like that.

STDI

Posts : 208
Join date : 2017-04-15
Location : Sweden

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by crozier on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:22 pm

STDI wrote:
crozier wrote:
crozier wrote:
sspearl wrote:When you open the rear door it activates the three red warning lights regardless of any one sitting in the seats, the red lights and warning chime will stop after about 90 sec. Very Happy

That would certainly explain it...except, when I open and close the rear door, and there are no passengers in the rear seat; I don't get the alarm chime.


Thinking about it again- it's probably a combination of opening the rear door and fastening one or more seat belts that triggers the chime. I'll check that out.

Many thanks

So if none of the seat belts in the rear are fastened there is no warning? It can't be like that.

The symbols on the dashboard display will illuminate if the rear door is opened, but the chime doesn't sound. I haven't tested the theory, but it seems the chime is only activated if one or more of the seat belts are fastened. Then all rear seat belts need to be fastened or the relevant dashboard symbol/symbols will flash and the chime will sound.

There's no electrical connections to the rear seat bench or seat backs that I can see, so it's a bit of a puzzle as to how any sensors can tell how many rear seat occupants there are; if such sensors even exist.

crozier

Posts : 83
Join date : 2016-12-31

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by windsor on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi, I had the same problem, & luckily I have a helpful dealer, who knows his stuff.
When your right hand rear seat passenger clips in his seatbelt, he has a choice of two sockets, his & the centre seat. If he tries the wrong one first, although it won't fit, the contact is enough to make the system think there is a central passenger, with no seatbelt attached, & sound the warning.
You can either tell all passengers to get it right first time, or cover the centre belt socket with a sock as I do.
No more problems.
all the best
Geoff

windsor

Posts : 18
Join date : 2019-08-20

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by crozier on Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:08 pm

windsor wrote:Hi, I had the same problem, & luckily I have a helpful dealer, who knows his stuff.
When your right hand rear seat passenger clips in his seatbelt, he has a choice of two sockets, his & the centre seat. If he tries the wrong one first, although it won't fit, the contact is enough to make the system think there is a central passenger, with no seatbelt attached, & sound the warning.
You can either tell all passengers to get it right first time, or cover the centre belt socket with a sock as I do.
No more problems.
all the best
Geoff

Geoff...I think you've cracked it  Very Happy   That's exactly what happened: one of my passengers tried to use the centre buckle by mistake.

Now...What colour of sock?? Razz

crozier

Posts : 83
Join date : 2016-12-31

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by JDVitara on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:52 am

Windsor Geoff - I hope it matches the rest of the interior trim!
JDVitara
JDVitara

Posts : 191
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : Twixt Leeds & Harrogate

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Indicators Empty Re: Seat Belt Indicators

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum