Tyre recommendations

Go down

Tyre recommendations Empty Tyre recommendations

Post by suzuki-loops on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:09 am

I'm about to replace the tyres on my Allgrip Vitara.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good all rounder tyre? I have been happy with the standard fit Continentals but was wondering if there was anything 'better' out there.

I generally drive on roads, although I do use muddy/stoney byways on occasions but not full-on 4wd terrain.

suzuki-loops

Back to top Go down

Tyre recommendations Empty Re: Tyre recommendations

Post by crozier on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 am

Lots of discussions on the "best" tyres, but recommendations vary according to seasonal/off-road/touring etc.

This may help Tyre Review if you are looking for a straight replacement to the Contis. Consider the road noise factor as the Contis are quite noisy

crozier

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suzuki-loops on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:08 am

Crozier, thanks for the link, I will look carefully through it.

I am at the point where I am replacing all four tyres so thought this would be an opportunity to make the change. It's finding the balance between noise, performance and economy.

suzuki-loops

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:47 pm

I currently run Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen2 and having been impressed with their allround performance on my current vehicle, Skoda Octavia Scout, will be looking to fit them on its replacement which will hopefully be a SX4 S-Cross SZT Allgrip.

I normally run summer tyres on alloys, and Cold Weather Tyres on steels. Unfortunately, both sets of tyres, Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance and Nokian WR A3's were showing signs of cracking around the tread. I cannot complain as both sets were 5 years old, had covered 25k each and still had approximately 4mm of tread left. With the prospect of looking at £800+ to replace both sets, thoughts turned to All Seasons as possible replacements.

After doing a little bit of research I chose the Goodyears as they have a more 'winter' biased compound and tread, whereas Michelin Cross Climates appear to have a more 'summer' bias. Although it does not tend to snow a lot around here (I may have just jinxed myself!) temperatures tend to hover around 0C from October to April/May. At the time of purchase, July 2019, Kwik Fit Mobile were doing a promo so I got them fitted for £404 all in.

They are probably the best tyre I have fitted to my current vehicle; quiet and surefooted. Haven't noticed any difference with fuel economy. The one vast improvement I have noticed is due to there not being a dropped kerb leading up to my drive, on other tyres I would hear a clonk! whilst slowly bumping over it, tese tyres take it with soundless aplomb.

HTH

Fin

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Doogs on Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:11 pm

I got my first car at 32(misses,new bairn etc.)From 17 till then I rode motorcycles 365 rain hail or snow.With bikes,tyres are very a subjective.Ive had tyres I thought were great but others thought were crap and vice versa.I think with car tyres are its pretty much the same as its down to the individual.My last car(front wheel drive hatchback) ,when it came to replace tyres,got a set of vredestein qualtrac 3's.Fast forward 40,000 miles and replaced them with qualtrac 5,s. Again nearly got another 40,000 out of them then replaced with the same.These tyres although classed as all seasons rather than winters took that wee car places in the snow it had no right to be.The misses has conti all seasons on her Vitara which we both think are great but when the conti ecos are done on my s-cross then it will be back to the vredesteins.Ps running a set of nokian wrd4 on 16' steelies in winter till I get qualtracs

Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony's here on Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:22 pm

Have recently fitted Bridgestone All weathers controls, first impressions, quieter. than Conti Eco's, ride undulations better & feel more surefooted through bends in adverse conditions. At £120.00 a wheel fitted at Halfords am happy enough to suggest as an option for those looking for replacements.

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down