Swapping Existing TPMS sensors to new wheels

Go down

Swapping Existing TPMS sensors to new wheels Empty Swapping Existing TPMS sensors to new wheels

Post by Harajack on Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:10 pm

This might sound stupid, but does anyone know if my existing TPMS sensors can be swapped to new alloys? I’m going from current 16” to 17” (still standard Suzuki alloys) Car is 2018 and sensors still appear like new. Many thanks in advance.

Harajack

Back to top Go down

Swapping Existing TPMS sensors to new wheels Empty Re: Swapping Existing TPMS sensors to new wheels

Post by JDVitara on Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Yes, according to... GOOGLE
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Swapping Existing TPMS sensors to new wheels Empty Re: Swapping Existing TPMS sensors to new wheels

Post by kwikphix328 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:53 pm

I have swapped mine around when getting wheels painted etc.
Also I use 16" Winter Alloys and 17" OEM summer Alloys.
I believe they spark into life when the wheel is revolving and then learn for a while before displaying info on the dash.

Hmmm.. 4 deg driving home last night from work at 01:00am... think it's time to put the winter boots back on...
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Yes you can change the TPMS sensors from your 16" to 17" wheels no problem, just ensure the tpms is torqued up correctly to ensure no leaks

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t47-tpms-tyre-pressure-monitor-sensor-specifications

Which 17" wheels are you changing to, I quite like the oe 16" alloys

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Harajack on Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated! I’m getting a set of mitsi alloys, Karl - black alloys on a black car...

Harajack

Back to top Go down

Post by Harajack on Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Should have said Misti alloys 🙄

Harajack

Back to top Go down

Post by LourensL on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:52 am

I went from 16 "to 18". And have the original TPMS put on it. Without any problem.

You can see the TPMS on this photo.
Swapping Existing TPMS sensors to new wheels 20190829
LourensL
LourensL

Back to top Go down

Post by Harajack on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:47 am

Those 18’s look well. Puts my mind at ease, as I really didn’t want to buy new sensors. Now to decide what tyres...😬

Harajack

Back to top Go down

Post by LourensL on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:54 am

Tires is always a tricky choice, depends a bit on where you live and how the weather conditions are. I myself have chosen Vredestein Quatrac Pro Allseason in the size 245/45R18
LourensL
LourensL

Back to top Go down

Post by Harajack on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:07 am

Probably an all season. Do like the look of an all terrain, but undecided as to what make. Found the existing contis really good in minor off road conditions, despite the 2wd. Must be the traction control. Previous Qashqai would’ve been long since stuck!

Harajack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down