Autodim satnav/radio/phone screen

Go down

Autodim satnav/radio/phone screen Empty Autodim satnav/radio/phone screen

Post by Phil on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Anyone had problems with the autodim feature for the infotainment screen. It should dim automatically whenever the headlights are on irrespective of whether the lights were turned on automatically by the light sensor or manually.
The car is only a few weeks old and the dealer is on the case. We have tried 2 other cars they have in stock. One works when the lights are switched on manually but not automatically, the other didn't have the auto function and worked as expected. Mine very briefly flicks to night setting when manually switched and then reverts to the day setting. It does nothing when the lights come on automatically.

Anyone else had any issues with this?

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Autodim satnav/radio/phone screen Empty Re: Autodim satnav/radio/phone screen

Post by gatoz on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi
I had the same issue.
Probably the cause is something that is not written in the user manual:
According to the manual, the dim happens when the lights are on.
BUT, if you have selected the brightness of the instrument panel to be at 100% (by using the right small knob there), then the infotainment stays at day mode!
To check it, set ins panel brightness to 100% then open the lights and then go to the display setup menu in the infotainment.
The setup screen only refers to day mode and any setting goes there as if the lights were off.
Then go to home in the infotainment, reduce the ins panel brightness, open the lights and return in the display setup in the infotainment.
Now you have the ability to setup the night mode!
...it took hours to me without success, but my teen-son found it in 2'!
gatoz
gatoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Just tried it and bingo it now works as it should.

Excellent! Thank you and your son for working this out. I had tried turning down the instrument panel but I think there must be a particular order for turning down from 100%, selecting display brightness, turning the lights on and off and pressing the home button.
Weird but hey it now works. :-)

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:27 pm

So the Vitara does not have a CD; or am I missing something ? From what I gather you connect an Ipod to the USB port to get recorded music.

I was listening to Classic FM today on DAB; it is the only channel I tune in to, and several times the broadcast double backed on itself. Better explained like this " Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and gentlemen " . This also happened with the music. I imagine it is caused by the DAB radio trying to find a stronger signal and switching to another station. Or as was said on the Titanic does it mean another Belfast trip !!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down